It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Carl Jung felt very strongly that we need to throw off the "mass-man" and, have a working theological framework. in order to enter the fray with our entire being.

There's no other way that isn't entirely self-centered and ego-centric.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Dunno what that has to do with anything, but it sounds off topic, so I'm gonna leave it alone.

No, you want proof of God thats why you are an Atheist, that is why you do not believe in its exsistance. It is not off topic just a question. You seem to be very materialistic and need tangible evidence. It has not succeeded in seducing you, or is it the other way around; or has not shown interest. So, you (in your mind spurned). You also are smart enough to know this was a "do you still beat your wife" question, you dodged it congrates.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Perfect! The NEW entry to the Babes of Roller Rink Derbyism Las Vegas Style. "The Atheists", Featuring accidental elbowing, EGO brusing, tripping each other up, falling all over themselves and causing unintentional black eyes. After the game, coach says "calm down children, it was just a game--but you forgot all about the OTHER team you were competiting against--The Copasetic Dragons".

What?

What the hell are you getting at here, vet? Okay, yeah. I'm done. I'm not bruised, influenced, delusional, or fanatical.
If you choose not to acknowledge that, then...I'm done here.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

No material evidence of a creator will satisfy the atheist.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Wild. Chill out. Explain. Imagine that Serdgiam is one of those kids you like to help and realize that his understanding is only as good as you help it to be.

That's a nice gesture, but this person "Serdgiam" is CLEARLY a sophisticated adult.

Would you please refrain from telling me to 'chill out'? I've explained myself multiple times.
My patience is worn through....just like the clothing that I keep wearing rather than 'buying new things' that promote slavery, oppression, and desperation.

kthxbai.

I'm done here.
Take care, y'all.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Dear vethumanbeing,

Your post sparked a thought. Probably half-baked, but what can it hurt, right?

No, you want proof of God thats why you are an Atheist, that is why you do not believe in its exsistance.

Consider, for a moment, perpetual motion machines. Threads on that show up here every now and then in different forms. I don't even bother looking at them. I know they violate rules of physics and have been shown to not satisfy scientists, yet there remain some who insist it does exist.

Could AfterInfinity be in the same situation? In his mind God can not be possible, therefore any and all evidence to the contrary must be false, even if he can't show why. Since the evidence is false by definition, his decision is already made and is unshakable, like mine with perpetual motion machines.

It's not a perfect analogy, as scientists still take the time to look at such machines, and the machines are bound by natural law. But I wonder if the thinking is the same.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Carl Jung felt very strongly that we need to throw off the "mass-man" and, have a working theological framework. in order to enter the fray with our entire being. There's no other way that isn't entirely self-centered and ego-centric.

He had the problem as well working within the 'new' science of psychiatry "psyhcoanalysis" community as a proclaimed Protestant amongst Jews such as Freud..He would not look at guilt and sexuality in the same way (repression), not the premiere psychosis OF EVERY problem. (just an aberation was all). If you dont throw off convention there is no growth of spirit. At this point Im not sure the contributers of this thread even believe such a thing exists; I havent heard a thought about spirit at all in the discussions, or the eternal nature of it. Unfortunately all of this could be applied to the other arguement. Ego/superego based. Jung at least recognised the 'individual' as supreme, not the mass think homogenious MOB.
edit on 20-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

And also, pal, I am NOT AN ATHEIST.
gha

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing
The problem with many is they think this is supposed to be easy. YOU HAVE TO SEARCH for it, its a deeply personal quest. Those that want the immediate OF COURSE will not experence it as they havent bothered to look within themselves. Its not about scripture (for some it helps as guidance toward the goal of having a suggestion it exists).

Speeech! *Applauds”

Yes, exactly; people have to ready to search within themselves and start thinking about the mysteries in a deeper way. The modus operandi of Empirical data, can only reach so far. Performing those inner schrodinger cat type experiments, is the only way forward.

As for your scripture comment…hmmm yes, it can help in guidance and also in confirmation. Discernment is the Key.

- JC

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Perfect! The NEW entry to the Babes of Roller Rink Derbyism Las Vegas Style. "The Atheists", Featuring accidental elbowing, EGO brusing, tripping each other up, falling all over themselves and causing unintentional black eyes. After the game, coach says "calm down children, it was just a game--but you forgot all about the OTHER team you were competiting against--The Copasetic Dragons".

