It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Morsi says Egypt cuts all ties with Damascus, calls for Syria no-fly zone

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Not much surprises me anymore, but this did.

Morsi says Egypt cuts all ties with Damascus, calls for Syria no-fly zone

Egypt has decided to cut all ties with Syria, close the embassy in Cairo and withdraw the Egyptian envoy from Damascus, said Egyptian President Mohamed Morsi. He also urged the international powers to impose a no-fly zone over Syria.

"We have decided to close down the Syrian embassy in Cairo," said Morsi during a conference of Sunni Muslim clerics in support of the Syrian uprising at Cairo Indoor Stadium, according to local newspaper Ahram online. "The Egyptian envoy in Damascus will also be withdrawn."

I was thinking ... what the heck ... The Muslim Brotherhood in Egypt is siding with the USA and the rebels (Al -Qaeda)??? But then I saw that it was a Sunni vs Shiite thing. The Sunni's in Egypt are doing this because they dont' like the Shiite Hezbollah who are helping Assad.

Man ... we are going to need a major size flow chart to keep track of all the players in this non-war war.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
aaaaand we have this ...

Thousands of Egyptian Islamists Rally for Syria Jihad

Thousands of Islamists rallied in the Egyptian capital on Friday in support of calls by Sunni Muslim clerics for a holy war against the regime of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

The demonstration took place outside a Cairo mosque where Saudi preacher Mohammed al-Oreifi called in a sermon for a "jihad in the cause of Allah in Syria." Oreifi urged worshippers to "unite against their enemy.

Oh gosh .... everyone is taking their sides .... it'll play out in Syria lands .....

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I'll just bet that no one ever thought they'd see Israel and Egypt side by side on policy for anything in this life. That must be a sure sign this is either the precise right or the precise wrong thing to be doing. My vote is in on which I think it is.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

"Its the choice of a new generation"

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Maybe the leadership of Egypt has developed split personalities. They can't decide who they hate more ... Israel or the Hezbollah. At the moment it's the Hezbollah and Assad. There is always some hate rhetoric coming from them ....

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
my 1st thought was how could he talk when his mouth was so stuffed with green paper.
OR
A deal has been struck, Egypt siding with USA for a favour that USA uses its influence to prevent Ethiopia from building a dam on Nile.

However the sunni shia factor is also a major one but the timings are too perfect,
as if the people should not get too much gap between recent developments that they either forget or start thinking too much till they reach a point where they say, "wait a minute.."

1)US declaring that CWs were used
2)Iran has new president.(i wonder do politicians have a secret ethical code of not messing with each other during election time!)
3)Egypt declaring that they are no more pro assad..

Lets see who else suddenly realises
that they don't like assad anymore.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:36 PM
link   
This is alaruming.
Not just because of the stance which the Egyptian gov has taken...but because its a harbinger of whats to come...
Shia/Sunni clashes all over the ME.
Iraq is ripe to just start right up again with the sectarian violence, and the iranis may turn out to be surprising Iraqi allies in the near future....
Only 20 % Sunnis in Iraq....the ugly face of sectarian war rears its head over a few countries here....

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Hezbollah... Yeah... Those nice folks that are well established in a somewhat covert way in Northern Mexico and fairly open in some ways, North of the border. This whole situation is levels of complications. We so need to stay out of it.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Remember Egypt's protests? About Mubarak being just a stooge of the West? So they "threw" him out and they got Morsi... another stooge of the West. Of course he cries for intervention in Syria...

Just give us the damn no fly zone already. Like everybody is doing it. See? Even Morsi "wants it".

Yay, another M.E nation falls to the western sword.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by logical7
my 1st thought was how could he talk when his mouth was so stuffed with green paper.
OR
A deal has been struck, Egypt siding with USA for a favour that USA uses its influence to prevent Ethiopia from building a dam on Nile.

However the sunni shia factor is also a major one but the timings are too perfect,
as if the people should not get too much gap between recent developments that they either forget or start thinking too much till they reach a point where they say, "wait a minute.."

1)US declaring that CWs were used
2)Iran has new president.(i wonder do politicians have a secret ethical code of not messing with each other during election time!)
3)Egypt declaring that they are no more pro assad..

Lets see who else suddenly realises
that they don't like assad anymore.

Morsi also urged Arab and Islamic countries to have an emergency summit on the latest developments in the Syria conflict.

"This summit is meant to provide an Arab cover for any Western escalation against Assad's administration," the political expert said, citing Western attacks on the former governments of Iraq and Libya as examples.

With regards to Morsi's warning to Lebanon's militant group Hezbollah against involvement in the Syria conflict, Salama said that it was meant to please Islamists, particularly the Salafists.

"Morsi needs their support as an intended massive anti-president protests will be held on June 30," he said, adding that the protests will be held by activists and the opposition who call for an ousting of Morsi and an early presidential election.

Edit to add link news.xinhuanet.com...

I wonder how you say Diebold in Egyptian.

edit on 16-6-2013 by frazzle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Iran sends 4,000 soldiers to help Assad

Crap ... Obama also just asked England and France to supply for the Sunni.
Sides have been taken. this is going to be a freak'n mess like nothing we've seen ....
That's my prediction

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Not much surprises me anymore, but this did.

Why would it surprise you? (opinion) This is exactly what he was put in power to do in the first place.

The whole pretending to be allies or not is just a continuous facade for the public.

top topics

join