Rainbow 6 Patriots video game:All freedom loving americans are terrorists

page: 1
14
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
"The 2011 Spike TV Video Game Awards showed off lots of interesting trailers, but the video for Rainbow Six: Patriots was definitely one of the most disturbing, showcasing a terrorist attack led by the game’s fictional ‘True Patriots’, a U.S. group that wants to exact revenge upon the banks and corporations on Wall Street for destroying the country’s economy."

news.softpedia.com...

This is starting to get insane. Pretty much anyone that doesn't agree with the state narrative is a terrorist.
edit on 15-6-2013 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Its JUST a game, a game I want!!!!



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman
 


I wouldn't be surprised if Clancy was approached to write the story either. They know what kind of effect games have on the young in society, get' em young as they say.

I know the developers said that the game would have some form of moral choices to it, so it'll be interesting what sort of 'choices' the game developers put in there - but you never know, maybe the game developers wrote in such a way that the player knows that what they are doing is wrong, but I wouldn't hold my breath.



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Its JUST a game, a game I want!!!!


It is just a game, you're right, but on the young and impressionable (who play it for eight hours solid before going to bed) it can be very damaging.

Games effect all of us subliminally, I remember when I started playing Fallout 3 years ago and I kept having nightmares about nuclear war and wastelands with people resorting to cannibalism and all sorts! To a child they can be very damaging to how you think. No parents these days give a # about certifications either, which doesn't help.



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman
 

If you commit a terrorist attack, you're a terrorist. Pretty straightforward. Just because someone does it for a political reason doesn't change the fact that you're still a terrorist. I don't know much about the game (I think Tom Clancy's books and games suck) but its probably not without precedent. And fighting right wing terrorists seems more fun than the usual call of duty style 'shoot everyone with an accent in the face' style of shooting game, at least its something new
so I guess S + F, Tom Clancy



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman
 


This is a game.
Would you also accuse actors, directors and writers of deliberately trying to paint "Patriots" as "terrorists"? I hate to tell you this, but your government has pretty much already made that distinction on their own.

And why would it matter? How does releasing this game to a couple of hundred thousand teenage virgins in their moms basement change anything? Gamers are not likely to be the ones forming a future for America - sorry, but this is statistically true.

If you want to influence the path your country is going to take for the next generation you need to influence the wealthy kids spending daddies money while being forced to study politics at Harvard or Yale.

Having the lacrosse team sponsored by the NSA would do more for them than making a video game painting patriots as "terrorists".



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman
 


This is a game.
Would you also accuse actors, directors and writers of deliberately trying to paint "Patriots" as "terrorists"? I hate to tell you this, but your government has pretty much already made that distinction on their own.

And why would it matter? How does releasing this game to a couple of hundred thousand teenage virgins in their moms basement change anything? Gamers are not likely to be the ones forming a future for America - sorry, but this is statistically true.

If you want to influence the path your country is going to take for the next generation you need to influence the wealthy kids spending daddies money while being forced to study politics at Harvard or Yale.

Having the lacrosse team sponsored by the NSA would do more for them than making a video game painting patriots as "terrorists".


They already do influence the rich Harvard Daddies boys, its called university education. Universities are the worst form of education for politics. At least in the UK they are. Half the lecturers are die-hard Marxists that sit there filling the kids heads up with bollocks all day long.

I've not been to university, hell I hardly finished school properly and I've worked since I was 17, I've played games a lot, yet I've still managed to accrue a hell of a lot of information about the world we live in, and whilst I don't want to blow my own trumpet, I probably know a damn sight more than most university kids that studied history or politics. So please don't assume too much about a large group of people.

Most that play these kinds of game are impressionable youths. They won't stop to see the moral side of the fictional story, they just see a game, but that doesn't mean on a subconscious level that they aren't soaking up all the information on the screen. Some of the stuff I've seen kids doing re-enacting Call Of Duty is quite worrying, although I blame the parents for not monitoring what they are playing.

And no, I'm not implying that every computer game is engineered to make kids violent wannabe soldiers, but I just think we should be careful what we let kids play in general - but given the subject matter on this particular game, I wouldn't be surprised if Tom Clancy was approached to write this this way. Unless he knew it would raise conversations like this.... no such thing as bad publicity.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 15-6-2013 by BinxieTrollestia because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
I know that Call of Duty Black Ops was banned on post for a part in the game where you play as terrorist and having to ambush an American military unit...
But then again I never played Black Ops, just know that it was banned for sale on post, it didn't limit soldiers from playing it though.
Games IMO can go both ways as for effecting people. I never had any issues growing up playing games, I am a gaming nerd and played games almost everyday of my life since the good ole days of the NES in '86 to SNES an Genesis, to playstation and dreamcast to PS2 and XBOX and now X360 and soon to be XBONE.
But there have been crimes of kids and violent video games.



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman
 


Holy crap...love the premise and was rooting for the guys who broke into the bank...as soon as they threw the guy out the window and blew him up...they are now terrorists
Didn't care for that part..

I'm assuming it's going to be rainbow six fighting domestic terrorists...good premise and more importantly plausible..
edit on 15-6-2013 by chrismarco because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BinxieTrollestia


They already do influence the rich Harvard Daddies boys, its called university education. Universities are the worst form of education for politics. At least in the UK they are. Half the lecturers are die-hard Marxists that sit there filling the kids heads up with bollocks all day long.


That's rather a bold statement considering what you say next. I'm guessing there is an axe to grind?


