It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No good. No bad. Only what is best.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
There is no evil in the world. Instead the universe is inherently chaotic. There is no good either. Instead life acts upon what it feels is best to cradle its own purpose. The fact is that people we label as monsterous are not evil. Their minds are skewed and what they feel is right is much different then societies view. Imagine you believe that killing someone releases them from the pains in this world. Are you a murderer? Or are you a savior? In your mind your doing whats best.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by raj10463

Philosophically speaking your post is in contradiction of its self.

If there is No Good and No Bad then how can there be a Best?

Serial Killers Kill, Military Personnel Kill, Regular People Kill, Drunk Drivers Kill, Terrorists Kill, and the list goes on for damn near eternity.

Are you saying that we kill because we believe it is what is "Best"?

I Think Not.

Let's take the Drunk Driver for Example. He Kills because he is suffering a Severe Act of Retardation. No Thought Process involved what so ever. So, .. How is it that he is doing what he Thinks is Best if he barely has the capacity to crash his vehicle and urinate all over himself?

edit on 15-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by raj10463
There is no evil in the world. Instead the universe is inherently chaotic.

Theoretical, not fact.

Ever seen a 3D generated fractal zoomed righ in? Can be an organic looking jumble of curves, lines and surfaces. Zoom right out and you have a uniform looking geometric shape. 2 different views of the same thing. Similar to our galaxy if you like. No order when viewed from our ball of dirt but a beautiful seemingly geometric spiral when seen from afar.

Trying to define things that are undefinable from only a single personal viewpoint leaves no room for acceptance of other infinate views.

We are all good and bad at different degrees of the extreme at different times. Chaotic yet sometimes predictable too.

cheers

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

There is no evil in the world. Instead the universe is inherently chaotic.

Theoretical, not fact.

Ever seen a 3D generated fractal zoomed righ in? Can be an organic looking jumble of curves, lines and surfaces. Zoom right out and you have a uniform looking geometric shape. 2 different views of the same thing. Similar to our galaxy if you like. No order when viewed from our ball of dirt but a beautiful seemingly geometric spiral when seen from afar.

Trying to define things that are undefinable from only a single personal viewpoint leaves no room for acceptance of other infinate views.

We are all good and bad at different degrees of the extreme at different times. Chaotic yet sometimes predictable too.

cheers

and if a rock falls from the sky and crushes you, is the rock evil? we kill to eat, are we evil?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by raj10463

I think you'd fit well as the chief thinker at a fortune cookie factory.

Outside, in the rest of the world here, I have no question in my mind that evil exists and it's a tangible thing sometimes. Men carry it in themselves to define the term, but tangible it sure is. Your example isn't evil though. That's defined as criminal insanity.

Evil is some worthless human being who knows right from wrong as an academic exercise but has no more care or concern for staying on the right side of that equation than one gives to walking on the sidewalk vs. the grassy strip with the little sign, asking people not to. Just my take on it.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

and if a rock falls from the sky and crushes you, is the rock evil? we kill to eat, are we evil?

A rock has no choice being good or evil, it just "is". What it does is only good and/or evil from the point of view of someone who chooses their definitions and perspectives at the time related to the existance and actions of the rock.

I don't kill to eat, someone else does that for me.

If you try and define this further you will just end up going round in circles which is why acceptance is the key. Things just "are" or just "happen". Live, learn, accept, move on and understand the infinate perspectives and possibilities.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

Do you Kill flies?

How about Cockroaches?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
reply to post by nerbot

Do you Kill flies?

How about Cockroaches?

Yes, but I don't eat them so your comment is irrelevant.

In fact, it's a complete massagre of insects when I mow the lawn.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Define evil!

Then I ask you why you claim nothing that occurs by intent to harm, is not called evil?

And the distortion in science and metaphysics is called Chaos Theory.

EU theory is the correct one. There is no invisible weightless all negative magnet called an electron orbitting an all positive proton magnet. They would smash together. There are magnetic waves, or forces, that we are mistaking as electrons.

How do all the multipoled magnets fit together into shapes?

HARMONY! The Universe is an orchestra of HARMONY, SOUND, MUSIC, and there is a cluster of bucky ball magnets alligned in patterns to shapes, not that they are all that material.

We use explosive energies, harmful radiation.

Implosive, and cold fusion, is how the universe does it. Altering a cluster of atoms releases discharge of energy, cavitation.

Study the Pistol shrimp and the Star in the Jar.

Sonoluminescence!

And on the action and intent side.

There is good and bad and inbetween.

Anyone who wakes up inside, mediates and seeks to overturn negative within themselves will become a son of God and awaken to their phone line home, connection to HS and Source. They will hold a much higher frequency in this world and bring heaven to earth.

That is the test here.

Its a highly interactive planet/realm, goe sup and down all the time, like a teeter totter.

Based on good and bad, giving/taking, love/power.
edit on 15-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by nerbot

your right.

edit on 15-6-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by nerbot

A rock has no choice being good or evil, it just "is". What it does is only good and/or evil from the point of view of someone who chooses their definitions and perspectives at the time related to the existance and actions of the rock.

I don't kill to eat, someone else does that for me.

If you try and define this further you will just end up going round in circles which is why acceptance is the key. Things just "are" or just "happen". Live, learn, accept, move on and understand the infinate perspectives and possibilities.

you provide my theory with more credit. if good and evil are perspective then they do not really exist. if everyone were to forget the concept it would be erased from reality. rationality would be king.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I tend to think relativity is a law all turns on, and in the case of good or bad, it is relative to intent, as you have said.
There is what is effective or not effective, according to a certain goal or intention.
Which is pretty much what you said, so I would agree.

I think it can sometimes be a little unclear for us because we have both conscious drives and intents, as well as subconscious ones, the subconscious ones make the lines blur somewhat.
edit on 16-6-2013 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I explain what I think about this here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Better to just link it. It's getting late.

An article I read maybe a year ago in a magazine was very interesting. I've written about it at least twice in past posts on ATS. I even listed the magazine issue and page. But right now, I can't recall the name of it off the top of my mind. But I think the sum of the article was that evolutiong has not produced a perfect built-in morality. In some ways, our "old brain" is wrong about things and is easily manipulated. I think I recall that in one experiment just the presence of a water fountain change what people thought about society and people, regardless of background. It argued we should use our new brain and to use logic and executive functions to override our instinctive reactions.

My feeling is that we should not disregard our instinctive feelings. I think that evolution has provided us a wealth of instinct that should be respected. It's millions of years of trial/error.

EDIT: Ok, I looked it up and here it's:
discover.coverleaf.com...

The article is "The End of Morality."
edit on 16-6-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

There is no evil in the world. Instead the universe is inherently chaotic. There is no good either. Instead life acts upon what it feels is best to cradle its own purpose. The fact is that people we label as monsterous are not evil. Their minds are skewed and what they feel is right is much different then societies view. Imagine you believe that killing someone releases them from the pains in this world. Are you a murderer? Or are you a savior? In your mind your doing whats best.

That would be called insanity. Flip the question in reverse to get to the crux of it. If a man approached you with a gun, and said 'I'm going to do you a favor and kill you', are you looking at a killer or a savior?

edit on 17-6-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

top topics

join