It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

If you are that bothered contact the police eh? stop saying he has someone tied up in his basement or something like that when he has not.
You are trying to slander the OP with completely unfounded lies, stop just stop.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
This is one of the most bizarre threads I have ever read on this site.

Summary by a minimal contributor/participant:

Afternfinity claims he has turned his friend, a gay man with tremors, away from the Catholic Church.

Said friend, anthonycooper, has just become a member. mrcooper confirms that indeed, as a result of his conversations with AI, he has decided that the Catholic Church does not sync with his own 'inner light', particularly regarding his sexual orientation.

The board has been drawn like ants to a picnic to discuss.

mrcooper is then suspected of being a sock puppet of AI's own device.

vet has chosen to address anyone speaking to AI or to mrcooper in a congenial way with dismissal as either a deluded "fan" or a sociopathic predator. In my case, identified as a dimwitted sheeplet being "petted" by AI, and unable to think for myself, or a plant of some kind. vet's posts are condescending overall, and difficult to decipher.

mrcooper is then shown to have a flimsy understanding of Catholic beliefs and practices.

pi wants to convert AI and is now accusing AI of ruining someone's life and holding them/their soul prisoner.

atheists are alleged to have no capacity for love or empathy.

ANY tone of jovial "back-and-forthiness" has been shuttered and padlocked with further insults and accusations.

no consensus has been derived, nor has any reasonable conversation taken place.

MY CONCLUSION:
AI is, and has been since his arrival, very angry at the "God" he has decided to reject or deny as real. This is a pattern with him - and it's eminently clear that he does not regard highly any 'creator' who would set up his creation to suffer and fail and then punish him for it.

Some members seem to think that atheists are equivalent to psychopaths (of which, btw, sociopaths are one form), and others have rightly asserted that they are NOT devoid of compassion, love, or reasons to live. Some members are "afraid" that mrcooper, if he exists, has been persuaded by a "Satanic" equivalent to turn from his own best interest.

The OP has ignited a firestorm around the very nucleus of what has long been a bone of major contention among "believers" of various deities.
/summary

MY PERSONAL STANCE:
Religion is a touchy subject.

Religion DOES NOT CREATE MORALITY. It's no one else's business how a person addresses, feels about, or imagines "God" to be. IF a person chooses to share their opinions, beliefs, doubts, and concerns here, it is open for discussion and questions/answers are to be expected, including "I DON'T KNOW."

SHAMING others is not productive. Religion has a consistent "shame factor" running through it, as well as a "fear factor" in terms of coercing "good behavior".

Therefore: RELIGION IS A PROBLEM OF MANKIND'S OWN MAKING, not a solution to the problems of life itself.

Just a recap, for my own sanity's sake. If I have missed anything I take full responsibility for not being able to follow this surreal exchange of cyber-ideas. If anyone wants to know more about me than vethumanbeing has seemed to assume, please feel free to ask. NO ONE HERE speaks for me.

edit on 19-6-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

The Devil has many advocates today,and many serve the Devil,I mean the most majority.

That's why the times that we are living in ,because the end of times are approaching.

To feel the endless eternal feeling of bad is real for the Devil's advocates.

You are a good apprentice for the Devil boymonkey ,but not that good.

Oh and the Erad phenomena it might repeat itself at some level.

Because even if these is a thread you may never know what is behind the curtain,in people's real lives....accordingly with the story and the words of the OP

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

You know nothing about me dude, so do not say Iam a good apprentice for the devil (doesn't exist to be honest...weak people use it as an excuse for their own failings), I do a lot of good in my life, I help people in my work and do it not for a reward when I die, I do it because it feels right, so anyone who disagrees with you or isn't in your club is following the devil...you are going to get a shock one day....
End of times my arse...how long have people been saying that? has it happened? no.
Enjoy your insanity because that is what I see when reading your stupid posts.
edit on 19-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Wow! Thanks for the summary and your input.
I just happened on this thread and was surprised to find it still going on. As I debated whether or not to read some of it, I came across your post, thankfully, and you helped me decide that I have better things to do.

Religion IS a touchy subject. And that's probably why I love to touch it.
But this thread seems particularly volatile, so I'll move on.

I'll just leave with the thought that no one is responsible for another's thinking. Ultimate responsibility means not thinking as a group, but being an individual and thinking for one's self.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

You know nothing about me dude, so do not say Iam a good apprentice for the devil (doesn't exist to be honest...
But you are,the advocate of the Devil...indeed you are.

Of course ,one of the greatest achievments of the Devil is for his not to be spoken his name.

weak people use it as an excuse for their own failings).
Then you are strong because you serve him with faith....and you will be his failing...somewhere in the future.

End of times my arse...how long have people been saying that? has it happened? no.
Well a surprise is the future as never let the future surprise you ,but you will be.

Enjoy your insanity because that is what I see when reading your stupid posts.
You see?
"Blind is the one that cannot see what a blind man can see."

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   

How can I follow something I do not believe in?
Tell me why you think Iam the Devils apprentice? what proof do you have eh? Is it because I do not follow any Man made version of God?
Please show me any evidence please do. Otherwise you are talking out of your behind.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Tell me why you think Iam the Devils apprentice?
'Please show my any evidence please do.'

Otherwise you are talking out of your behind.
Your language,because you are a bad soul(which speaks with the devil's tongue),which with each occasion will hurt someone who stands in front of Devil's desire of hurting....souls.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Best you can come up with? a typo? thats why Iam the devils apprentice?

Wildtimes and BH you had it right, moving along now leaving the thread.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Best you can come up with? a typo? thats why Iam the devils apprentice?
Yes because they are you thoughts,as they are your facts,bad deeds of your life that can be seen here on ATS in your threads....

