It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 74
<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

ETA: I see you edited your post. I'm almost 100% certain that anthonycooper is your alter ego now. Stop lying to yourself, it's not a good quality to have to make up stories.

Then go to the mods. Or should I alert them myself? It might be fun, ruining your game by bringing in the "authorities". I would hate to waste their time on such a pointless exercise, but it looks like they may have to play the role of "tie breaker".
edit on 27-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

I see more clearly now. I am the one to apologize to you. And I do so humbly.

Does one criticise a blind man for not appreciating a sunset? Is it fair to scold the deaf for not enjoying a symphony? A child for not understanding physics? No, and I had no business criticizing you.

You could not even see the insults you produced, or recognize them as such. It is not for me to fault your inability.

I would explain the goodness of Christianity, but it is unnecessary. You have destroyed Atheism by yourself.

You applaud the freedom of Atheism, and indeed you have much more freedom than I, but to what end?

I could break a thousand promises and come back with a new name and a new face and a new promise and I would be "honorable" because no one knows who anyone else is.
I do not have that freedom. I know who I am, God knows who I am. A broken promise is nothing to you, but it is disaster for me.

We trade in speculation, lies, and rumors.
You, perhaps, do. I know who I am, and so does God. As far as I know, I have never told a lie on this site. You're familiar with the phrase "blot on the escutcheon?" I attempt to keep mine spotless because it is right to do so.

Your honor means nothing to me because this is the internet. Honor. What a joke.
I could not post here if I believed honor, right conduct, was a joke. What light can I offer if you believe light is really darkness? If honor means nothing to you, what does? Honor is the most basic form of right conduct. It is not the greatest possible good, God supplies that, but it is a good recognized by all, regardless of their faith. Atheism trades that away for freedom. Fredom is just a tool used to accomplish many good things, but also many bad things.

The only constraint on an Atheist is his desire and passion at the moment. The "freedom" of an Atheist is slavery to his desires, good or bad, helpful or hurtful. He is a slave to whatever impulses his body sends him at the time. His natural body. Therfore, an Atheist is really a pagan nature worshipper. Not the absolutely worst religion in the world, but you're meant for better.

Again, my apologies for expecting things of you that you are not able to provide.

- C -

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

As long as someone walked away with a better understanding or an inclination to improve their understanding as a result of this thread, I consider it a success.

I'm starting to feel very worried about "converting" some one. Anthony at least had other ideas that he could fall back on even though giving up Roman Catholicism.

I'm beginning to fear that some one may just say to me, "Your religion is brilliant! Where can I sign up?"

Then the embarrassment that I would feel when I'm forced to explain that my religion is really lousy when compared to other people's religions, and that my religion doesn't even begin to answer the questions that people generally assume that a religion exists to answer.

This potential for embarrassment is making me wonder if I should even talk about religion any more.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Would you state for the audience exactly what your first impression was?

Sure! I'd be more than glad to:
My first impression, after reading your OP, was that you are a "glory hound". Since then, you have only solidified that "impression".

For someone who has never met me in person, you have an awful lot to say about me. It's almost like you think you know me.

That's because I have learned a lot about you from your words, and your interactions with myself, and others. And, I know you well enough to know that I don't want to meet you in person.

For the record, I despise worship. I have said as much many times.

For the record: You have only indicated that you DESPISE the worship of God.

To your credit: You have done that often.

No, you've been dismissive of my answers. What questions have I failed to answer? Line them up for me.

What you refer to as "answers", are, in truth, only deflections or insults. I'm not interested in playing that game with you, any longer. You have already wasted all the chances that I'm going to give to you.

You're more concerned with proving me a fraud than anything else.

I don't deserve any credit for that! You're doing a mighty fine job of that, all by yourself.

Well, I did start the thread. And I am a key player in the event this thread covers.

I can only give you a star. Is that what you want?

See ya,
Milt
edit on 27-6-2013 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Whatever. You've clearly passed judgment upon me, so I presume there is nothing more to be exchanged between the two of us.

Oh, and this:

The only constraint on an Atheist is his desire and passion at the moment. The "freedom" of an Atheist is slavery to his desires, good or bad, helpful or hurtful. He is a slave to whatever impulses his body sends him at the time. His natural body. Therfore, an Atheist is really a pagan nature worshipper. Not the absolutely worst religion in the world, but you're meant for better.