Originally posted by BinxieTrollestia
I've not been to university, hell I hardly finished school properly and I've worked since I was 17, I've played games a lot, yet I've still managed to accrue a hell of a lot of information about the world we live in, and whilst I don't want to blow my own trumpet, I probably know a damn sight more than most university kids that studied history or politics. So please don't assume too much about a large group of people.


There it is, that axe in all its glory.

I can't even be bothered with the rest of your ramblings. You've managed to take a somewhat interesting thread about a game and turn it into a rant about University education.

My own take on this game, which side is the "bad" side because it's sure as hell not obvious.



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
"It's just a game."

Sure. They're just games. And movies. And TV shows. And music. And books. And websites. And blogs. And Youtube videos.



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PW229

Originally posted by BinxieTrollestia


They already do influence the rich Harvard Daddies boys, its called university education. Universities are the worst form of education for politics. At least in the UK they are. Half the lecturers are die-hard Marxists that sit there filling the kids heads up with bollocks all day long.


That's rather a bold statement considering what you say next. I'm guessing there is an axe to grind?


Originally posted by BinxieTrollestia
I've not been to university, hell I hardly finished school properly and I've worked since I was 17, I've played games a lot, yet I've still managed to accrue a hell of a lot of information about the world we live in, and whilst I don't want to blow my own trumpet, I probably know a damn sight more than most university kids that studied history or politics. So please don't assume too much about a large group of people.


There it is, that axe in all its glory.

I can't even be bothered with the rest of your ramblings. You've managed to take a somewhat interesting thread about a game and turn it into a rant about University education.

My own take on this game, which side is the "bad" side because it's sure as hell not obvious.


Ok... I think you are taking it out of context a bit here. I was responding to Rockers comment which insinuated that everyone who plays games is not important and that anyone who has been to university was worth more. I was simply saying that universities have their fair share of indoctrination too.

Don't be such a dick.



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:07 PM
link   
(insert face palm here)

I saw that trailer and was like WTF thats crazy plot for a game, you get to go blow up bankers? sweet...

But now I see, your the guys stopping the guys doing real justice toward criminals.

Reminds me of that short lived show Continuum about a time traveling cop, who is trying to stop Terrorist trying to restore freedom and democracy from the "Corporate" government that ruled the future, the Cop worked for Corporations and the bad guys believed in the constitution...



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by s4196606
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman
 

If you commit a terrorist attack, you're a terrorist. Pretty straightforward. Just because someone does it for a political reason doesn't change the fact that you're still a terrorist. I don't know much about the game (I think Tom Clancy's books and games suck) but its probably not without precedent. And fighting right wing terrorists seems more fun than the usual call of duty style 'shoot everyone with an accent in the face' style of shooting game, at least its something new
so I guess S + F, Tom Clancy


Absolutely true, each of the signers of the declaration of Independence and participants in the Boston Tea party where all declared criminals and terrorist wanted by the crown.



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
(insert face palm here)

I saw that trailer and was like WTF thats crazy plot for a game, you get to go blow up bankers? sweet...

But now I see, your the guys stopping the guys doing real justice toward criminals.

Reminds me of that short lived show Continuum about a time traveling cop, who is trying to stop Terrorist trying to restore freedom and democracy from the "Corporate" government that ruled the future, the Cop worked for Corporations and the bad guys believed in the constitution...


That show is still growing but it's based in Vancouver, Canada.



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl
Reminds me of that short lived show Continuum about a time traveling cop...


Eh? Short lived? It's still going on.

I wish I had the option of siding with the "bad guys" in this game.
edit on 15-6-2013 by Junkheap because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by benrl
(insert face palm here)

I saw that trailer and was like WTF thats crazy plot for a game, you get to go blow up bankers? sweet...

But now I see, your the guys stopping the guys doing real justice toward criminals.

Reminds me of that short lived show Continuum about a time traveling cop, who is trying to stop Terrorist trying to restore freedom and democracy from the "Corporate" government that ruled the future, the Cop worked for Corporations and the bad guys believed in the constitution...


That show is still growing but it's based in Vancouver, Canada.


oh wow I thought it was cancelled, PURE propaganda show, I was hoping they would take the route that the main character would learn she was in the wrong.



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Did you see the episode where she figured out that it wasn't a real bomb and she tricked that CEO into confessing that she was embezzling company pensions?



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by benrl

Originally posted by yourmaker

Originally posted by benrl
(insert face palm here)

I saw that trailer and was like WTF thats crazy plot for a game, you get to go blow up bankers? sweet...

But now I see, your the guys stopping the guys doing real justice toward criminals.

Reminds me of that short lived show Continuum about a time traveling cop, who is trying to stop Terrorist trying to restore freedom and democracy from the "Corporate" government that ruled the future, the Cop worked for Corporations and the bad guys believed in the constitution...


That show is still growing but it's based in Vancouver, Canada.


oh wow I thought it was cancelled, PURE propaganda show, I was hoping they would take the route that the main character would learn she was in the wrong.


That's whats happening though. She is realizing she is in the wrong as well as the head CEO corporation guy.
But they are still fighting the 'terrorists' because they are committing acts of terror.



posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
So this game involves a bunch of domestic terrorists who strap bombs to people before throwing them out the window—and people here are rooting for the terrorists?


Here's a tip folks: putting 'Patriot' in your name doesn't make you the good guy. You can call yourselves 'The First Line Constitution-Loving Christian Freedom Patriots of the Lord for an Independent Capitalist America', but if you murder innocent civilians with bombs, you're still nothing but a bunch of filthy terrorists.





top topics
 
14
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join


Haters, Bigots, Partisan Trolls, Propaganda Hacks, Racists, and LOL-tards: Time To Move On.
read more: Community Announcement re: Decorum