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

mrcooper is then shown to have a flimsy understanding of Catholic beliefs and practices.

"shown" is a rather strong word for someone who has never met him and just picked apart a few of his posts without waiting for him to elaborate.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I love you, but you have written just about the most frightening thing a human can write. Honestly, I'm scared.

I believe that there is a God. When you face Him after death and tell Him that you have no desire to consign your soul to Him, I can only imagine Him saying "So be it." He will not condemn you to Hell, you will tell Him you don't want to be with Him, and you won't be.

If there is anything I can do or say to prevent this horror, please tell me either here or U2U. You will get what you ask for.

This is akin to someone saying, "ZOMG, you're getting coal for Christmas! Quick, repent, repent!"

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ouch. That was harsh. But I guess when you have nothing to say, you have nothing to say. Makes me wonder if I should be retrieving my own life craft....

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
This is one of the most bizarre threads I have ever read on this site.

Summary by a minimal contributor/participant:

Afternfinity claims he has turned his friend, a gay man with tremors, away from the Catholic Church.

Said friend, anthonycooper, has just become a member. mrcooper confirms that indeed, as a result of his conversations with AI, he has decided that the Catholic Church does not sync with his own 'inner light', particularly regarding his sexual orientation.

The board has been drawn like ants to a picnic to discuss.

mrcooper is then suspected of being a sock puppet of AI's own device.

vet has chosen to address anyone speaking to AI or to mrcooper in a congenial way with dismissal as either a deluded "fan" or a sociopathic predator. In my case, identified as a dimwitted sheeplet being "petted" by AI, and unable to think for myself, or a plant of some kind. vet's posts are condescending overall, and difficult to decipher.

pi wants to convert AI and is now accusing AI of ruining someone's life and holding them/their soul prisoner.

atheists are alleged to have no capacity for love or empathy.

ANY tone of jovial "back-and-forthiness" has been shuttered and padlocked with further insults and accusations.

no consensus has been derived, nor has any reasonable conversation taken place.

MY CONCLUSION:
AI is, and has been since his arrival, very angry at the "God" he has decided to reject or deny as real. This is a pattern with him - and it's eminently clear that he does not regard highly any 'creator' who would set up his creation to suffer and fail and then punish him for it.

Some members seem to think that atheists are equivalent to psychopaths (of which, btw, sociopaths are one form), and others have rightly asserted that they are NOT devoid of compassion, love, or reasons to live. Some members are "afraid" that mrcooper, if he exists, has been persuaded by a "Satanic" equivalent to turn from his own best interest.

The OP has ignited a firestorm around the very nucleus of what has long been a bone of major contention among "believers" of various deities.
/summary

MY PERSONAL STANCE:
Religion is a touchy subject.

Religion DOES NOT CREATE MORALITY. It's no one else's business how a person addresses, feels about, or imagines "God" to be. IF a person chooses to share their opinions, beliefs, doubts, and concerns here, it is open for discussion and questions/answers are to be expected, including "I DON'T KNOW."

SHAMING others is not productive. Religion has a consistent "shame factor" running through it, as well as a "fear factor" in terms of coercing "good behavior".

Therefore: RELIGION IS A PROBLEM OF MANKIND'S OWN MAKING, not a solution to the problems of life itself.

Just a recap, for my own sanity's sake. If I have missed anything I take full responsibility for not being able to follow this surreal exchange of cyber-ideas. If anyone wants to know more about me than vethumanbeing has seemed to assume, please feel free to ask. NO ONE HERE speaks for me.

Beautifully said!

A puzzling yet revealing trait of the OP, especially in this thread.

In my opinion, and my personal summary of his efforts in this thread shows that AI is a control freak that sees himself as a teacher of the righteousness of his own personal philosophy and has attempted to set himself and his philosophy upon a pedestal as a model representative of all atheistic belief and a moral standard that all people should strive for.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

A puzzling yet revealing trait of the OP, especially in this thread.

In my opinion, and my personal summary of his efforts in this thread shows that AI is a control freak that sees himself as a teacher of the righteousness of his own personal philosophy and has attempted to set himself and his philosophy upon a pedestal as a model representative of all atheistic belief and a moral standard that all people should strive for.

Oh Windword, you are just so psychic!. But you forgot to mention that I'm also a Satanist who dreams of sacrificing the entire world population of newborns to Cthulu in exchange for a position at its right hand as a the ruling overlord of all the transsexuals of now and forever. Once I have secured said position, the official mascot of this planet will be Justin Bieber, and all bacon will be destroyed and banned forthwith.

... I hope the sarcasm got through.

edit on 19-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Bacon destroyed?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Is it time to abandon thread yet? Clearly, the participants believe it is all but concluded...
edit on 19-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

It would be remiss of me not to point out the flaws in your plan to be ruling overlord of all transexuals: Satanism has nothing to do with the worship of the Ancient Ones, and when the great lord Cthulhu rises from his slumber in the depths he will consume us ALL! He will save Satan (Justin Bieber) for last as such foulness could even give the mighty lord Cthulhu a tummy ache!

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

I get the same feeling. He seems to be very arrogant and the "high and mighty" type who thinks his way is the best way and everyone else should "convert" to his way of thinking because any other way is inferior and not worth considering.

That's just the vibe I get from his posts, and not just from this particular thread either.

You shouldn't brag about something like this, there was no point in writing this thread other than to brag. I personally think this whole thing never even happened, it's just AI stroking his ego.

Learn a little humility.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

...Yep. Let me just go find that last life boat...gonna need it here soon.

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join