What?

What the hell are you getting at here, vet? Okay, yeah. I'm done. I'm not bruised, influenced, delusional, or fanatical.If you choose not to acknowledge that, then...I'm done here.

Why do you take everything so personally? IF AfterInfinity says its a Game then ITS A GAME and you are playing on its team. For me on the otherhand this is a deadly serious business of the exposure of: disingenousness, deceit, manipulation.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I like to think so.. *straightens tie*

I am sorry that attempting to learn about your perspective from my own has been taxing. The way you see things may seem so very obvious, but that is because you are the one seeing it that way.

Just like it seemed obvious to me that empowering yourself as the "gardener" was a compliment, but it definitely was not perceived that way by you. Honestly, I think that this specific experience embodies one of the major issues we are facing as a culture.

It is too bad you are not willing to pursue it further..

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Why do you take everything so personally?

Because....
you are ATTACKING ME personally. Stop putting words in my mouth, or assuming you know what I think. Please.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

And also, pal, I am NOT AN ATHEIST.
gha

Did you just say "gha" that's cute, whatever it means.

Save the last dance for me.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I see no point in denying the self. There is no other without a self to observe it from.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   

You seem to be very materialistic and need tangible evidence.

Everything that exists leaves a tangible trace, does it not?

It has not succeeded in seducing you, or is it the other way around; or has not shown interest. So, you (in your mind spurned). You also are smart enough to know this was a "do you still beat your wife" question, you dodged it congrates.

Uh...what? I didn't get that last.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

No material evidence of a creator will satisfy the atheist.

Like you would know! You haven't even tried yet!

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

If that's how you feel, then don't let me keep you. You obviously don't want to be here.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

I see no point in denying the self. There is no other without a self to observe it from.

The spirit and the freedom of the spirit is a non-local phenomenon, the self just a projection and one that dies with the body. Nevertheless the truth of Christianity is that we are fully loved and accepted as we are, and met where we are at, and hugged (enveloped) by God, provided we come to our senses and make a return path towards home.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Originally posted by charles1952

Dear vethumanbeing,

Your post sparked a thought. Probably half-baked, but what can it hurt, right?

No, you want proof of God thats why you are an Atheist, that is why you do not believe in its exsistance.

charles1952
Consider, for a moment, perpetual motion machines. Threads on that show up here every now and then in different forms. I don't even bother looking at them. I know they violate rules of physics and have been shown to not satisfy scientists, yet there remain some who insist it does exist.
Could AfterInfinity be in the same situation? In his mind God can not be possible, therefore any and all evidence to the contrary must be false, even if he can't show why. Since the evidence is false by definition, his decision is already made and is unshakable, like mine with perpetual motion machines.
It's not a perfect analogy, as scientists still take the time to look at such machines, and the machines are bound by natural law. But I wonder if the thinking is the same. With respect Charles1952

In its/anyones mind has the conclusion already you mean, as in no proof will satisfy it, immovable. Its interesting that there are such beings that exist in that much fear. I have been in the presense of someone that witnessed the same thing I did undenighable, (a triangular shaped black spook machine at least a mile wide from corners to corners 45 degrees blocked out the sky 26 march 1997 Tucson AZ -- flew at 500 ft completely silent 15 miles an hour; witnessed by thousands in the AZ area). This person blanked, (it stopped traffic for 30 minutes), would not acknowledge anything being seen. I think fear is what causes the window blinds to fall/drop; what they might comprehend is too much for them to contemplate, they have no ability to understand what they are seeing or the concepts it might present. A spiritualist would at least have some fundimental tools in facing a dicotomy that does not fit their conceptions of LIFE/Awareness; be open at least to something new or challenging if coming from the senses (at the least) not from logic/reason; Ive seen what happens when that occures, the equation goes unsolved.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   

The spirit and the freedom of the spirit is a non-local phenomenon, the self just a projection and one that dies with the body. Nevertheless the truth of Christianity is that we are fully loved and accepted as we are, and met where we are at, and hugged (enveloped) by God, provided we come to our senses and make a return path towards home.

Don't I get to pick my home?

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join