It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Look who's squealing now: GMO lovers freak over new study of sick pigs

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Turq1

...even the most casual readers should have an understanding.

"casual reader" and "an understanding" are mutually exclusive in almost any well developed science or art. it would be wonderful if everyone did have an understanding, tho, because food is everyone's business.

so, we have a situation where everyone has (and is entitled to) an opinion. but the vast majority of them have very little to say that is of any use. perhaps the word "lemmings" is unkind. but, it just so happens to be the case.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by markosity1973

the smartest thing anyone can say in this discussion is, "we simply do not know."

And that is the most honest and straightforward answer I would expect from a scientist.

As you have asserted, I too believe that the possibility of something going wrong is low. I am also of the belief (and please correct me if I am mistaken) that there is a 50 / 50 chance of something beneficial coming out of it too i.e if GMO food were to have an unexpected effect on us, it might just cure something or make us healthier or better in some unexpected way.

I would still prefer to have the food labelled so I and those of us who are a little dubious can make informed choices when we buy a product though.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

this could all have been avoided if you didn't cop your whiney little attitude about lemmings and sheeple

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

Originally posted by Philippines

Originally posted by AuranVector
reply to post by Philippines

S&F But of course, I'm one of those people who is convinced TPTB are poisoning us on purpose.

Soft kill towards "The Culling."

Perhaps this is true. How do you prepare for long term effects of this possibility?

Where does your water come from?

I'm a very skeptical person =D

If you’re new to the world of conspiracies, I would recommend you read “How The World Really Works” by Alan B. Jones for a quick overview of the basic conspiracies:

www.amazon.com...

There’s also the classic Jim Marrs book, “Rule by Secrecy.”

www.amazon.com...

I also consider “Rise of the Fourth Reich” to especially important in showing the links between TPTB, the Bilderberger Nazis, IG Farben, and Big Pharma:

www.amazon.com...

Listen to Dr. Rima Laibow on the Codex Alimentarius:

search.yahoo.com...;_ylt=AqmcIykGCKkGT_n9YqjDXqmbvZx4?fr=fp-yie8-s&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&p=codex%20alimentarius

Read the conspiracy theories around Codex Alimentarius:

educate-yourself.org...

There are some excellent videos (Netflix) on our food industry & alternative cures:

“Food, Inc.”

movies.yahoo.com...

“The Gerson Miracle”

www.amazon.com...

Read up on natural health cures:

drrimatruthreports.com...

There are so many books & websites on alternative cures, I would not have time to list them all.
Check out the ATS archives on Medical conspiracies, etc.

I buy my water at Whole Foods (I bring my own containers).

I gave you a star for your effort and thought in putting that response together =)

I do my best to live outside of all of those concerns, though I know outsiders worldwide seek resources to keep the machine going.

But buying water at Whold Foods? Why not collect, well, or filter/purify your own? (I use spring water)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Over 80% of allll antibiotics manufactured in America are used in.....animals used for food.

It's like they are TRYING to create a antibiotic resistant disease to infect the food supply.

Not surprised the GM crops that produce their own Round Up Toxins are making the pigs bellies go bad.

Poisoned food will do that to you.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
i'd be willing to bet those inflammation cases appear in humans too if we were able to study it, hell i'd even offer to be a subject considering in the past 4 years i have developed severe acid reflux and IBS seemingly out of nowhere

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
Over 80% of allll antibiotics manufactured in America are used in.....animals used for food.

It's like they are TRYING to create a antibiotic resistant disease to infect the food supply.

Not surprised the GM crops that produce their own Round Up Toxins are making the pigs bellies go bad.

Poisoned food will do that to you.

There is also transgenic GMO food specifically for animal consumption and not human consumption. Do the animals in farms also drink tap water?

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

The biggest problem with GMO foods is that we simply don't know either way whether they cause harm or not.

Can you explain why there is any reason to think that GMO foods might cause harm?

excellent question, my dear Champion of "sanity"
perhaps history is not your strong suit?

The Monsanto company was created in 1901 by John Francis Queeny, a Knight of the Order of Malta. "In 1967, Monsanto entered into a joint venture with IG Farben. (The) German chemical firm that was the financial core of the Hitler regime, and was the main supplier of Zyklon-B to the German government during the extermination phase of the Holocaust." Prince Bernhard was working during his nazi time for IG-Farben and was also a Knight of the Order of Malta. De code name for Prince Bernhard during the was "Agent Orange", the same name as the poison used in vietnam during the vietnam war. Coincidence?

THE DARK SIDE OF MONSANTO

Right now, there is probably no other company that is doing more to endanger the health of this planet, and it's inhabitants, than Monsanto. With Nazi-like attitude, they are leading the world in shear destructive evil greed. First they were a drug company, and then they expanded to become a drugs and genetic engineering company, and now Monsanto is attempting to acquire water rights in countries with water shortages in a move to control the people's basic means of survival, and production of the global food supply. Giant transnational corporations like Monsanto, in collusion with the World Bank and the World Trade Organization, seek to commodify and privatize the world's water and put it on the open market for sale to the highest bidder. Millions of the world's citizens are being deprived of this fundamental human right, and vast ecological damage is being wrought as massive industry claims water once used to sustain communities and replenish nature.
nstarzone.com...

The Codex, Fluoride, Auschwitz, Monsanto Connection
By Barbara H. Peterson

Farm Wars

What do Codex Alimentarius with its official food standards, the fluoridation of our water and food supply, genocide at the Auschwitz concentration camp, and Monsanto, the company responsible for genetically altering the world’s food supply all have in common? Is there a connection that binds these seemingly diverse organizations together? Yes, there is. In fact, they are so inextricably bound that separating them is all but impossible.

