It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by colbe

Originally posted by akushla99

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by akushla99

I'm sorry could you explain that again? I'm a little lost on this personality module thing...

When you were small...rudimentary personality function existed...(it is a layer of individualisation that clothes you, in this loci)...it can be added to, or subtracted from - regardless, the framework exists...

Individuals 'requiring' the external control features (i.e. imposed rules) assume, everyone needs them...not understanding that, once having recognised the function they perform, and why...debates about externally imposed rules become moot...but before this stage, is the need for control...worship is not 'required', only recognition...

Å99

Ah, could you explain what you just said so that people could understand? If I am understanding, there is a big hole in your belief. Again, NO ONE controls you, belief in God, in the faith, in His Church is not mandatory. You are contradicting too. You are following the "rules" of atheism/agnostics.

God's commandments which are a help to live a happy and holy life, In them, He has revealed, I am your God.

By your free will, you say no A99. One chooses to keep God's commandments.

...and you are speaking for all people who do not understand?

God bless you Colbe

Å99

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The news in general mainly covers bad news and scandal more than it does the good news, or the truth.

Why do they do this?

it sells.

Why does it sell?

Because it excites the scornful and sensual part of man which has become less dull than the spiritual sense.

The fact that you feed off of the fire of their scandal means that you follow mammon.

So we should just ignore all the bad things that are said in favor of all the good things that make us forget how the world really is? Sorry, but that's not a very convincing argument.

The truth of the story doesn't hinge on whether it sells or not, and neither does my perception of that truth. The fact still remains that those priests sexually abused young boys. If you choose to ignore it and justify your ignorance on it somehow dealing with mammon, then go for it, but that doesn't take the act away.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   

And what's my "divine heritage"?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Wait, I thought Jesus brought an end to the law?

Romans 10
4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Are you throwing that "fact" out the window with all the other facts you disagree with?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

That you are at once, the smallest, and the largest part of a created/creating drama...the recognition of which, is a pertinent step...worship of yourself is worship of all 'selves' that make up the whole, of which you are a part...but the worship is a redundant step, after recognition...

Å99

link   
It seems we have three threads going on.

1) The conversion of a Catholic to Atheism.
2) The child abuse scandal.
3) The attack on Christianity in general and Catholicism in particular.

I'm not surprised there is overlap and confusion here. Forgive me if I'm too brief, but I'd like to offer quick opinions on these threads.

1) There was no conversion of a Catholic to Atheism. The individual didn't know the basics of the religion and was just as intrigued with Wicca. A religious dabbler, with no firm belief, decided to chuck it all and admit he didn't believe. I'm not impressed.

2) The vast majority of sex abuse claims were against parish priests who had access to both sexes. I'm not saying that all homosexuals are child molesters, but these priests chose boys 4 to 1 over girls. Further, only 1 in 7 acts were first commited against children age 9 and younger. Over half of the acts were commited against children 12-15.

When does puberty begin?

Boys are entering puberty at an average age of 10 among whites and Hispanics, and at an average age of 9 among African-Americans. About a third of boys start to mature sexually up to two years earlier than average.
children.webmd.com...

The only conclusion I can see is that these particular priests were targeting same sex children who were entering, or had completed puberty. Therfore, we're not dealing with pedophilia.

3.) Ok, another attack on Christianity. Ho-hum. Wait a minute, is this one based on some solid theological differences which are open to debate? What, the Communion is cannibalism stuff again? Fine, wake me when there's a discussion.
edit on 22-6-2013 by charles1952 because: spelling

link   

Look man, you can only see what your eyes land on. I have not seen scandal in my church, only on TV and in news papers.

I see heroes of the Catholic faith, inspiring, leading, forgiving, admonishing, and doing God's work. Are there some who do not do their priestly duties? Yes, of course, and they will be judged more severely by the eternal Judge.

But you refuse to acknowledge that there are true shepherds to mock and maim the Faith who's mystical Head is God Himself. A true priest is of God, and a false priest also must answer to the same God.

Does an employer not hold both Good workers and bad? In the mixture of police officer are there not those who are good among those who are crooked?