I find it presumptuous that you would so matter-of-factly state what is "better" for me. I have always made a point of clarifying that I am making my opinion known, perhaps you should do the same.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

If you'd like to, sure. Make sure they post the results in this thread as well instead of in a PM.

Like I said though, I couldn't care less if you are lying or not, your responses within this thread have already shown volumes about your character. Some of those characteristics include: arrogance, snottiness, unsociable, narcissistic, vanity, and an inability to admit you are wrong about anything.

If you wish to prove your point then go for it, bring the mods in, but it won't change my view of you one way or the other.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

I have been trying to peice A. Coopers spiritual journey together as well. That seems to be the most glaring omission. You would think the most important, at least to me, possibly insightful regarding how such a transformation takes place from a faith based ideology to entering as 3NLight said a potencial new episode of 'The Twilight Zone". I have heard of questioning faith, never altering (basically destroying) a TOTAL belief system so quickly and dramatically. Was he on the fence to begin with and just a few whispers (expertly exhaled breath knocked him off?).

edit on 27-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Sure! I'd be more than glad to:
My first impression, after reading your OP, was that you are a "glory hound". Since then, you have only solidified that "impression".

What glory is there to be found on this site? You're hilarious. You act as though this site holds anything other than a potential for communication. That's not glory, anymore than Facebook is. And we all know how obnoxious that social networking site has become.

Glory...wow. You don't know me at all. Glory is as glory does. I have done nothing glorious. If you seek to change lives for glory, then you're doing it for the wrong reason.

That's because I have learned a lot about you from your words, and your interactions with myself, and others. And, I know you well enough to know that I don't want to meet you in person.

I'm sorry to hear that. But just because I'm not your cup of tea, doesn't make me a bad person.

What you refer to as "answers", are, in truth, only deflections or insults. I'm not interested in playing that game with you, any longer. You have already wasted all the chances that I'm going to give to you.

AND YET YOU ARE STILL HERE. Why is that? You answered that question before, but I'm not sure I'm satisfied with it. You say you want to give me the honor I deserve. Did you mean you want to be here to interject snide comments and barbs every time I exchange with someone else? What honor do you intend to give me?

I don't deserve any credit for that! You're doing a mighty fine job of that, all by yourself.

Don't you think I would have posted under my friend's account in my own defense already if that were the case? The conspicuous absence of anyone defending me, particularly the account I am supposed to have faked, should tell you something. Either way, you're more than content with accusing and accusing and accusing and accusing as long as no one is around to prove you wrong.

Alert the god damned moderators and get it over with. Please. I'm tired of it. They will find nothing except circumstantial evidence that they can find on ANYONE ELSE. THE WHOLE DAMNED FORUM could be guilty by those standards. So go ahead. Call the dogs. Let's see what they find. Or you can quit beating that stupid dead horse, make your point, and find something else to do.

Unless you want me to close this thread? That ain't gonna happen.

I can only give you a star. Is that what you want?

Screw your star. I don't want anything from you. You've demonstrated your contempt more than enough.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
oOoOooOoOh mYyYyYyyy GoOoOoOd its been nearly EIGHTY PAGES christ sake

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

If you'd like to, sure. Make sure they post the results in this thread as well instead of in a PM.

Like I said though, I couldn't care less if you are lying or not, your responses within this thread have already shown volumes about your character. Some of those characteristics include: arrogance, snottiness, unsociable, narcissistic, vanity, and an inability to admit you are wrong about anything.

If you wish to prove your point then go for it, bring the mods in, but it won't change my view of you one way or the other.

Good for you. Please come again, and next time bring friends to throw rotten tomatoes and invectives.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

You're still here? I thought you had other things to do. Or maybe you wanna be here to piss on this thread's grave when it finally dies.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

You know how to operate this site just as well as I do. I'm sure you can find it. Although I must confess my confusion as to why that post would require investigation. The point was to inform you, and now you are informed it sounds as though you are looking for clues...clues to what?

Why are you always on the offensive, when asked simple questions…hmm…I wonder why…?

Why would you be confused, at me wanting to find that post, (?) and see if I can discover if there was anything else extra, that I could use, to help me piece together Mr Coopers spiritual Journey. You know; to save time asking you any further questions, on YOUR OP lol.

I did however manage to find these posts below…

1) I never said anything about suicide. Please don't put words in my mouth.

