It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Or it's just AI's alter ego? That's my guess!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

There is a computer program which can tell you the amount of the truth in a text stated by a person.

And the person involved in this thread as subject of the thread,respectively:

I Converted A Catholic To Atheism

is real,only in the form stated above in my post.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I'm not so sure it is true, I just think he made this thread to toot his own imaginary horn.

That's just my opinion though.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Can you give me the name of that program please.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Or it's just AI's alter ego? That's my guess!

Based on little more than your dissatisfaction with my answers and those of AnthonyCooper.

I'm not so sure it is true, I just think he made this thread to toot his own imaginary horn.

That's just my opinion though.

You are welcome to your opinion, just as the hollow earth theorists are welcome to theirs.

edit on 18-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Like for civil use? ....online?....

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by boymonkey74

Like for civil use? ....online?....

*head explodes*

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   

So you are not actually using that program on the Op's thread? why even bring it up then?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Have you never demonstrated faith in yourself?

He's not demonstrating a faith in himself! He is only demonstrating a faith in you, and your beliefs.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

So you are not actually using that program on the Op's thread? why even bring it up then?

Cause that's the topic of this thread??

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Actually the moderators and administrators are more in charge of these threads than I am. I would recommend getting back on topic before one or more of them get involved. I may not have the power to curb your irrelevance, but they do.

What happened to all of that "self reliance", that we were discussing earlier?

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

I am defending the power of self-reliance and self empowerment and the lack of need for a deity. I am defending the potential of atheism and its emotional and psychological benefits. I am defending the freedom of choice and human nature. I am defending the independence of spirit. I am sorry if you have a problem with that but it won't change how I feel about it or my pursuit of seizing the full human potential as it relates to myself. Perhaps someday you will come to recognize what I am talking about and then you will know the freedom of spiritual independence.

I always rate "Prophets" by the number of "I's" they use in their sermons. You received a fairly high score.

my friend is already well on his way to discovering potential of spiritual independence.

Nope! That's not true! In reality, you only DENIED his previous "spiritual independence".

See ya,
Milt
edit on 18-6-2013 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
I rate "Prophets" by the number of "I's" they use in their sermons. You received a fairly high score.

Ooh! Ooh! Rate me next!

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Serdgiam

Ooh! Ooh! Rate me next!

I'd be glad to! Let's see your sermon.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenReclused
reply to post by Serdgiam

Ooh! Ooh! Rate me next!

I'd be glad to! Let's see your sermon.

See ya,
Milt

Hmm, I thought I had already delivered a few...

I cant do it on the spot anymore than I can pee while someone is listening.

edit: Lets use this post from earlier today. I think it could be called a sermon? Honestly dont really know, but I am flinging my beliefs like poo, hoping it sticks to something. Sounds about right!
edit on 18-6-2013 by Serdgiam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by BenReclused

Are you certified to teach Theology, or even "Atheism"?

Who says I am teaching? I am expressing myself. My friend is expressing himself. We are all expressing ourselves. I only ask that all instances of expression be respectful and courteous to all participants and viewers. I don't think this is unreasonable.

Unlike you, that's a "right" that I try to AVOID exercising.

See ya,
Milt

You seem to be implying that I am wrong in some way. While I may not be absolutely right in many regards, nor am I absolutely wrong. Some of these questions don't have a right or wrong answer, just an approach that is more productive or less productive in the long term.

WRONG, not a private discussion whatsoever between 'teacher and student'. You posted it on the Internet in a forum read by minions. So, what is your point/Gloat? Herald in the new Nobility (the spokesperson of atheism, with a staff so far of one), where can I send the check?
edit on 18-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   

reply to post by windword

This your personal viewpoint. Atheism in and of itself doesn't have anything to do with self esteem. There are all kinds of atheists. There is no doctrine of self worth inherently included in non belief of deities.

Perhaps not, but I've made my own modifications. Remember the part about creative power? I exercised it. There's no law saying I can't, and it's still technically atheist if there's no god involved.

There is no God involved in the making of a ham and cheese sandwich either. Just because you claim atheism, that doesn't meant that every creative thought you have is "atheistic" in nature. Some atheists are vegan and don't eat ham or cheese.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

reply to post by wildtimes

It's fine. For what it's worth, I'm overjoyed that you finally stopped in to say hello and share your two bent pennies. You've always been a light in these discussions. Anger is nothing to be ashamed of; it's when you let it control you that things start to go sour. Let's practice communication and steer clear of all that condemnation and accusation stuff, yes? Lead by example.

Overjoyed with that constant apologetic knee jerk to your gentle suggestions of (mind your manners you are making me look like an idiot) KOOL it. Been a light, did you go to central casting for these characters? "YES I am the teacher of the 3rd grade", (lets practice communication and decorum before you destroy my reputation as a serious intellect) and lets go to recess now, exercise the bitterness off of the sour milk last hour and turn to phonics and cursive writing, next subject.
edit on 18-6-2013 by vethumanbeing because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

reply to post by vethumanbeing

Four words: faith in the self. Atheism is simply a redirection of faith, faith in that which is known. At least my atheism.
edit on 17-6-2013 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

This your personal viewpoint. Atheism in and of itself doesn't have anything to do with self esteem. There are all kinds of atheists. There is no doctrine of self worth inherently included in non belief of deities.

Nope NOT ME Vethumanbeing you are responding to but YOUR MENTOR. Maybe you will recieve a reply.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by vethumanbeing

No, my dear, my comment wasn't in response to you, and AI is NOT my mentor. Carry on!

new topics

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join