It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 58
<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by akushla99

I'm just uncertain as to how inherently any particle has to reflect the larger hologram, and to what degree...

The stem cell will reproduce the liver if the question is asked of it to PRODUCE IT in totality. What are you missing here.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I'm asking you, not Blake. Are you going to explain this hologrammatica to me? Google didn't have anything very informative to said about it.

You are in too deep if you have no cause to know William Blake as one of the greatest written/recorded and VISUAL Artists (as happenstance as that can be) a spirtualist ever born within the modern age. He painted and wrote about his conversations with God, that is his legacy, and they are troubling and beautiful.
edit on 22-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by colbe

reply to post by colbe

I am niether requiring 'you' nor anybody else to understand...as I have also not asked to be instructed...your efforts to preach would be better directed at 'saving' yourself.

God bless you

Å99

This is a discussion forum, you do not want to explain simply? What is the reason for your replies? There is a subject and everyone shares on the subject. You have too. That overused word "preach." So sad, in these times it is meant as a negative word. If you mean, share the faith as Our Lord instructs, I do that, I should, look at the thread title.

God bless you too,

Reason for replies is fine tuning, Colbe...'explanation' as you call it, is met with preaching - this is not discussion...

Å99

Wait a second, "Reason for replies is fine tuning", you just got done saying "I am niether requiring 'you' nor anybody else to understand." Others, me too were asking for a simpler explanation.

Talking out of two sides of your mouth.

'Simpler explanations'

Without posting great slabs of text, information gleaned over 50 years of investigation/recounting emminently personal experiences...the 'simpler explanations' will have to be followed up by whoever has the ken...but I'm not interested in preaching, to or from...I will however discuss...and what I have consistently posted may seem to some ambiguity...this IS the nature that we are confronted with...I do understand what everybody else is saying...some are stuck at an evident Babelite level...and want to confuse, where there is no confusion for me.

Å99

I haven't posted "great slabs of texts."

I shared a message from the Blessed Mother to Pedro Regis. It is current and shows the error of atheism and another, Our Lady shares what is coming. It amounted to a paragraph.

You are sharing the beliefs of William Blake and other nonreligionists so don't say you're not preaching. They're just so much more difficult to understand, especially your first post today. Good grief. You are speaking simply now. Thanks!

One thing, your last comment, "comparative advantage" is at a teenager's level of happiness. Don't
tell others you are wiser or better.

God bless you,

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I'm just uncertain as to how inherently any particle has to reflect the larger hologram, and to what degree...

'Inherently', the 'particle' IS the whole, as it contains everything the whole contains...ergo, worship of self, is worship of whole...unrecognition of this, is separation from whole - requiring (by dent of admission of separation) the means to reunite with whole, as expressed by 'saviour-mechanisms', the adherents who will tell you of thier reunification with 'whole' (albeit in a self-congratulatory and bifurcatory saved, and unsaved fashion)...it is recognition, at the least, a good step...but like all steps up a ladder, only one...that leads to steps that understand the step before it (intuitively, if nothing else)...to write poetry, you must first learn the alphabet.

Å99

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

You said 'hologrammatica', not 'hologram'. Yes I know what a hologram is. How is this relevant to what we were discussing?

The part is to the whole, as the whole is to the part...

Å99

That doesn't make sense. The pixel is to the image as the image is to the pixel? They have a very particular relationship. It's not nearly so ubiquitous.
edit on 22-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

I'm sorry it doesn't make sense to you...I was referring to the concept, not the minutae of the mechanics of holograms to explain holograms and how they relate...

Universe, in a grain of sand...Å99

It does exist in a grain of sand, its the perspective you take in thinking it into being, It can And IT Will. Here is an analogy, I was watching Men In Black, Orion (the cat) was wearing (attached) to its collar the Galaxy that was to be absconded with (taken over). The camera pans in and within this Marble on the collar, is a perfect Galaxy in Micro dimension. I Burst into Tears in understanding the Macro and Micro exist simoultaneously, same expression just of different sizes. Leave it to Hollywood to micro manage the information, diseminate it at its leisure and laugh at us for believeing a small part of it may be true.
edit on 22-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   

So you would define God as an emergent fractal system of which we are all components.

Are you sure the rest of what you described isn't a psychological trick? Self hypnosis and psychosis is very real, and of course anyone under such influence isn't likely to admit it or believe it.

unrecognition of this, is separation from whole - requiring (by dent of admission of separation) the means to reunite with whole, as expressed by 'saviour-mechanisms', the adherents who will tell you of thier reunification with 'whole' (albeit in a self-congratulatory and bifurcatory saved, and unsaved fashion)...it is recognition, at the least, a good step...but like all steps up a ladder, only one...that leads to steps that understand the step before it (intuitively, if nothing else)...to write poetry, you must first learn the alphabet.

All of the above is readily available via psychosis or self hypnosis. If you want to believe it badly enough, you will...regardless of whether or not it's actually true.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   

So you would define God as an emergent fractal system of which we are all components.

'Emergent', for me conjures - not in existence, but coming into existence...I wouldn't subscribe to this (strictly speaking)...'components'...Is the flame from a match, a different flame from the candle flame that it lights?

