It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hassan Rouhani is Iran's next president

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by catlitter
At around the same time as you are, or are you deliberately skipping over Canada's participation in Afghanistan?

Nope, quite aware of it. I'm not the one whinging about little things like looting an embassy though.

But this isn't about my country, or what we have done, this is about Iran, and how they have kidnapped diplomatic staff, military personnel in international waters, threatened to attack us and attacked our embassy on two occasions.

It's not about your country? Then why are moaning about "how they have kidnapped diplomatic staff, military personnel in international waters, threatened to attack us and attacked our embassy on two occasions." I see. It's only a bad thing when it you that takes a little hit. A HUGE beating by you on others doesn't matter. Got it.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by exponencial
reply to post by catlitter

I guess if you were a President/General there would be a new war all the time right? Because things cant get settled the way most normal people want right? WITHOUT WAR. Words are just words(about the bombing of London). I am glad that there were smarter people than you taking care of international relations for sure.

Please do tell me more about myself. It is so fascinating reading what I am thinking from someone I have never met nor discussed with previously.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

So when are you expecting to be bombed to the stone age for what you guys did in Iraq and Afghanistan?

Sure...but war is never about right or wrong...it is all about whether someone is with us or against us....all sides think they are right and all sides think everyone else is wrong. The history books are written by the victors and that will never change.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   

I see. It's only a bad thing when it you that takes a little hit. A HUGE beating by you on others doesn't matter. Got it.

So much like the way you, vindictively, asked when we were due for a bombing but not your own joke country?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   

I like this if only it's easier to spell his name.

True. And I do hope this will be a positive change.

What countries has Iran attacked in, um, like....forever?

Iran isn't innocent. It's just like all the rest ... it's got it's claws into other countries and terrorist groups. Just because they dont' officially declare war saying 'Iran is at war with Saudi Arabia' .. doesn't mean that the aren't at war with Saudi Arabia. Ya' know?

We never declared war against Syria ... but we are as good as at war with Assad.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

I'm talking about shortsightedness and hypocrisy. It seems that to some here the golden rule is "Do unto other but damn don't do unto me or that not right. I'm going to cry."

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Canada isn't a joke country it is a great place...Oh and I also am from England.

(Please send Canadian bucks to PO box Boymonkey
)
edit on 15-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by cody599
What a kick in the nuts for Bibi Netanyahu

TRUE! I'd bet a box of donuts that his blood pressure is up today.
I'm wondering how he's going to spin this. His little chart had Iran fast
approaching that red line ... kabooooom!
It's a game changer for Bibi.

link   

I'm talking about shortsightedness and hypocrisy. It seems that to some here the golden rule is "Do unto other but damn don't do unto me or that not right. I'm going to cry."

So like the way you jumped on my country for being in Iraq and Afghanistan but not your own for doing exactly the same thing? Is everything you say a hypocrisy? Just trying to find out now so I don' have to waste further time here.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

When you start writting BS in a discussion, you can expect people replying to your posts to try to get you to THINK. But I guess that your username says everything about your posts

link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Canada isn't a joke country it is a great place...

NHL .. MOLSON ... beautiful mountains and awesome ice cream. mmmmm

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
At least this President of Iran won't have Americans saying they personally remember him from the Hostage Crisis as a direct participant.

Seriously. It was pretty clear that he was one of the henchmen. But he got a free ride in the press and with the international community. :shk:

link   

So like the way you jumped on my country for being in Iraq and Afghanistan but not your own for doing exactly the same thing? Is everything you say a hypocrisy? Just trying to find out now so I don' have to waste further time here.

If you don't want to waste time I suggest reading what other post. I already acknowledged Canada's involvement in Afghanistan. I also said that we weren't whining about anything.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

LOL
You are the right person to say to someone that they are hypocrat. Try to look at yourself first.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

When you start writting BS in a discussion, you can expect people replying to your posts to try to get you to THINK. But I guess that your username says everything about your posts

Oh I am sorry, I was mistaken, I thought this was a forum for expressing opinions. What you are telling me is that this is a forum for having your opinion battered by by others and your right to express such an opinion curtailed under the falsive banner of "thinking", which basically means "shut up until you agree with me". Is that right?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Once again hypocrisy only exists with the "other" country. We went into Iraq to free its people, we went into Afghanistan to do the same, so how can this be hypocrisy?

Are you understanding my point here?

The only reason Iran is wrong is because they are against us...nothing more. One does wonder that if a country like Iran was as powerful as the US how would they influence the world to meet their views on how things should be.

edit on 15-6-2013 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Anglophobia is deeply entrenched within Iranian culture. I couldn't give a toss about Israel or Iraq, only my country, and when you attack and threaten my country, you become the enemy for the rest of time.

When did Iran threaten your country? I'm assuming UK as you mention "anglophobia".

No you assume wrong. Anglo= England. My country is England. My country is in a union with other countries, but ,my country is England, hence Anglo.

Well, we can start with them kidnapping sailors of the Royal Navy, twice, in international waters. They should have been bombed into the stoneage for that alone, but one of their politicians threatened to attack London, and then they looted the Embassy in Tehran.

We could carry on, but you get the picture.

What a hypocrite..!

Looting the british embassy..? For 200 years Britons looted the Iranian NATION AND NATONAL TRESUSRES left and right (start with the OIL), and now Iranian are the looters..?

Btw, those sailors were on infiltrating routes were captured (not kidnaped as you romantically mentioned it in your ignorant rants). Soldiers during missions cannot be (kidnapped). Kudos to the Iranian soldiers and government’s vast generosities to send them back where they came from (INTACT and in one PIECE).

Would your bigot/cabal/hypocrite government with their all democracies do the same if the situation were vice versa..?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero
Once again hypocrisy only exists with the "other" country. We went into Iraq to free its people, we went into Afghanistan to do the same, so how can this be hypocrisy?

Are you understanding my point here?

You seriously believe that? Besides, does it matter to the over 1 million dead Iraqis what your motivations might have been? And because of a couple of kidnappings and an embassy looting these people have no justification for their anger? Yup, hypocrisy.

Btw, catlitter, Canada didn't go into Iraq.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Oh I am sorry, I was mistaken, I thought this was a forum for expressing opinions. What you are telling me is that this is a forum for having your opinion battered by by others and your right to express such an opinion curtailed under the falsive banner of "thinking", which basically means "shut up until you agree with me". Is that right?

When you write something like this:
"Well, we can start with them kidnapping sailors of the Royal Navy, twice, in international waters. They should have been bombed into the stoneage for that alone, but one of their politicians threatened to attack London, and then they looted the Embassy in Tehran."

And then someone confronts you by saying what your country has done to:
Afghanistan and Iraq (Tens of thousands killed).

Then I cant image what you would do to your country, since what it has done is 1000x worse than what Iran has.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

TRUE! I'd bet a box of donuts that his blood pressure is up today. I'm wondering how he's going to spin this

This is how it's being reported in Israel so far

The outcome is unlikely to transform relations between Iran and the outside world, the Islamic Republic's disputed policy on developing nuclear power or its support of Syria's president in the civil war there - all sensitive security matters that are the domain of Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. But the president does wield important influence in decision-making in the sprawling Shi'ite Muslim nation and major OPEC state of 75 million and could bring a change from the confrontational style of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, who was constitutionally barred from seeking a third consecutive term.

Source

The next couple of weeks will be interesting

Cody

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join