It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by vethumanbeing

I'm trying to get you to have a serious intellectual conversation with me but apparently you're only interested in riddles and mockery. I'm done playing this game with you.

Well, how about you start for once, and actually quote me instead of the off target smoke bombs you keep throwing.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Why do you do this windword? Defend the vile act of sodomy and attack the Church? You do not have testimony of priests accused and mind you not all accused are guilty. I have posted explanation from a psychologist who helped priests, he the scandal was homosexual not pedophile.

Why do I argue against the church diverting attention and blaming their troubles on the homosexual community as a whole? The church scandal is vast and is a sign of problems within the church itself. The rape and molestation of children is not a homosexual problem or trait. Child abuse is not a homosexual trait either.

These priests are sick individuals that prey on children sexually. They're the criminals, not the homosexual community at large.

the word for abuse of post-pubescent boys is Ephebophilia (from ephebos, the Greek word for an adolescent boy). Also, I think it's absolutely preposterous to claim that the abuse of pre- and post-pubescent children by Catholic clergy has anything to do with homosexuality or heterosexuality: these abusers have a serious mental illness that causes (or at least predisposes them to) their unconscionable behavior. No healthy person - gay or straight - wants to abuse children. Period.

edit on 21-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

There's nothing to quote. That's the point. You've given me nothing to work with. My posts are still there if you want to answer my question now.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by colbe

Why do you do this windword? Defend the vile act of sodomy and attack the Church? You do not have testimony of priests accused and mind you not all accused are guilty. I have posted explanation from a psychologist who helped priests, he the scandal was homosexual not pedophile.

Why do I argue against the church diverting attention and blaming their troubles on the homosexual community as a whole? The church scandal is vast and is a sign of problems within the church itself. The rape and molestation of children is not a homosexual problem or trait. Child abuse is not a homosexual trait either.

These priests are sick individuals that prey on children sexually. They're the criminals, not the homosexual community at large.

the word for abuse of post-pubescent boys is Ephebophilia (from ephebos, the Greek word for an adolescent boy). Also, I think it's absolutely preposterous to claim that the abuse of pre- and post-pubescent children by Catholic clergy has anything to do with homosexuality or heterosexuality: these abusers have a serious mental illness that causes (or at least predisposes them to) their unconscionable behavior. No healthy person - gay or straight - wants to abuse children. Period.

edit on 21-6-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

You do not have the testimonies, you're just anti-Catholic. The priesthood is holy. Our Lord established the priesthood to impart His soul saving grace. Grace is God's presence. You don't understand because you know nothing of the faith but the anti-Catholicism you read. Again, who can figure out why? There's a fallen away
Catholic here I think or parents who were anti-Catholic.

There are sinners in every area of life ww, go pick on another group. How about the many perversions of
sodomites? There's a group for you to call "sick." Instead, pray for their conversion.

Pedophile AND the homosexual act are grave mortal sins and unless confessed before you die, you will
not see Heaven.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

Have you attended to that plank in your eye yet, brother? Perhaps you should do so before badgering others over the speck in theirs.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You keep regurgitating the same crap over and over. You're sounding like a broken record and I'm beginning to think you're just a troll because I really hope someone can't be as oblivious and blind as you are. If you really are, I truly feel sorry for you.

I hate to say it, but you sound like a Protestant. In other words, you sound friggin crazy and wacko.

How is the priesthood holy and picked by god if they commit (in your own words) acts of homosexuality? Does god choose homosexuals as priests and then call them holy in your opinion? Because that's what it's sounding like.
edit on 21-6-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by colbe

You do not have the testimonies, you're just anti-Catholic. The priesthood is holy.

Why would I care about or want to hear the "testimonies" of child abusing priests and the excuses they give for doing what they did?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Its just like the dollar in my opinion. Value is determined by the people, or holiness in this case.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

At least they have Satan to fall back on as a default.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by colbe

You do not have the testimonies, you're just anti-Catholic. The priesthood is holy.

Why would I care about or want to hear the "testimonies" of child abusing priests and the excuses they give for doing what they did?

You care a lot, your attack on the Priesthood but your cut and paste effort doesn't make it true. The effort was made because the homosexual act (ich) - sodomy isn't a scandal to liberals and anti-Christians. Gotta call it something else.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Satan (as you seem to believe exists) is of Gods creation and is allowed to exist; unless you have a thought that Satan is greater and created God instead JUST FOR US HUMANS (in humor and JEST) to argue about and keep us busy, rather Machiavellian do you not think?
There is war between good and evil on Earth,the same battle is in the other world between Heaven and Hell,only there things are different as the weapons are different.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Ok, you are saying they can not repent? Is that because of personal choice, or because they would be turned away? Im really not sure how else to ask this, honestly...
Because they live and feel the way of the Devil as they live with the Devil in the house of the Devil.

They are dead souls with no energy left to ask for that ,lost souls that live in the breath of the Devil,with no power to escape of what they have already accepted for eternity,which is .....Hell.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Absolute garbage, just because people do not belong to your club it doesn't mean they will goto hell.
let me ask you something Ghandi wasn't a christian, most people on this planet are not and many of them are good people who do wonderful things for others in their life for no reason than it feels right...do they all goto your imaginary Hell?
Dead souls? how dare you, every human being has a soul and again just because they are not in your club you condemn them to hell...that isn't your job is it? and also It is a grave sin according to your club to do so.
So I guess you and colbe will be enjoying the heat with the rest of us...

