It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Islam shallow for using sex in heaven as it’s main draw for Muslim men?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am
Is Islam shallow for using sex in heaven as it’s main draw for Muslim men?

Actually, it's no more shallow than the other religions' views of "riches in heaven". At the time, the number of wives was an indicator of how "rich" a man was. Each wife came with a dowry. I don't think, at the time, it was about sex but the ability to procreate, which translated into sons, which in turn translated into riches.

As with any religious teaching, I believe it's important that we understand the customs of the time that they were written. For a really good indoctrination into the customs of the time, read The Red Tent.. and no, I'm not the author.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

THE RED TENTwas an awesome book, I read it twice...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Who cares what is believed in islam - Mohammed was a paedophile - one of his wives was 8 years old! How people can worship a paedophile is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   
People don't want to put forth the effort to understand the reasoning behind historical texts and therefore approach them from a modern perspective. Ignorance abounds.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Yes they were angels whom took physical form and committed a sin in the sight of god, Read the book of Enoch it is interesting but we can ascertain that the angels are our elder sibling's and there fore these were committing a very vile act in the sight of God when they abused there position, of course it could be interpreted that they were god's children from else were just more advanced than us and they created hybrids.

Let the children come unto me for such is the kingdom of heaven, children don't lust until early adolescence so another passage that indicates sex has no place in heaven,.

The Bride of the lord is the city of New Jerusalem so unless we develop some very strange architectural attraction I think that is another.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Personally, as a woman beyond 'menstrual cycles' (which status I embrace and was hard-won, by the way) and fertility (but having willingly and lovingly given birth to a boy and a girl who are now healthy, balanced young adults),
this description (whether right or wrong in its interpretation of the verse in question) sounds to me like being a female Muslim means an eternal subjugation to sex-crazed maniacs and absolute HORROR.

I think it sounds like "hell" for women. Do women have a separate "paradise" they can choose? Where they don't have to tolerate female cat-fights, mean girls, or eternal rape by deceased "men"?

I understand that many Muslims believe this 'terrorist motivation' they describe as 'heaven' is not held by all Muslims....

but is there a 'female' version for Muslim women that equates to it? Like....if you die a Muslim martyr you don't have to put up with men wanting sex every instant of eternity, OR deal with competitive, jealous, gold-digging wannabe wives??

Please?

I'm with smyleegirl on this one. No, thank you.
Slug it is.

edit on 15-6-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

DL, I think this is the first post of yours that I agree with. Congrats to both of us

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Obviously those weren't angels. Angels are created beings of pure spirit. Jesus Himself says that angels don't get married or have sex. So those in your quote either had to be off world organic creatures .. or the story didn't happen at all (which is entirely possible since there are tons of old testament myths ...)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Obviously those weren't angels. Angels are created beings of pure spirit. Jesus Himself says that angels don't get married or have sex. So those in your quote either had to be off world organic creatures .. or the story didn't happen at all (which is entirely possible since there are tons of old testament myths ...)

Actually, the Bible's deluge story is a retelling of the ancient Sumarian text deluge story. But we disgress from the topic, so I'll leave it at that.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

There are a lot of similarity's between the two story's especially the flood and Noah figure but they are not actually identical and while it is 'Assumed' it may have been integrated by the (Wealthy) Jew's whom were taken captive (the poor one's like shepherds continued to pray in the older way and gave rise to the Samaritans whom are actually also Jew's despite the disagreements), the evidence is far from conclusive and if looking anthropologically it would be far more likely for the tales to have been maintained independently and to have developed there variations in the retelling as there people's diverged earlier, weather or not anything prior to the story of Abraham really deserved to be included in the bible is another matter as the religion we follow began with Abraham and his renunciation of his house god's and his devotion to the one god.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Correct they are called son's of god not angel's but the term Nephilim is used to refer to there hybrid offspring,
en.wikipedia.org...
The article does make that connection but refers to them as fallen (no longer spiritually ascended)

Now as an angel you are not a slave so some may have chosen to keep there original form or a facsimile of it and they caused the problem but they were meant to as if we accept god is real and all knowing he must therefore know the outcome of all event's only interfering when he deems it necessary to do so as his own interactions alter the future and since he gets all our souls back anyway it can be perceived that we are here to play our part in creation and it is our job to do the best we can, Accepting god's will however hard it may be for us to understand is a fundamental part of believing in god that even the most die hard fundamentalist must struggle with sometimes.
edit on 15-6-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Actually, the Bible's deluge story is a retelling of the ancient Sumarian text deluge story.

Yep. A lot of that old testament stuff is just retellings from Sumarian and Egyptian texts.
On the other hand, we have what Jesus Himself said ... angels do not marry and do not procreate
and when people die they become like the angels. So ... that's pretty much the authority
when it comes to Christianity, I'd think. No sex in heaven. There would be no need.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

Angels are pure spirits. They can not procreate. Not with their own species (angels). Not with other species. It's not possible. So the nephilim either were aliens, or that is just a mythological story that didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Maccaron.Shakaron

...and is only based on Hadiths that cant be proven to be authentic and a mistranslation of the Quran.

The Hadiths aren't a translation of the Quran; they're the traditions and teachings of Mohammed. It's sort of like the Talmud and Mishna to the Jews.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent75

It was the Sons of God that laid with women. The offspring were the Nephilim. Genesis 6:4 points to that.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SoEpic

How people can worship a paedophile is beyond me.

Muslims don't worship Mohammed. He is just, in their opinion, the last and seal of the prophets, through whom Allah wanted to "correct the corrupted" revelation.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maccaron.Shakaron
Well sorry to burst your hateful little bubble but that entire belief has no basis in the Holy Quran and is only based on Hadiths ....

Originally posted by octotom
The Hadiths aren't a translation of the Quran; they're the traditions and teachings of Mohammed.

... which are held in very high esteem because, after all, Muhammad supposedly is God's messenger so anything he said has to be believed and/or respected. To say these teachings aren't true is to insult Muhammad, and them thar's fight'n words for most Muslims. So for the folks to say that this isn't what Islam believes because it's not in the Qu'ran ... that's simply not true. It's believed and defended.

Side note - I also would choose 'slug' over the afterlife Muhammad invented.

edit on 6/15/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I believe I've heard before that there is an equivalent paradise for Muslim women; though it has nothing to do with virgin guys. My memory is foggy on this though. It should also be pointed out that, at least from what I've heard before on this issue, it's not Muslim woman that the males get. Rather, Allah creates the virgins from scratch; they're like a different class of beings. In other words, the 72 virgins wouldn't be people that have also died.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
Muslims don't worship Mohammed.

Try telling the truth that Muhammad was a thief and a murderer to a group of Muslims in Saudi Arabia. See how fast they threaten to cut off your head. THAT is worship!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Jesus Himself says that angels don't get married or have sex

No. Jesus said that angels don't marry. He said nothing about them not having the capability—especially if they've assumed human form—to have sex.

Sex is supposed to happen within the bounds of marriage, yes. But even we as humans don't follow that rule, do we?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join