It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

1) So you have no condition that would allow anything "Faith Based", as in you think you will wake up tomorrow morning.
2) What parameters have ever been given, its faith based. I thought you were more of 'The Secret" Laws of Attraction variety.
3) How would you know what Deities encourage if you are an Atheist and do not recognise them in the first place. You believe yourself to be spurned and so take this position out of angst, betrayal and self hatred.
4) The WORSHIP of GODS is not necessary. Science is what it is, trying to place the human in this Universe without Dogmatic influence of UNDUE faith. Material Science. Understanding the elements of matter, it cannot explain the animation of it.

1) I don't care if I wake up tomorrow morning.

2) I believe that the four base forces of the universe play a far bigger role in our biology and our interactivity than we realize. And the ideas we have invented for expressing such relationships are actually a lot more relevant than we realize as well.

3) I read books. I take history classes. I do study materials with clinical fascination. Just because I don't believe in an idea doesn't mean I ignore its cultural influence. You keep acting like this means something. All it means is that I'm not a friggin' moron.

4)

The WORSHIP of GODS is not necessary.

Lies. Absolute lies. The Bible itself states that if you are not for "God", you are against him and therefore automatically condemned. There is no middle ground. The narrow path and all that.

Understanding the elements of matter, it cannot explain the animation of it

The realm of physics explains this quite well, actually. At least...to a point. But what do you expect from a species that's only 500,000 years old and just spent the last 2,000 years recovering from religion-imposed ignorance?

but you havent responded to my answer to your first 'stab' at justifying your position.

What answer was that?

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

You are also a part of the universe. When you stub your toe, the universe responds by sending signals to your brain, which you react to with various other systems. All are part of the Universe. If you werent, then stubbing your toe wouldnt hurt in the first place.

So the idea that the entire universe is based on a set of original designs that are compounded from subatomics all the way up to celestial interactions...this is the idea by which you determine your idea of a god?

No, it isnt. Its exactly the word I wish to choose, and I am talking about the exact same thing just from a different culture. You arent only trying to understand, you are trying to convert. We are going to come at this from different perspectives, period. In your perspective, you might choose a different word according to your bias, but I have my own understanding of God (something which many religions and ideologies have attempted to discourage throughout the centures).

No. I'm not trying to convert. I have no reason to attempt to convert you. I an really, truly, sincerely trying to understand how you reached your conclusions. It's been my opinion that science defies the idea of a god, but in your opinion, it embraces it. I want to understand how.
edit on 22-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Why do you NOT believe in a deity.

4) Deities often represent something we wish we could be. They represent perfection, capability, invulnerability, beauty, everything that we would imagine to be plentiful and intrinsic in a utopian world with utopian species. a significant portion of our fascination with, and adoration for, deities stems from our insecurities as a result of being weak, finite, ignorant creatures. We're not satisfied with what we are, so we worship what we want to be in the hopes that if we wish for it hard and long enough, we will eventually be it. And even if that never happens, we'll never be foolish enough to be satisfied with what we are now.

Toward that end, I advocate the appreciation and recognition of what we are. Just because we're imperfect doesn't make us worthless. Just because we're weak in some ways doesn't mean we're not vastly powerful in others. Belief and worship of deities discourages us from such a stance because we are forever in the shadow of that which we admire. That which is arrogant, oppressive, discriminatory, and conditionally compassionate. That which is all about entitlement and the desire to rule. Why can we not admire ourselves instead? Perhaps if we began to value the lessons taught by our imperfection and ignorance, and appreciate such attributes because of that, we might learn more from ourselves. Then we would be able to progress as a species and as a world.

4) Gods are not necessary anymore, if they ever were. We have science now.

You continue to say the WORD that is the KEY, WORSHIP. No one should worship anything as it puts you at such a disadvantage, you do become fodder and subjects of manipulation. Humans are responsible for defining God to THEMSELVES. As far as I know, God has not written/published a single syllable to explain itself or its intent regarding us or even tryed to defend its OWN BEINGNESS. Dieties only have influence IF YOU BELIEVE THEM/Worship them. Mankind is the one that holds the bullhorn for God, and for some reason is allowed to express itself even if to manipulate others. Fakery evangelists, bogus Churches, the only fault of God is ALLOWING IT, so better to understand itself.

4) So, do you not think if Dieties are seeking Perfection, they would use/include us in the achievement of it? We are 3rd dimensional they are not, they can think it and so it becomes. Matter is heavy, its entropic, its not "just think it and so becomes". We are the playground for them as we are THEM, in the physical. I dont disagree with anything youve said.

edit on 22-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

So your idea of a god is nothing like the traditional or modern definition?

