It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Page hotlinks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Hi ATS,

Reference: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Is there any chance of inserting a copy of the "Pages: >" at the bottom of 'Recent Posts' page ?

Yes, i know i am lazy by not wanting to move the scrollbar up the vertical slider on the right hand side of the page followed by clicking the number 2 to get to page 2.

Its just that many other information websites have the 'Progress to next page >>' at the bottom and i believe it will be easy to duplicate the current "Pages: >" and verify that the 'onclick's are going to the same hotlinks as they currently do at the top of the page.

Snippet taken from www.abovetopsecret.com...

Pages: 1,

i understand i might be asking for a lot, but a copy and paste of the above code into a new DIV or Table Division and then positioned at the bottom of the page should be all thats needed
edit on 15-6-2013 by Rapha because: spike brackets problem with DIV

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

That's funny.

I too find it tedious to have to tire out my poor finger using the middle mouse wheel to scroll back up to the top in order to click onto the next page of a thread.

Man, we really must be getting crusty and lazy in our old age.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Man, we really must be getting crusty and lazy in our old age.

Definately. lol. Good too know i am not the only one who finds it tedious scrolling back to the top of the page.

Its like many steps backwards to step forward to the next page.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Press the 'home' key. It will position the page for clicking the page number links.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Hey there.

If you take a look you'll notice the ATS redesign is in full swing.

All pages and features are going through a major overhaul and the 1,2,3,4 toolbar, may not be needed at all.

The recent posts page for example will now auto update as you scroll down, so you don't ever need to go to a second page.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by Rapha

If you take a look you'll notice the ATS redesign is in full swing.

All pages and features are going through a major overhaul and the 1,2,3,4 toolbar, may not be needed at all.

That is perfect.

Thanks very much.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I recall the ATS2010 (that happened in 2011 but was planned for 2009) launch went terribly. In the end we ended up back at a place where we had just somewhat modified ATS but didn't radically change it. This one I have heard talk of making it very mobile friendly. That would be a total disaster.

In any event, I am hopeful.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

thanks for the tip that does save using the scroll wheel. now if only the writing on my keyboard was bigger, hard to find these little buttons sometimes, but that's just between me and the lap top manufacturer...

top topics

join