It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Madrusa

Well i did hint that it was about a surprise birthday party, a highly dangerous collective cult of conspirators wearing party hats...?

Sorry, not following your hints.

Never mind then. If you don't want to expound and would rather be vague, that's your privilege. I guess we'll all just wait for the "surprise."

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I understand, to the extent on perspective can of another, what your goal is.. but what path are you taking to get there? I am putting focus on those words, because I am making a distinction between the two.

When you say things like this:

Do the 'rapture freaks' really, really, REALLY imagine they will simply disappear into the ether? After the clouds open, the trumpets blare, and JC looking like in his eurocentric portraits in his clean robes? It's ridiculous.
It's like first grade thinking. Same as Santa coming down the chimblee - Mommy, let's put milk and cookies and a carrot for Rudolph on the table!!

It is perceived, perhaps incorrectly by me, as not particularly indicative of your stated goal of "Peace." So, I am asking you to clarify how taking the above path of action leads to your stated goal of peace.

You say that you equate religion to greed, but does greed exist outside of religion? Are there any who claim religion and exhibit charity and giving?

I think that greed does exist outside of religion, and I have also witnessed with my own eyes great acts of giving and charity from those who claim religion. This leads me to believe that greed is not solely relegated to a position of religion, but that it is representative of a larger issue that gets put aside in lieu of attacking a path that may or may not lead to the goal of peace.

For some, it does. For many, it does not lead to peace. As you say in the post you link; Replace path with "ANY form of faith or nationality (i.e. Christian, Atheist, Agnostic, American, British, South African, Indonesian, Paki, Chinese - whatever)." For this post, I would also include things like "lifestyle, actions, and words." Really, anything that is the result of the choices we make constantly on what we "do."

Are these really the issue? Does singling any of them out address the issue of greed, hate, and division directly? Since the act of singling out religion would apply as a result of choices, or a path, is it subject to greed, hate, or division itself?

If so, how do we address that if we only focus on religion? And not just focus on it, but mock it because "asking nicely doesnt work." Does that path exhibit patterns of peace, or can it perpetuate the same problematic cycle that religion does?
edit on 19-6-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Did you watch the Sarah M. video, too?
THAT is the path.
Yes, I am talking about the much-reviled "redistribution of wealth". And I mean it.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

It's necessary because asking people nicely to STOP INDOCTRINATING OTHERS with this hocus-pocus stuff and false hope and imposed shame isn't working.
Oh ,isn't you that famous person on ATS,and in the world?

I suppose that you will never be delusional as famous person that you are.

Because for you it's working.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

You speak of goals but what actions are you taking to get there? And are they really going towards the goal you seek?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Whatever. How lame. I put the "famous person" subtitle on there in response to a thread weeks ago that asked if there were any 'famous people' on ATS.

For crying out loud!! No sense of irony or humor in you, I see.

WERE you the one who accused me of being the downfall of mankind by vice of being born a female?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   

You speak of goals but what actions are you taking to get there? And are they really going towards the goal you seek?

You are free to read my post and thread history. I am an activist - and a retired professional. I will NOT waver in my 'goal' to stop the disenfranchisement and powerlessness of billions of innocent people in this world. Nor will I be "shushed" by those who enslave and oppress others.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

WERE you the one who accused me of being the downfall of mankind by vice of being born a female?
No,but please post a link to that post because you have made me curious if that post exist,or at least to that thread....please.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

That's all any of us has. And it's very freeing to realize.

Like moving out for the first time. Then comes the responsibilities. All the scary, dark, depressing responsibilities. Even as you are free to walk away, you are also beholden to your own needs and your own actions, and some people have a hard time grappling with that. If he ever needs support, though, I'm there.

We could make it so much easier for our sanity if we just accepted our aloneness. Fighting it is stupid, you're still going to be alone. Just alone and miserable.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

It was months, maybe even a year, ago.
But make no mistake, I have the memory of an elephant as far as what has been said to me.

If it wasn't you, it wasn't you.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

If it wasn't you, it wasn't you.
Well then,my conclusion is that you are a very ,very beautiful woman through inside and outside.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
You are free to read my post and thread history. I am an activist - and a retired professional.

I have read many of your posts. I know what your goal is, and I have the same. To my perspective, however, the path you are openly taking does not lead to that goal. I am honestly asking you to clarify so I am not basing this off of the limited assumption of my own perspective, but I think we have a communication gap here.

I will NOT waver in my 'goal' to stop the disenfranchisement and powerlessness of billions of innocent people in this world. Nor will I be "shushed" by those who enslave and oppress others.

Thats good! But is the answer to oppress in the opposite direction? Thats what I feel you are suggesting, and since it doesnt lead to peace (your stated goal) in my perspective, I expect that I am either misunderstanding you (which I am trying to solve) or your path does not lead to your goal.

Obviously we are having some communication issues, and while I have been asking you many questions, you are free to ask your own as well. I dont think that would do anything but benefit the conversation..
edit on 19-6-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Activist in what, exactly? Your description didn't ring any bells.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

I have read many of your posts. I know what your goal is, and I have the same. To my perspective, however, the path you are openly taking does not lead to that goal. I am honestly asking you to clarify so I am not basing this off of the limited assumption of my own perspective, but I think we have a communication gap here.

Okay, maybe we are, Serdgiam.

I'm tired now, and my husband has come home from his very stressful job - so I am going to log off.
I will get back to you tomorrow.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   

I will sum up how I view the conversation with an analogy.

We are both looking at a garden, and both of our goals are for that garden to thrive and flourish.

You are saying it is the plants that are growing, and the way that they are growing, that is the problem that needs to be solved.

I am saying that it is the soil that is causing all of it in the first place, and replacing the plants will just lead to all of the same problems.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I will sum up how I view the conversation with an analogy.

We are both looking at a garden, and both of our goals are for that garden to thrive and flourish.

You are saying it is the plants that are growing, and the way that they are growing, that is the problem that needs to be solved.

I am saying that it is the soil that is causing all of it in the first place, and replacing the plants will just lead to all of the same problems.

Ah, but what good is a garden if all you do is stand by and watch it slowly die? You have the soil and the sprinkler system, but you yourself never enter the garden, even when weeds are choking the flowers and the vegetables.
edit on 19-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

There may be a law of nature whose function operates along the same general theme as one god or another, but its exact parameters exceed and transcend the clumsy labels with which we have attempted to define it, because all we know is what our senses can tell us.

If you truly believe that, how can you, honestly, deny the existence of God?

The rest of your post was nothing but "padding" that helps you feel more comfortable with your beliefs.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by BenReclused

If you truly believe that, how can you, honestly, deny the existence of God?

The rest of your post was nothing but "padding" that helps you feel more comfortable with your beliefs.

Because if such is the case, then it's not a god. It's a law of physics that has been granted an anthropomorphic nature by its worshippers in order to make it more appealing to converts. How can it be a god if it's not even an entity?

edit on 19-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I think it could be called a sermon? Honestly dont really know, but I am flinging my beliefs like poo, hoping it sticks to something.

That was more like a dissertation, than it was a sermon. You may be a deep thinker, but I certainly wouldn't call you a prophet, yet.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
Ah, but what good is a garden if all you do is stand by and watch it slowly die? You have the soil and the sprinkler system, but you yourself never enter the garden, even when weeds are choking the flowers and the vegetables

How interesting that you introduce a figure into the picture that is analogous to a God.

Was that intentional?

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36  37 >>

join