Not even remotely, like all of our (humans) understanding, I think these things grow and change over time.

In my view, I was using an "outdated" set of parameters by which to define God, which will inevitably lead to dismissal.
edit on 22-6-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Not even remotely, like all of our (humans) understanding, I think these things grow and change over time.

I'd like to get your understanding nailed down in my own mind because it sounds like a very interesting picture. Please have patience as we appear to be having communication difficulties, but I consider the struggle worthwhile.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

1) I don't care if I wake up tomorrow morning.
2) I believe that the four base forces of the universe play a far bigger role in our biology and our interactivity than we realize. And the ideas we have invented for expressing such relationships are actually a lot more relevant than we realize as well.
3) I read books. I take history classes. I do study materials with clinical fascination. Just because I don't believe in an idea doesn't mean I ignore its cultural influence. You keep acting like this means something. All it means is that I'm not a friggin' moron.
4)

The WORSHIP of GODS is not necessary.

Lies. Absolute lies. The Bible itself states that if you are not for "God", you are against him and therefore automatically condemned. There is no middle ground. The narrow path and all that.

Understanding the elements of matter, it cannot explain the animation of it

The realm of physics explains this quite well, actually. At least...to a point. But what do you expect from a species that's only 500,000 years old and just spent the last 2,000 years recovering from religion-imposed ignorance?

The BIBLE? I dont read the bible, I use it as an ORACLE. God did not write the Bible, Man did. No, Material Science and even Theoretical Physics cannot explain "conciousness", or the animation of matter it resides within.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
OH THE EDITMANITY!!!

So the idea that the entire universe is based on a set of original designs that are compounded from subatomics all the way up to celestial interactions...this is the idea by which you determine your idea of a god?

Physics and science are how I determine the structure the system of God, at least with the data available in the physical Universe, and how it came to be what it is now. In other cultures and ideologies, the exploration of the Universe is done in different ways.

No. I'm not trying to convert. I have no reason to attempt to convert you. I an really, truly, sincerely trying to understand how you reached your conclusions. It's been my opinion that science defies the idea of a god, but in your opinion, it embraces it. I want to understand how.

It only doesnt embrace it because the preached division from the major churches came back and bit them in their ass, lol. They claimed they were the only way to God, when everyone "here" has access to it. The problem was, people believed it so much that even those against the church ended up believing their was no God outside of those walls.

Over time, the two cultures of science and religion became adversaries, because of a vastly different approach in understanding the Universe, and a rivalry was born.
edit on 22-6-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14

Satan (as you seem to believe exists) is of Gods creation and is allowed to exist; unless you have a thought that Satan is greater and created God instead JUST FOR US HUMANS (in humor and JEST) to argue about and keep us busy, rather Machiavellian do you not think?

There is war between good and evil on Earth,the same battle is in the other world between Heaven and Hell,only there things are different as the weapons are different.

At least on earth, there exists an arsenal of wit, wisdom material bodies to be sacrifced (willing in the attempt to right wrongs), always justification, results are loss of life (inconsequencial to/as purpose is greater). Forcibly dragging cultures nations into the modernage by destroying/leveling them and rebuilding them to suit a more democratic vision of Earths constituants. Do not know what is happening in the 4-9 D, what their rules of engagement are.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Ah... Hell...,

I love you guys, too! Even, though... I'm still a nasty "Old Troll"...

LOVE,
Milt

PS:
I think I'll put a flag on this thread...
edit on 22-6-2013 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Blah, blah, you disbelievers...(humor). God has revealed who He is and you simply deny. BUT, you can use your free will to CHANGE. When a human person discovers something new and wonderful they were not aware of, some mature, actually, are moved by God's grace and decided to accept they're new discovery.

This prophecy is relevant to the thread. Catholicism is the true faith. The pinnacle of Catholicism is belief in the Holy Eucharist. Non-Catholics even, absolutely accept Pedro Regis is a true prophet. He has had many prophecies come true.

This message by itself should have it's own thread. Think about the underlined and REMEMBER it, if you could somehow believe it now. Pray, ask God. Prophecy and Scripture and saints of old have been told, God is going to show everyone personally Catholicism is the faith and Heaven says "soon", then comes the anti-Christ and his lies. Worth repeating to go with...I ask you, why would the anti-Christ attempt to abolish (abomination of desolation prophesied in Daniel) the most Holy Eucharist if it ISN'T true?

