It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam
[

No, you know yourself better than me, I would say. However, it is probably safe to say I do know you.

What do you think of life now? (and dont ruin the puzzle! for some it is a great source of fun!)

If you are who I think you are, then I must say I am very pleased to see how your visions on life have blossomed. You are more outflowing and engaging than I remember, whereas I have become more reserved and rather sparse with words.

My thoughts of life now? The thoughts remain the same, though my perception of them has changed.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon
If you are who I think you are, then I must say I am very pleased to see how your visions on life have blossomed. You are more outflowing and engaging than I remember, whereas I have become more reserved and rather sparse with words.

My thoughts of life now? The thoughts remain the same, though my perception of them has changed.

I have definitely tried to just be better, and it seems that certain attributes come in line with that.

Still all about the radiant state of Love.
But, much as yourself, my perception of it has changed.

Its amazing how well we grow when we have laid down a strong foundation. Doesnt mean it cant still crumble with the right "earthquake," but it can certainly hold more weight

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam]

Its amazing how well we grow when we have laid down a strong foundation. Doesnt mean it cant still crumble with the right "earthquake," but it can certainly hold more weight

Yes, and this relates back to the thread topic of conversion. If the foundation of our worldview can no longer contain and support our perceptions and aspirations, then a moment will arise when this foundation will simply fall away.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

The same way one would refer to Harry Potter, even though he is a fictional character. Duh.

Fictional characters, and everything concerning them, are the creations of Man. Therefore, Man, is solely responsible for any blame that one might place on a "fictional character". Duh...

Your angst is misdirected!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysticnoon
Yes, and this relates back to the thread topic of conversion. If the foundation of our worldview can no longer contain and support our perceptions and aspirations, then a moment will arise when this foundation will simply fall away.

Agreed!

And at that point, why not just create a foundation that not only expects these changes, but actually supports and nurtures their growth?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

You know what I pray for? I PRAY that you and all other "my religion is the truthers" will pay attention, and WAKE UP!!

Yea, but we all know how far that'll get you

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mysticnoon

So, you really don't know who he is? WHO IS HE????

All right, never mind. It doesn't matter all that much.
Ideas are what matters!

I recommend everyone read THE PHYSICS OF CONSCIOUSNESS, by Evan Harris Walker.
For more info. It really does connect the dots.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Yeah.
I know.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

Probably as far as you can throw them.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Erm....Milt, right?

Where should his angst be directed? Please?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Asking to be honored for your positive influences on people. That's what worship is, right?

Not quite, but that's pretty close. Worship would actually be a form of compliance, in regard to that desire.

That's what most gods ask for...or else they may react with hostility

Well... I don't know about the "Gods", but that's the way YOU'VE BEEN TREATING ME:
I don't honor you, therefore: YOU despise ME.

That's okay, though... I still love you...

See ya,
Milt
edit on 23-6-2013 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
These anti-Catholic, anti-God threads are pathetic.

It is so sad, is everyone wrong? The witness of 2000 years about the truth of who God is and of Our Lord, Second person of the Blessed Trinity came down to be one of us, to save humanity.

You have millions of testimonies. All those people are nuts, they're liars? What of famous scientists who have great faith, they're liars, wrong but right on their inventions and help to humanity?

How about the testimony of people who have died and come back, there's some modern proof.

How can you go on another hour without God? Praaaaaayyy! Begin today, speak to God from your heart, you have started a daily prayer life, even 5 minutes a day. God loves you more than any human person on this earth.

+ + +

....A proud university student boarded a train in France and sat next to an older man who seemed to be a peasant of comfortable means. The brash student noticed that the older gentleman was slipping beads through his fingers. He was praying the rosary.

"Sir, do you still believe in such outdated things?" the student inquired.
"Yes, I do. Don't you?" the man responded. The student laughed and admitted, "I do not believe in such silly things. Take my advice. Throw the rosary out the window and learn what science has to say about it."

"Science? I do not understand this science. Perhaps you can explain it to me," the man said humbly, tears welling in his eyes.

The university student noticed that the man was deeply moved. To avoid hurting the older person's feelings, he said, "Please give me your address and I will send you some literature to explain the matter to you."

The man fumbled in the inside pocket of his coat and pulled out his business card. On reading the card, the student lowered his head in shame and was speechless. The card read: "Louis Pasteur, Director of the Institute of Scientific Research, Paris." The student had encountered his country's leading chemist and the man who would give the world the scientific process that would bear his name--pasturization.

www.pattimaguirearmstrong.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well... I don't know about the "Gods", but that's the way YOU'VE BEEN TREATING ME:
I don't honor you, therefore: YOU despise ME.