This is where Religion fails...join our club or you will be damned..why can you not see this is a man made invention, created to divide us all, created by men who wish to control others by scaring the weak willed or those who are afraid.
Oh and colbe of course Catholicism is a religion...man made not by God.
edit on 22-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Here is the answer right before you. AI said it. There is gram of pievance factor here, a problem of God not showing particular favoritism towards this particular child, a slighting felt at some point that has engendered this entire dialoge (FATHER FIGURE rejected or neglected its child) and here within is the reason for ALL OF THE WRATH and railing against the "absent Father=GOD" .
We have the choice of Heaven and Hell,AI has chosen Hell,although I gave him a chance,and he do not understands what Hell is like and feel like.

Because I decide who and where.....But I will him give one last chance.

"Oh and what cannot be seen is well known by God."

So you can't bribe God.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Absolute garbage, just because people do not belong to your club it doesn't mean they will goto hell. let me ask you something Ghandi wasn't a christian, most people on this planet are not and many of them are good people who do wonderful things for others in their life for no reason than it feels right...do they all goto your imaginary Hell?
Oh hello beautiful mesmerisng creature,how are 'We' today?

Sorry but I don't have a club,my only club is Heaven.

Ghandi didn't took no one's belief.

Dead souls? how dare you, every human being has a soul and again just because they are not in your club you condemn them to hell...that isn't your job is it? and also It is a grave sin according to your club to do so.
No I just decide who remain in Hell and who will go to Heaven.....from Hell

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Delusions of grandeur also....

Iam done with you...

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Delusions of grandeur also....
Iam done with you...
In my humble I have my grandeur to shine.

Like you are the darkness who tries to shine.

Well you Mighty Ape,in your kindness you have done something....

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Because they live and feel the way of the Devil as they live with the Devil in the house of the Devil.

They are dead souls with no energy left to ask for that ,lost souls that live in the breath of the Devil,with no power to escape of what they have already accepted for eternity,which is .....Hell.

Good Lord, pi!!!
Can you REALLY say those things and STILL think you are pious and good? It's disgraceful, really.

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Nice try to come off as benevolent and approachable.
But you just couldn't refrain from injecting THIS:

It is good that you have realized that not everyone is enamoured with you.

"Enamoured" with me? Please. I am talking about depth of study, exposure to other schools of thought, careful self-examination, and DECADES of searching, learning and thinking. But you had to once more "insult" me.

So, do you feel you are "further down the path" than me?

I have no idea. Your path is your own, not mine.

It is good that you have evolved your thinking over the last 3 years

AS A DIRECT RESULT OF the grief of losing my father and being immersed in the questions since he died on August 2, 2010. It was the first loss of a loved one that hit me with more than passing sadness such as pets, friends, and extended family members. Excuse me for not having lost my father before. Sorry he didn't pass quickly enough for your taste. How insensitive.

and even better if that continues for the rest of your life!
DO NOT presume to know my past, my knowledge, my evolution. It has been going on for my ENTIRE LIFE, pal, and I'm certain it will continue to do so - because I have the intellect, the inquisitiveness, the tenacity, and the determination to get as close as I can to the "real answers" while I'm still here on this beautiful planet - knowing full well that when I leave here, the answers will be known to me once again.

If you want to continue to discuss this with me, that's fine, but I will not tolerate condescension from you.
As long as that is understood, ask me whatever you like. And by the way, I'll be turning 55 in a few months. Every day I learn more. Life experience is why we are here.

I have no idea what your experience is, how long you've been here or 'studying/contemplating' these things, but you are NOT on my path, nor am I on yours. You are free to shout out directions and hints, but you will never be ON THE SAME PATH that I am. I've come far enough to see the peaceful meadow beyond my forest path, and I know the path must be walked alone.

Now, mind you manners, and try again if it pleases you.
edit on 22-6-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by colbe

The root of the homosexual disorder, so is the disbelief in God.

That is a LOAD OF CRAP, colbe. Then explain your bishops' and priests' behaviors. The "disorder" of sexual abuse in the Catholic church is caused by the unnatural existence required of them. They are ineffective as teachers because they HAVE NOT EXPERIENCED eros love, nor marriage, nor parenting. How can anyone who is forbidden from learning about romantic love between two people, successful marriage, or being a PARENT claim to represent "God the Father"?? They cannot. They attempt to speak to what they do NOT KNOW.

The destruction of the family, it is so sad, the latest statistics, you want to cry.

colbe,

families form from many different 'units' or 'individuals.' My family living in my home with me consists of 3 cats, 2 dogs, 1 man, and about 20 fish, along with all the plants, trees, and wildlife. Does this mean I'm into "bestiality"? Of course not.

The family of one's upbringing is NOT NECESSARILY the "best" family for any of us. As we mature, we potentially can surround ourselves with others who lift us up, who hold the line and help us keep it all together. Why would you begrudge people the love of another?

Do you ever get tired of beating your head on that wall of the Vatican?

new topics

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join