Each will answer to God, the True God of all, Creator of men, including you. It is just sad that you do not want to taste paradise while on earth(Eucharist).
edit on 073030p://666 by backcase because: (no reason given)

Not having seen it in your circle of influence does not discount it, to the level of dismissal...and appeals to the god of mammon...

They will judge themselves, ultimately...when they are standing in the centre of themselves, where dismissal and excuse and diversion will not be available...

Save the sadness for yourself, you will need it...

Å99

"Mammon" mixing in a Christian word from divine revelation you reject with your opinion. Instead, be original, people might fall for it.

We judge ourselves? No way. "Standing in the center of themselves" could be a cute music lyric but absolutely shows now sense or logic and has never been revealed.

You, me, all souls face their particular judgment at death and when Our Lord comes again at the Final Judgment.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Are you saying that self worship is synonymous with god worship? That we are all "god molecules"?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

What has been revealed other than what you yourself have revealed to yourself? Are you not the one who makes your own decisions, the one who takes in knowledge and decides what knowledge to keep and what knowledge to throw away?

Have you ever been apart from yourself? To deny yourself is to deny existence. Stop denying yourself because you are only judging yourself.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Look man, you can only see what your eyes land on. I have not seen scandal in my church, only on TV and in news papers.

I see heroes of the Catholic faith, inspiring, leading, forgiving, admonishing, and doing God's work. Are there some who do not do their priestly duties? Yes, of course, and they will be judged more severely by the eternal Judge.

But you refuse to acknowledge that there are true shepherds to mock and maim the Faith who's mystical Head is God Himself. A true priest is of God, and a false priest also must answer to the same God.

Does an employer not hold both Good workers and bad? In the mixture of police officer are there not those who are good among those who are crooked?

Each will answer to God, the True God of all, Creator of men, including you. It is just sad that you do not want to taste paradise while on earth(Eucharist).
edit on 073030p://666 by backcase because: (no reason given)

Not having seen it in your circle of influence does not discount it, to the level of dismissal...and appeals to the god of mammon...

They will judge themselves, ultimately...when they are standing in the centre of themselves, where dismissal and excuse and diversion will not be available...

Save the sadness for yourself, you will need it...

Å99

"Mammon" mixing in a Christian word from divine revelation you reject with your opinion. Instead, be original, people might fall for it.

We judge ourselves? No way. "Standing in the center of themselves" could be a cute music lyric but absolutely shows now sense or logic and has never been revealed.

You, me, all souls face their particular judgment at death and when Our Lord comes again at the Final Judgment.

Then that is your 'deal' Colbe...and it is the way it should be according to FREE WILL...

God bless you

Å99

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Are you saying that self worship is synonymous with god worship? That we are all "god molecules"?

We are the 'molecule' and the totality of our agglomoration - at once...

Å99

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Would you mind explaining that in greater detail?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Would you mind explaining that in greater detail?

Understand the concept of hologrammatica?

Å99

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

What sort of answer are you looking for?

I don’t look for any sort of answer… I only look for the truth!

What do you want me to say to you?

That’s really up too you…unless you want me to do the voice projection thing lol

I’ve already asked you a few questions. And I’ve asked Mr Cooper, 2 questions, and so far, Zero, Zip, Nada, Neeshco response…

You clearly aren't satisfied with what I've given you so far, so why are you still here?

“satisfied” lol

“given me so far!” lol

The only thing you’ve given so far, is “vagueness”…

Here’s something else, which doesn’t quite add up…

I asked you this question below in my other post…

Originally posted by Joecroft
Also, I just wanted to ask you how long you have known your friend, (Mr Cooper) and how long had he been a practicing Catholic etc…?

Your Reply

Years. To both questions. He was an altar boy for years, and he studied and actively engaged in Biblical observation for years afterwards. He did indulge in Druidic and general wiccan practices as well, educating himself in both ends of the field.

The word “years” is pretty vague, but usually when people say the word “years”, it tends to denote a time period, of longer than 5 years, at least, tops!

But according to Mr Cooper…

Originally posted by anthonycooper
We have known each other a couple years, and you see this guy really put things in perspective.

