It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

Why would Satanists crawl all over a quote from Jesus?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by vethumanbeing

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
"Let the little children come unto me and do not hinder them."

NewAge, youve got to be more specific, you are going to have Satanists crawling all over your comment.

This is the first comment from you that I have been able to understand, but even then it doesnt make much sense to me. I dont intend that in a mean way, and from what I can gather, the confusion instilled is intentional (maybe?).

I see you continue to get stars though, and that tells me that others are able to decipher your posts. What am I missing here?
edit on 18-6-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Overjoyed with that constant apologetic knee jerk to your gentle suggestions of (mind your manners you are making me look like an idiot) KOOL it. Been a light, did you go to central casting for these characters? "YES I am the teacher of the 3rd grade", (lets practice communication and decorum before you destroy my reputation as a serious intellect) and lets go to recess now, exercise the bitterness off of the sour milk last hour and turn to phonics and cursive writing, next subject.

Excuse me?

What am I doing here to offend you, please??
Are you saying I'm a 3rd-grader?

I'm lost here. And hurt, somehow. And I didn't even know it.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

That would be me
Iam enjoying the debate and giving out stars for all

Most here are putting out things I agree with, It isn't a black and white topic and I disagree with some but agree to some other stuff too
Don't mind me carry on

edit on 18-6-2013 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Serdgiam

That would be me
Iam enjoying the debate and giving out stars for all

Most here are putting out things I agree with, It isn't a black and white topic and I disagree with some but agree to some other stuff too

Well, that explains one star on each post, but he has received more than that!

Don't mind me carry on

Monkeys dont bother me none!

edit on 18-6-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity

Why would Satanists crawl all over a quote from Jesus?

Why not, its an open casting call without context.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Unless you happen to read the other verses surrounding that one.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Unless you happen to read the other verses surrounding that one.

You are making my point, without context the verse is vaguery, and left to ridicule or misunderstand.
I wouldnt do that, not a 'scripture reader', wouldnt know which of 60 or so Bibles (written for each denomination-check this DOMINATION) to thumb through; too confusing. The message is the same I suppose but entirely different in wordage/ interpretation and is up to the reader. Bible study is not a light thing you just pick up the book and read randomly, unless like me use it as an Oracle. This is intense study, and I am not that scholar, no where near their absolute dedicated reverance. Id be a joke comparative to.
edit on 18-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:02 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Actually, I think I'd best log off again for now. Or at least, just lurk.

edit on 18-6-2013 by wildtimes because: yeah, not going to go there right now. Sorry guys. Talk to you all later.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serdgiam

NewAge, youve got to be more specific, you are going to have Satanists crawling all over your comment.

This is the first comment from you that I have been able to understand, but even then it doesnt make much sense to me. I dont intend that in a mean way, and from what I can gather, the confusion instilled is intentional (maybe?).I see you continue to get stars though, and that tells me that others are able to decipher your posts. What am I missing here

Its because you dont yet understand my perspective (not that you have to), there is intent in the confusion and AfterInfinity is not below or above letting something expand a thoughtform, if that be a simple statement or a valued belief that will/might grow take hold and make sense to SOMEONE SOMEWHERE. Its always about a positive/negative shaking hands and creating something new.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I'm sorry you were forced to leave. Please come back when you feel you have recovered your composure and are not in danger of lashing out at other disrespectful members.

ETA: vethumanbeing has just revealed what you posted before. I want you to know that you always have a friend in me. You are worth something to me and probably almost every other member on this forum. Never let yourself forget that.
edit on 18-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

You refuse to notice me at recess or choir practice.

Friend, I am the one who never got 'noticed'. I am the one who was mocked, ridiculed, belittled, the brunt of practical jokes at my expense.....AND I'm not just feeling sorry for myself here. I have known the pain of rejection, of "mean girls", "mean kids" - even "mean adults" --

It took me decades to get to where I am now - to get to where I felt I was worth anything at all to anyone outside my family. You have no idea of what my youth was like
I've overcome it now. But I still get 'knee-jerky' reactions when I'm ....... never mind. I'm all about "not going to feel sorry for myself - I'm going to say what I think." But....okay?I guess?I think?? Actually, I think I'd best log off again for now. Or at least, just lurk.

This is just called youth code 101 (your parents never informed you of). The awkwardness, the not fitting in; the knowing you are more brilliant than the 'blue tick hounds' belonging to the neighbors in the yard next door. No manual given out for the 'human experience' and religion might try its best to mould or countermand the loneliness of having no proof existance of God (as a child/adult) and the parent is no substitute for that longing of belonging what are we to do. I think the better plan would be to keep searching for something that makes sense. This thread is more about looking for answers that as an individual make sense or resonate. Not about truth, denial, as there is no standard for enlightenment, once achieved whatever method is finding god within yourself and it might be named Lucifer/Jesus/Abraham or YOU/wildtimes itself. ITs your destiny, your own creation and none of them are wrong.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Actually, I think I'd best log off again for now. Or at least, just lurk.

Ill log off with ya.

Teamwork!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   

reply to post by wildtimes

I'm sorry you were forced to leave. Please come back when you feel you have recovered your composure and are not in danger of lashing out at other disrespectful members.

Nice defensive petting move glad you showed up to put them to bed.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

You sir need to take a step back and think about your posts. I don't appreciate the disrespect you been showing the participants in this thread. You say you would like to challenge the atheistic system I have proposed and yet so far you have failed to elaborate on any of the challenges you have to offer. Do you have questions or any confusion you would like to clear up concerning the tenets I have explained so far?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

You sir need to take a step back and think about your posts. I don't appreciate the disrespect you been showing the participants in this thread.

Just as you show me the SAME respect as a participant in your thread. You edited so I have to edit. I dont have a belief system to defend, you do.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

“If anyone causes one of these little ones—those who believe in me—to stumble, it would be better for them to have a large millstone hung around their neck and to be drowned in the depths of the sea."

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

I can barely understand any of your posts. Part of me wonders if you're deliberately confusing.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

That is brutal and highly unnecessary. And people wonder why I am neither impressed nor inclined to follow such a figure.

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join