You have irritated me, but I have never despised you.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Fictional characters, and everything concerning them, are the creations of Man. Therefore, Man, is solely responsible for any blame that one might place on a "fictional character". Duh...

In a sense, this has been my point all along. Thanks for agreeing.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

No wonder people are turning away from Religion.....
Go on tell us again where only Catholics goto heaven and the rest go to Hell..

Praaaaayyyyy you sound like a Zombie Christian.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe
These anti-Catholic, anti-God threads are pathetic.

It is so sad, is everyone wrong? The witness of 2000 years about the truth of who God is and of Our Lord, Second person of the Blessed Trinity came down to be one of us, to save humanity.

You have millions of testimonies. All those people are nuts, they're liars? What of famous scientists who have great faith, they're liars, wrong but right on their inventions and help to humanity?

How about the testimony of people who have died and come back, there's some modern proof.

How can you go on another hour without God? Praaaaaayyy! Begin today, speak to God from your heart, you have started a daily prayer life, even 5 minutes a day. God loves you more than any human person on this earth.

+ + +

....A proud university student boarded a train in France and sat next to an older man who seemed to be a peasant of comfortable means. The brash student noticed that the older gentleman was slipping beads through his fingers. He was praying the rosary.

"Sir, do you still believe in such outdated things?" the student inquired.
"Yes, I do. Don't you?" the man responded. The student laughed and admitted, "I do not believe in such silly things. Take my advice. Throw the rosary out the window and learn what science has to say about it."

"Science? I do not understand this science. Perhaps you can explain it to me," the man said humbly, tears welling in his eyes.

The university student noticed that the man was deeply moved. To avoid hurting the older person's feelings, he said, "Please give me your address and I will send you some literature to explain the matter to you."

The man fumbled in the inside pocket of his coat and pulled out his business card. On reading the card, the student lowered his head in shame and was speechless. The card read: "Louis Pasteur, Director of the Institute of Scientific Research, Paris." The student had encountered his country's leading chemist and the man who would give the world the scientific process that would bear his name--pasturization.

www.pattimaguirearmstrong.com...

Don't be mean to each other, comment instead on a very smart man believing in the faith? What say you?

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

You should be much more concerned with your own "education". You've got a bad habit of "putting cart before the horse". You tend to let your conclusions "lead" you to the evidence. That's backwards! One should ALWAYS allow, and not force, the evidence to lead to one's conclusions.

Oh! And, please, accept my apologies: I'll leave when I'm damn good and ready!

You seem to think I was inviting you to leave. I wasn't. I wouldn't dream of asking you to do anything. It would be pointless.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by colbe

No wonder people are turning away from Religion.....
Go on tell us again where only Catholics goto heaven and the rest go to Hell..

Praaaaayyyyy you sound like a Zombie Christian.

Too chicken to put in quote my exact words and the beautiful story about Louis Pasteur? Prayer is how you
find God. It is important to pray bm.

You personally attack me and mock the faith. You are not a good salesman for atheism and the abominable "act."

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
So, you really don't know who he is? WHO IS HE????

Its a puzzle! But, if you like numbers, it is one that you might find very interesting!

Ideas are what matters!

Exactly, and the core ideas have not changed, but the approach has. Another big difference is that I have actual working solutions now, where as before, it was more prep work to lay the ground for it all.

It seems off topic, these solutions, but they really are not. Reducing the stranglehold of almost every ideology is so pertinent to truly being the change we wish to see in the world. Converting a person from one to another may be a good first step, but it is the beginning of a much larger journey. One that we all walk together, except so many religions, and even atheism, consistently produce nothing but division.

I may make a thread about it, but honestly, it seems to be much more effective to pipe into already existing threads that are trying to tackle the same issues.

Basically, it seems like all of these ideologies are trying to reduce the amount of diversity in the Universe. I think the better approach is to embrace them, and learn how to make them all work together so we can all get a better idea of the "bigger" picture. At least, as far as we can with such limited perceptions.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Now that I am on an actual computer, I will kindly answer your questions:

Would you, kindly, explain why/how a God,THAT DOESN'T EXIST, could/would, possibly want something, or EVEN BE "in a position to procure it in any way that amuses them"?

Oh, I'm taking my cues from a work of relative fiction known as the Bible. Again, just as one would refer to Harry Potter, so I refer to "God"...but not with nearly so much reverence and respect. I rather wish the god of the Bible were based on Harry Potter's character profile. I see more humility and compassion in Harry than I ever saw in Yahuwah.

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join