…He’s only known you “a couple of years”…

I’ve only known you for a couple of posts, and you do NOT put things into perspective lol

Perhaps there’s a simple and straightforward explanation, to all this…

Can’t wait to hear it…

- JC

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

I'm sorry could you explain that again? I'm a little lost on this personality module thing...

When you were small...rudimentary personality function existed...(it is a layer of individualisation that clothes you, in this loci)...it can be added to, or subtracted from - regardless, the framework exists...

Individuals 'requiring' the external control features (i.e. imposed rules) assume, everyone needs them...not understanding that, once having recognised the function they perform, and why...debates about externally imposed rules become moot...but before this stage, is the need for control...worship is not 'required', only recognition...

Å99

Ah, could you explain what you just said so that people could understand? If I am understanding, there is a big hole in your belief. Again, NO ONE controls you, belief in God, in the faith, in His Church is not mandatory. You are contradicting too. You are following the "rules" of atheism/agnostics.

God's commandments which are a help to live a happy and holy life, In them, He has revealed, I am your God.

By your free will, you say no A99. One chooses to keep God's commandments.

...and you are speaking for all people who do not understand?

God bless you Colbe

Å99

I am trying to help you understand. Ask Catholics. Read, you are interested. Read about the faith from Catholics. Read a Catholic Bible especially for the footnotes www.drbo.org... Read the lives of the saints. A little more difficult but not for you, read the Catechism. Type in Charles Borromeo and the word catholic catechism, the Catechism is on the Net. Any questions about the faith type in Catholic apologetics first and then your subject. Prophecy, read the daily messages from Heaven. www.catholicbinder.com...

Go find a Catholic Church, ask at the parish office if it is closed, to open it. Tell them you wish to pray before
the Tabernacle. Our Lord is there in the Tabernacle, He will send you grace, you will feel His presence. Check
Mass times, the Church is open before and directly after Mass, slip in then, to pray. You don't even have to
pray, just sit there, better to kneel, you can still sit in the pew.

Pedro Regis' messages are going to come true and already have. Satan does not care about religions (man-made Christian and non-Christian). He is out to destroy the faith, Roman Catholicism.

Jesus wants you to become Roman Catholic. Watch the prophesied, the greater persecution of the faith, it is going to get so bad. There's more proof for you.

colbe

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

That you are at once, the smallest, and the largest part of a created/creating drama...the recognition of which, is a pertinent step...worship of yourself is worship of all 'selves' that make up the whole, of which you are a part...but the worship is a redundant step, after recognition...Å99

Not sure the science of smallest to largest has been proven to AfterInfinity's satisfaction.
Not sure the recognition part has been understood, maybe the advertisements are not compelling enough.
Im fairly sure the ideaform of self worship is completely understood.
edit on 22-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

No. Please explain this hologrammatica as fully as you can for discussion purposes.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Joecroft

I will answer you tomorrow. Sorry I'm on my phone and limited in response depth.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Ephebophilia is the primary or exclusive adult sexual interest in mid-to-late adolescents, generally ages 15 to 19. The term was originally used in the late 19th to mid 20th century. It is one of a number of sexual preferences across age groups subsumed under the technical term "chronophilia".

Ephebophilia strictly denotes the preference for mid-to-late adolescent sexual partners, not the mere presence of some level of sexual attraction. In sexual ethics, it may be defined as a sexual preference for girls generally 14–16 years old, and boys generally 14–19 years old. Some authors define ephebophilia as a sexual preference for pubescent and adolescent boys.

In research environments, specific terms are used for chronophilias: for instance, ephebophilia to refer to the sexual preference for mid-to-late adolescents, hebephilia to refer to the sexual preference for earlier pubescent individuals, and pedophilia to refer to the sexual preference for prepubescent children. However, the term pedophilia is commonly used to refer to any sexual interest in minors below the legal age of consent, regardless of their level of physical, mental, or psychological development.
en.wikipedia.org...

So, we are talking about hebephilia, ephebophilia and pedophilia. Anyway you slice it, it's child abuse.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I am niether requiring 'you' nor anybody else to understand...as I have also not asked to be instructed...your efforts to preach would be better directed at 'saving' yourself.

God bless you

Å99

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join