2) my friends computer is malfunctioning, he has tremors, and he has some difficulty expressing himself to strangers especially when he is nervous and on an electronic device. You will have to take my word for it.

Some of you may be pleased to know that my friend who has made this transition from Catholicism to atheism intends to post his own statement on this thread sometime today. It has taken him a while as he wasn't prepared to take such action, and has difficulty typing anything (let alone the arduous process of speech-to-text and using an on-screen keyboard due to technical difficulties) but I have convinced him to personally speak to the forum.

Don't expect him to practice anything close to the vigilance I have demonstrated regarding this thread, as again, he is having both technical and medical difficulties at this time. Nothing too severe, just enough to pose an inconvenience for a task such as this one. I hope you will treat his post with the respect and dignity befitting a member of this website, as he is a registered member but an infrequent poster.

Hard to really know what to make of these descriptions, perhaps you can elaborate, without me having to ask you, the obvious questions.

Oh, and the last part about him being an “infrequent poster” is not correct.

If you’d paid any attention in first grade, you would have learned that the word " Infrequent ", when used in ANY SENSE, means not occurring often, it does not mean, NOT occurring at all, ever!!!

And as everybody knows, Mr Cooper’s first post on ATS, occurred right after you made that above post.

But I guess that’s just another one of those statistical anomalies, on this thread, that just don’t add up.

- JC

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I'm starting to feel very worried about "converting" some one. Anthony at least had other ideas that he could fall back on even though giving up Roman Catholicism.

I'm beginning to fear that some one may just say to me, "Your religion is brilliant! Where can I sign up?"

I thought that's how it usually happens? That's where there's so many denominations. So people can pick and choose what they want to believe. It's not truth. It's choice.

Then the embarrassment that I would feel when I'm forced to explain that my religion is really lousy when compared to other people's religions, and that my religion doesn't even begin to answer the questions that people generally assume that a religion exists to answer.

....A potential consequence of what I just described above.

This potential for embarrassment is making me wonder if I should even talk about religion any more.

That's up to you.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

What does that have to do with the topic, besides attempting (rather lazily) to prove that I'm a fraud?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

reply to post by HarryTZ

You're still here? I thought you had other things to do. Or maybe you wanna be here to piss on this thread's grave when it finally dies.

My friend, it's already dead.
But there's a really long line of people so I have to wait my turn. My bladder's about to explode!

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

My friend, it's already dead.
But there's a really long line of people so I have to wait my turn. My bladder's about to explode!

Probably will be soon. The authorities are on their way. Oh well, I've apparently "proven" myself to be a plethora of dark and unholy things, including unsociable, vain, narcissistic, arrogant, angry, bitter, manipulative, evil, etc.

Guess I couldn't be anything other than an atheist, really. What god would want me after all that?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Who isn't, really. It's a shame what society does to a man.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by charles1952

Originally posted by charles1952

Dear AfterInfinity,

I'm lost. You gave me two posts in response. As you noted, the first was an link to the reply function, posted by mistake.

The second post, in it's entirety, is this:

Here are some points we can discuss, in the post I am replying to.
Sorry, Haven't a clue what you mean.

With respect,
Charles1952

Hello Charles1952,

Why someone that claims to be interested in a mature and intelligent discussion, couldn't provide a direct link to satisfy your request is beyond me, but keeping things hidden within a "smoke screen" seems to be "AfterInfinity's" default mode of operation.

Why do you have to do all of the research? My MAJOR QUESTION/QUERY---THERE SEEMS TO BE A HUGE OMISSION as to the tactics, method, and verbage involved to convert someone so quickly. That would be interesting to read. Id like to hear the ARGUEMENT for Atheism (in this instance only) and how it (if it is different) from any others. Its presented as unique, Id like to know why that is so.
edit on 27-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

You've been throwing rotten tomatoes around throughout this entire thread, and in almost any other thread you participate in.

You argue for arguments sake, you are not interested in debate, only proving how you are right and everyone else is wrong.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:10 PM
link   

You've been throwing rotten tomatoes around throughout this entire thread, and in almost any other thread you participate in.

You argue for arguments sake, you are not interested in debate, only proving how you are right and everyone else is wrong.

Just because you don't like my answers, doesn't make them worthless.

top topics

<< 71  72  73    75  76  77 >>

join