It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GI MREs (Meals Ready [to] Eat)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Seriously, reading this post. Its weird, but what i would give just to have one more chili mac just the way i described it. I knida liked MRE's and wish they were more readily available for me. I know now i should have stored a couple boxes away when i had the chance.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by mactheaxe
Seriously, reading this post. Its weird, but what i would give just to have one more chili mac just the way i described it. I knida liked MRE's and wish they were more readily available for me. I know now i should have stored a couple boxes away when i had the chance.

Yeah I know what you mean, I am actually looking at one right now, but I just got back from a seafood joint and I'm full to bursting, so chili mac doesn't sound all too great, but I'm having a few beers tonight, so maybe I might bust one open and have it your way.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   
We scared my first sgt with a water bottle going off at formation once. Those of you who get it........we didnt realize it would take so long to fill with air...........

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Arnie123
[mor
Pm me.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mactheaxe

yeah that won't happen with my 1st Srgt, he's from Ranger Batt, he'll just stare at us without the slightest hint of emotion. Then again rangers prolly have done it all with MRE's....
You take the heater and stuff it into the bottle and shake it up, lol classic

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

oh the days of C and K rations, if you lost your P38 your had no food tin but no food you did have the crackers and peanut butter, some thing in a pull tab can, made good fish bait, one dozen Hershey Bars. some would say yea that's food, to me junk and snack food. now for real food and yes the UN says it is grubs worms and grasshoppers and some other bugs I will not post but just as good if not better than a MRE "guess if you dare, what it is", food

edit on 16-6-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Below is a piece-by-piece listing of one that I opened to photograph. (Alas, I'm totally ignorant of ATS's secrets for adding images.)

If you'd like to send me your pics, I can edit your OP and include them. Hit me with a U2U message, and I'll see what I can do.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by mactheaxe
reply to post by projectvxn

I guess there are generations of these beyond when i had em. I would kinda like to try the new ones.

They're definitely not the rations of the past.

My problem with MREs is the extremely high sodium content.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

That's one way. We were taught to cut out the fingers from a BSI glove, open it up to it's longest, and the thumb sticking out, snip the thumb, tape it down, and voila! a properly valved dressing for a chest puncture wound in a Mcguyver kinda way.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arnie123
reply to post by mactheaxe

yeah that won't happen with my 1st Srgt, he's from Ranger Batt, he'll just stare at us without the slightest hint of emotion. Then again rangers prolly have done it all with MRE's....
You take the heater and stuff it into the bottle and shake it up, lol classic

That's exactly what we did, it took a while, we ended up getting called to formation thirty feet away. Memories.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join