It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by Emily_Cragg
1. We can attend to and live out someone else's--other humans'--choices or
2. We can live out our own choices by attending to and teaming with God.
This is all there is. There is no "third option."
In the writings, God expresses the preference that we get what we give.
This is some kind of Law like gravity or nutrition, only giving demands that we attend to and make the choice and follow that choice with behavior.
Of course, the family is where most giving occurs; and IT wants to dissolve all family bonds and knowledge to limit our choices to whom to attend [children and parents] and to whom to give [time, care and thoughts].
I guess my question to you Shadow is: "To whom do you CHOOSE to give your attention--to the Self that IT WANTS to separate from family OR to the Family that God wants to GIVE you?"
Originally posted by 1slocr
Okay. Here's a few from the Gospel of Thomas. These are probably simple to understand for most people but I'm a little slow with these things.
14. Jesus said to them, "If you fast, you will bring sin upon yourselves, and if you pray, you will be condemned, and if you give to charity, you will harm your spirits.
16. Jesus said, "Perhaps people think that I have come to cast peace upon the world. They do not know that I have come to cast conflicts upon the earth: fire, sword, war.
This one shocked me when I first read it because it sounded like Jesus has come as an opponent to peace. But knowing what I now know, it reads as Jesus coming to destroy the evil spread upon the earth.
114. Simon Peter said to them, "Make Mary leave us, for females don't deserve life."
Jesus said, "Look, I will guide her to make her male, so that she too may become a living spirit resembling you males. For every female who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of Heaven."