Å99

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Are you sure the rest of what you described isn't a psychological trick? Self hypnosis and psychosis is very real, and of course anyone under such influence isn't likely to admit it or believe it.

unrecognition of this, is separation from whole - requiring (by dent of admission of separation) the means to reunite with whole, as expressed by 'saviour-mechanisms', the adherents who will tell you of thier reunification with 'whole' (albeit in a self-congratulatory and bifurcatory saved, and unsaved fashion)...it is recognition, at the least, a good step...but like all steps up a ladder, only one...that leads to steps that understand the step before it (intuitively, if nothing else)...to write poetry, you must first learn the alphabet.

All of the above is readily available via psychosis or self hypnosis. If you want to believe it badly enough, you will...regardless of whether or not it's actually true.

Correct!

...but the psychosis has naught to do with anyone elses experience...

Å99

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

" We both know that you don't have a belief in God, so I reckon that's just another one of your "snide comments". Well done!"

it's still true and you know it.

Nope! I don't KNOW if "it's still true", or not.

Hell! I'm not even sure of what you're "talking" about.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

'Emergent', for me conjures - not in existence, but coming into existence...I wouldn't subscribe to this (strictly speaking)...'components'...Is the flame from a match, a different flame from the candle flame that it lights?

Here is the article explaining 'emergence':

en.m.wikipedia.org...

take that explanation and apply it in the same manner I used the word.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

Asking to be honored for your positive influences on people. That's what worship is, right? That's what most gods ask for...or else they may react with hostility.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Correct!

...but the psychosis has naught to do with anyone elses experience...

...As far as you know. Would you even be willing to investigate the possibility? No one wants to investigate or even consider it. The faith is there, they say. The magical ingredient. Let's not mess with it or we'll lose one. We need numbers, and questions cost us followers.

That's one thing I'm seeing here.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I thought that's what the Bible was?

You thought the Bible was what? The Word of God? Why?

I've always felt that the Bible was too heavily influenced by the "hand of man", to be an accurate representation of "Word of God".

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

It does exist in a grain of sand, its the perspective you take in thinking it into being, It can And IT Will. Here is an analogy, I was watching Men In Black, Orion (the cat) was wearing (attached) to its collar the Galaxy that was to be absconded with (taken over). The camera pans in and within this Marble on the collar, is a perfect Galaxy in Micro dimension. I Burst into Tears in understanding the Macro and Micro exist simoultaneously, same expression just of different sizes. Leave it to Hollywood to micro manage the information, diseminate it at its leisure and laugh at us for believeing a small part of it may be true.

Fractals!

Fractals are typically self-similar patterns, where self-similar means they are "the same from near as from far". Fractals may be exactly the same at every scale, or, as illustrated in Figure 1, they may be nearly the same at different scales. The definition of fractal goes beyond self-similarity per se to exclude trivial self-similarity and include the idea of a detailed pattern repeating itself.
en.wikipedia.org...

As above, so below.

"Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"'?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

If you check the posts that my responses are linked to you will see exactly what I am responding to. And enough people believe otherwise to make a difference.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Chaos Theory. Any part or particle can reproduce itself in exactamundum; for example take any portion of the coastline of England, zero in upon it; from satelite view to microscopic is the same view. That is fractal repetition at its best (there is are no measurements different, only smaller and exactly the same as far as geometry/matter/form expresses itself). Its quite beautiful; and we are only talking of RANDOM land mass formation, not anything with your ideal form of 'consciousness" whatever that entails (from an Atheist point of view I guess probably wouldnt believe in these ideas either).
edit on 23-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Fractals!

Fractals are typically self-similar patterns, where self-similar means they are "the same from near as from far". Fractals may be exactly the same at every scale, or, as illustrated in Figure 1, they may be nearly the same at different scales. The definition of fractal goes beyond self-similarity per se to exclude trivial self-similarity and include the idea of a detailed pattern repeating itself.
en.wikipedia.org...

As above, so below.

"Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"'?

The Law of Thelema,"Do what thy wilt shall be the whole of the law" .
"Love is the Law love under will".
"There is no Law beyond Do what Thy Wilt".

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

The picture reminds me of the Benoit Mandelbrot BEETLE form. How can you not love that re-occurance within the mathmatical equation of a kind of repetition, an algorithim repeating itself, and its just an equation to dreamscape how nature might (does) replicate itself as fractal geometry a blueprint to understanding the cosmos.The Julia sets are just as outstanding as well.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

I'm sorry I wasn't able to answer your questions to your satisfaction.

I don't believe that, anymore than you believe in God. I don't feel that you, even, tried.

I only hope that you walk away from this thread having learned something constructive and inspiring.

You should be much more concerned with your own "education". You've got a bad habit of "putting cart before the horse". You tend to let your conclusions "lead" you to the evidence. That's backwards! One should ALWAYS allow, and not force, the evidence to lead to one's conclusions.

Oh! And, please, accept my apologies: I'll leave when I'm damn good and ready!

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused

I thought that's what the Bible was?

You thought the Bible was what? The Word of God? Why?

I've always felt that the Bible was too heavily influenced by the "hand of man", to be an accurate representation of "Word of God".

Hand of man with a quill/sharp stick some ink and five fingers wrote the Bible exacting the words of God out of Thin Air Imagined as such. Accuracy to content unless scriyed, or shown 'crystal ball/magic 8" is up to the willing, obedient attentive believer, Ears wide open parrishener". Someone too young is peddling a bicycle too fast down a 90 degree angled hill not knowing if there is a bottom.

top topics

<< 55  56  57    59  60  61 >>

join