I love you all,

+ + +

3.826 – Message of Our Lady, delivered on May 30, 2013 transmitted in 30/05/2013

Dear children, seek strength in the Eucharist. My Jesus comes to you in the Eucharist with His Glorious Body to feed you and to make you great in the faith. He is present with His Body, Blood, Soul and Divinity. If you knew the spiritual greatness that emanates from the Eucharist, you would weep with joy. Approach Jesus silently. Receive Him, listen to Him. He wants to speak to you. He wants to show you all His Love and Mercy. Your victory lies in the Eucharist. In the great and sorrowful tribulation, only those who seek Jesus in the Eucharist will find strength to remain firm in the faith. Many will deny the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist. Be alert. Believe: He is present. This is the message which I bring you today in the name of the Most Holy Trinity. Thank you for permitting me to gather you here once again. ...

www.pedroregis.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
4) The worship of gods is not necessary

Recognition is all that is necessary. 'Alliegance' follows from recognition, as it installs the parameter in the personality module.
Personality modules requiring (because it is what is needed to cement the function within the module) the worship of gods, have installed a redundant step, that they 'need' to hold the function in place...this speaks more of undeveloped personality module...empty pots make the most sound...this evinces itself in those that have undeveloped personality modules...also requiring hard and fast rules that do not account for the interaction of developed and undeveloped modules, and the propensity to paperfold rules that apply to themselves because an undeveloped module 'needs' to be controlled, if not as recognition of its own undeveloped state...at the least, being aware/conscious of thier limitations to function at an optimal level...

Å99
edit on 22-6-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-6-2013 by akushla99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Do you believe those homosexual priests (that god chose) are still holy after doing what they did?
edit on 22-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by colbe

Do you believe those homosexual priests (that god chose) are still holy after doing what they did?

3NLIGHT,

Your tactic isn't going to work. The most Holy Eucharist is true, you do not want to talk about the Eucharist so you bring up the priest scandal. The world is full of sin and scandal. The evil one attacks Our Lord's priests the most for a reason.

Our Lord set it up, this is His greatest grace, actually receiving God inside you and it takes place through the power of the Priesthood. God always wishing to include His creation.

Please everyone, believe the message. Pedro has had so many prophecies come true. Do not continue to believe the "lie" of some men's rejection the Real Presence. How beautiful, God, Our Lord Jesus Christ desires to come to you in this humble way. Here is one draw that is so fascinating, how could the creator of the universe, of all, be so simple and humble? As Our Lord has shared in the prophetic, "I am the mendicant love." He begs you to love Him.

3NLIGHT, your posts at ATS, you support and defend the unnatural, obviously abominable act of sodomy so your question is foolish, hypocritical. Sodomy is "holy" to you. You are wrong but you can change.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by colbe

They may not be holy, but the Bread which comes from heaven remains so, but they are to remain respected and we should always pray for them.
edit on 063030p://666 by backcase because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

I see You avoided the question. I guess you avoiding it means it doesn't work?

I can't believe you can defend priests who have had non-consensual sex with children over two grown people having consensual sex. You defend pedophilia yet you think homosexuality can not be defended.

Which is worse? Having sex with unwilling children or having sex with someone your own age who happens to be the same gender and who is willing?

Were the things those priests did any more "natural" than what gay people do? You have some twisted logic.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Pedophilia among priests is not nearly as common as news makes it out to be. This is what we would call "mammon" and colbe is trying to say that you follow mammon rather than the Truth itself.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by backcase

Pedophilia among priests is not nearly as common as news makes it out to be. This is what we would call "mammon" and colbe is trying to say that you follow mammon rather than the Truth itself.

Mammon relates to material wealth...how does this relate to grown men fiddling with young boys?

Å99

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by backcase

What does money have to do with pedophilia? If anything, the Catholic church is the one who worships money, not me. Have you ever seen the Vatican? Pretty damn fancy and expensive. Ever seen what the value of the Vatican is? Billions and billions.

I don't want anything to do with money, but I am forced to use it in order to have a decent living. I am trapped in the system, I have no choice. The church helped set up the system.

You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

The news in general mainly covers bad news and scandal more than it does the good news, or the truth.

Why do they do this?

it sells.

Why does it sell?

Because it excites the scornful and sensual part of man which has become less dull than the spiritual sense.

The fact that you feed off of the fire of their scandal means that you follow mammon.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by akushla99

see my last post.

Mammon is the wealth of this world, it is not just material or literal money.
edit on 073030p://666 by backcase because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join