Let’s start at the beginning with Auschwitz and connect the dots.
farmwars.info...

Concerned citizens from all over the political spectrum have long been wary of biotech firm Monsanto, the closest thing to an evil mad science organization that we have, and the one thing that conspiracy theorists might actually be right about. Monsanto mostly controls the corn supply of Earth, and has come under criticism for its genetic manipulation of nature so as to obtain corporate ownership of the actual concept of corn. But whatever evil Monsanto gets up to these days is just old habits dying hard.

The officially sanctioned history of Monsanto clarifies that they only "share the name and history of a company that was founded in 1901," which is kind of like saying that the only things you share with the person who wore your trousers yesterday are the same name, memories and identity. The timeline begins with the company's invention of saccharine in 1901, then leaps bafflingly over the entire 20th century until the '90s, when they invented Frankencorn.
To call Agent Orange a herbicide is of course to give it too little credit, as Monsanto achieved their goal of "killing all the plants" by inventing a chemical that would kill every life form that touched it or saw it or thought about it too hard.

Since then, Monsanto has been the target of endless lawsuits from families of the million-odd people who were killed or deformed by Agent Orange, but Monsanto's stock response has always been "We were forced to do it. Also, Agent Orange is harmless." Lately, this has been followed by "Buy our corn."
6-bizarre-origins-famous-companies

Over Monsanto's 110-year history (1901-2013), Monsanto Co (MON.N), the world's largest seed company, has evolved from primarily an industrial chemical concern into a pure agricultural products company. MON profited $2 billion dollars in 2009, but their record profits fell to only $1 billion in 2010 after activists exposed Monsanto for doing terribly evil acts like suing good farmers and feeding uranium to pregnant women. Below is a timeline of Monsanto's dark history.

Monsanto, best know today for its agricultural biotechnology GMO products, has a long and dirty history of polluting this country and others with some of the most toxic compounds known to humankind. From PCBs to Agent Orange to Roundup, we have many reasons to question the motives of this evil corporation that claims to be working to reduce environmental destruction and feed the world with its genetically engineered GMO food crops. Monsanto has been repeatedly fined and ruled against for, among many things: mislabeling containers of Roundup, failing to report health data to EPA, plus chemical spills and improper chemical deposition.

The name Monsanto has since, for many around the world, come to symbolize the greed, arrogance, scandal and hardball business practices of many multinational corporations. A couple of historical factoids not generally known: Monsanto was heavily involved during WWII in the creation of the first nuclear bomb for the Manhattan Project via its facilities in Dayton Ohio and called the Dayton Project headed by Charlie Thomas, Director of Monsanto's Central Research Department (and later Monsanto President) and it operated a nuclear facility for the federal government in Miamisburg, also in Ohio, called the Mound Project until the 80s.

bestmeal.info...

Timeline of Monsanto's Dark History
bestmeal.info...
saccharin
polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)
polystyrene

(still widely used in food packaging and other consumer products), which is ranked 5th in the EPA's 1980s listing of chemicals whose production generates the most total hazardous waste.

herbicide 2,4,5-T, which contains dioxin
Agent Orange
and now glyphosate
[i left out a few others]
etc.,etc.,etc.

once is happenstance, twice is "coincidence",
three times?

Ken Cook of the Environmental Working Group says that based on the Monsanto documents made public, Monsanto "knew the truth from the very beginning. They lied about it. They hid the truth from their neighbors." One Monsanto memo explains their justification: "We can't afford to lose one dollar of business." Eventually Monsanto was found guilty of conduct "so outrageous in character and extreme in degree as to go beyond all possible bounds of decency so as to be regarded as atrocious and utterly intolerable in civilized society".
1934: "I recognized my two selves: a crusading idealist and a cold, granitic believer in the law of the jungle" - Edgar Monsanto Queeny, Monsanto chairman, 1943-63, "The Spirit of Enterprise"

monsanto, it's executives, and stockholders have long outlived their welcome on this planet

and that is a FACT, not an opinion.

OT: would you happen to be a closet transhumanist?
[it would explain your "blindspot" regarding the subject]
edit on 20-6-2013 by TheMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philippines

Originally posted by tgidkp

horizontal gene transfer is fairly common. the human genome is chock-full of LINE elements and others which did not originate in primates. the problem is that, considering the mechanisms of genomic housekeeping and transcription, the probability of a viable (let alone toxic) transcriptional product is practically unthinkable.

but what you've said here hints at, IMO, one of the few legitimate biological concerns that shoud really be looked at. the focus of molecular biology for decades has been transcription products (proteins). but the fringes of the science have been discovering the profound effect of nucleotide oligomers as transcription factors (epigenetics).

it seems plausible to me that foreign nonsense non-coding sequences of DNA or RNA diffusing through the body (after miraculously remaining intact through the gut) could cause disruptions in genetic regulation as transcription factors. its a long shot, but its worth considering.

Thanks for those insights. Can you please break that down for the average person to understand?

"You are what you eat."

also look into the "pseudoscience" of Pleomorphism

P.S. F&S

edit on 20-6-2013 by TheMagus because: fixed bbcode

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by swordsandpens

I think this is absolutely true . All the added crap and over processing,has turned food into garbage .
GMO everything ,HFCS in everything ,toxic wheat ,carageenan ,antibiotics ,steroids .
Most food today isn't even food anymore.
It's absolutely why IBS ,colitis , celiac and other GI diseases are off the charts now .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join