It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of the UFO hoax threads are actually started by the hoaxers themselves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I was sitting and thinking to myself yesterday about UFO's/alien beings and other related stuff, and then these thoughts came into my head....

How many of the people who create some of the hoax UFO video's that we all watch and post from Youtube and other websites do you think are actually members of ATS?

How many of these hoaxers actually take part adding posts to threads?

How many of the UFO hoax threads are actually started by the hoaxers themselves?

Do they add threads on ATS? Do they then have a good laugh with their mates over a few beers as they watch all the tittle tattle, debating and squabbling going on amongst people who are supposed to be all searching for what is really going on out there in the skies?

Does it make a difference?

Are you really angry that people saturate the web with totally unwanted, hoax film footage instead of seeking the truth like the rest of us who are trying to find the real truth behind unidentified flying objects....

Just a thought, I just wondered what you all thought out there in ATS world...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear

Very, very few.

Virtually all of the hoax threads are posted by long standing members of ATS, while most hoaxers (at least of videos and photos) don't tend to indulge in that hobby for very long - with a few notable and well-known exceptions.

Over the last decade or so, I've had quite a bit of contact with numerous hoaxers. Few of them posted on ATS. There are plenty of other people prepared to post videos and photos on here without looking into the source first, so the hoaxers don't need to bother themselves...

edit on 15-6-2013 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
How lonely and sad of a life would you have to lead to think up a hoax?
People who need to lie to feel important (even for a moment on the internet) are the ones I pity most....

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Three actually.

Nah, just kidding.

It's just that you expect someone to come up with a number?

edit on 15-6-2013 by MadMax7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MadMax7
Three actually.

Nah, just kidding.

It's just that you expect someone to come up with a number?

edit on 15-6-2013 by MadMax7 because: (no reason given)

That is the same kind of answer that I would have given to the title of the thread..........Mmmmmmm, I would have said twenty-seven though........hahaha.............

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by davethebear

I've seen a couple that I remember that were hoaxes made by the thread starter and a couple where the hoaxer has joined to defend their hoax and failed so I'd agree that its not really an issue here .

Does it make a difference?

I don't think it does as youtube is awash with UFO hoaxes and groups that promote hoaxes and we link to those daily giving them the hits and revenue they desire , at least if the hoaxers come here they can't censor the replies they get

edit on 15-6-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

the exact number would be 3.14

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Some times i think that the people who make the hoaxes didn't even mean them to be hoaxes. I know in the past ive made pictures and bits of video with CGI flying saucers in them just to test / learn how to use certain programs. Ive posted the results saying they are CGI but it would not surprise me if someone has then taken the pics or video and presented them as the real thing.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Count up all of the hoax threads that were originally posted in the Introduction Forum, but then moved by Mods into a different Forum, and you will have your answer.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Its pretty clear to me that not all the UFO hoax videos and so on actually begin life as a genuine attempt to mislead people into believing that a real world event has occurred. Many are simply excersizes in digital arts, which wind up being re-edited, re-titled, and re-branded as such attempts. Some people actually use the reactions people have, to these examples of digital art, as a measure of the progress of thier talent.

There ARE people who hoax deliberately, with no other intent other than to confuse the issue, muddy the water. I think it would be quite hard to figure out how many of these things are being done on an organised basis, and how many are personally motivated somehow, but I am sure that both happen.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Over the last decade or so, I've had quite a bit of contact with numerous hoaxers.

You don't happen to know thirdphaseofmoon or someone equally notorious by any chance?
The sheer amount of their output always makes me wonder what it is that makes them tick. I wrote them an email about it, but never got a reply.

reply to post by BrokenCircles

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Count up all of the hoax threads that were originally posted in the Introduction Forum, but then moved by Mods into a different Forum, and you will have your answer.

That's a clever idea actually, should give you a rough estimate.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I've wondered this as well.

Many times we see someone come storming out of nowhere, post a link to some retarded video and "ask the experts" for opinions and comments.

A common denominator though, at least something I've noticed, is these people have been registered since 2007, have very low post counts and very little interaction on any other threads and really offer no legit reason for suddenly deciding to become involved.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
It's 42!

Oops .... no, sorry... that's how many roads a man must walk down.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
From my experience on here I'd say the amount of threads started by the hoaxers themselves would be in the minority.

Originally posted by davethebear

Are you really angry that people saturate the web with totally unwanted, hoax film footage instead of seeking the truth like the rest of us who are trying to find the real truth behind unidentified flying objects....

No, I don't get angry at hoaxers, I get annoyed at the people that surf YouTube for UFO videos, come across a thirdphaseofmoon or ADG video and post it here. They're the ones that are saturating the web (or this forum) with nonsense. They do no research, lack critical thinking skills, and are basically just a human aggregator for all things UFO related.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Nice point OP. S&F. Who the feck are some of these people. The way I see it is, do I come here and post sh*t, like some barely even imaginative video of something, particularly one with an advert in front of it? No, so I can't be the only person who is a member and day by day does not feel inclined to pick out some video we "haven't seen". So there is some type of person that creates this, and weeding it out - the sooner the better really.

Thoughts are good. The other day I began thinking on some kind of scale, basically, a bull# scale for UFO's. They say 95% of it is sh*t, we need to become more adept at knowing for certain what that 95% of sh*t is. And trust me, I get fooled by some of the hoax videos. Watching the videos will lead to being fooled. They're nothing on personal experiences. People shouldn't seek the videos.

Those in the know are probably looking more closely at the witness reports and individual or written sightings.

The videos present a hype market, viral campaigns, advertising, bad CGI etc. Reading some reports and into the facts a bit seems to yield a deeper "feeling" and understanding than watching the majority of "AN LIGHT OVER AN VATICAN" these days, for me, at least.

We're only going to progress on this mysterious subject no matter who tries to interject. Whatever extent of hoax people and paid shills are up to will never come in between what's actually going on. The Decepticons may interfere but how can they win? This mystery is clearly derived from love, intrigue, curiosity and understanding. If not on the universal scale, for us humans for a while now at least, which is enough to make me think we can be smarter than be fooled by hoax videos day in day out.

Do I seem frustrated? Sorry, not enough crop circles yet

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Thanks guys for adding your thoughts and other items of interest about the UFO hoax video's here on ATS....

The responses to the thread were quite diverse and made me think more about what I am actually supposedly looking at when I do see a UFO video displayed here on ATS....

In all fairness I don't think that we will truly know how many of the hoax video makers are actually members of ATS. Some of you believe that it is probably only a small minority that are actually associated with ATS. At the end of the day it all still creates some kind of interest when certain videos come to light, and without these videos there would be no arguments or discussions that condemn them as being hoax or in fact the real deal...

Here's to the next batch of CGI and the real deal contenders in the future..............CHEERS

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Create an obvious hoax to divert attention from a legitimate event. They do it all the time with conspiracy theories.
You really have to laugh at the ones who do nothing but decry conspiracy theories. If you check into them you see they do nothing but support anything and everything the government does and make post after post saying " everything is fine".
Not a bad gig to have a job where you shovel BS on the internet all day.

new topics

top topics

join