It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janet Napolitano Denies Existence of ‘Orwellian State’

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Here we go again.

More toned down garbage from a high government official.

Now Janet is saying all this NSA data mining is not a big deal

Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano weighed in on the NSA intelligence leaks on Friday, telling NY1 that fears over government surveillance were overblown.

“I think people have gotten the idea that there’s an Orwellian state out there that somehow we’re operating in. That’s far from the case,” she told Errol Louis during an appearance on Road to City Hall.

Despite civil liberties advocates’ fears that monitoring efforts have gone too far, “there are lots of protections built into the system,” Ms. Napolitano said, pointing to a privacy office embedded in her own department that is “constantly reviewing our policies and procedures.” She further stressed the court review system.

If She says it's NOT 'Orwellian', then look out.......that really means it IS for real !!

She is known to be a classic double-talker two-faced two-timer

“No one should believe that we are simply going willy-nilly and using any kind of data that we can gather,” she said.
""willy-nilly"" ??

Watch O-U-T

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
She would!

Don't worry, she's just trying to tell us that an Orwellian paradigm isn't a big deal and that we're overreacting. That's a weight off my shoulders, let me tell ya.

Ms. Napolitano added that striking the right balance between security and civil liberties is always a challenge.

Oh yeah, don't tip those scales too fast--gotta do it delicately.

edit on 15-6-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Whenever the slime in DC starts talking like this, I am reminded of this clip. . .

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:52 AM
link   

This just popped up into my feed... Very good speech regarding the recent discussion on the defense department.

Of course, NDAA.. Patriotic Act... Espionage Act (Killed journalism, almost a hundred years ago) - we'll just leave those out of the picture.

What I like about Verizon giving *all* phone calls is, this reminds politicians that they can be blackmailed too.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Well, I think she denied common sense and any concept of moderation to her actions a long time ago.

She's learned to deny almost everything but ignorance. (
)

She is swimming in that while taking her extended power trip to only she knows where for how much farther all this goes in over-security to insanity.

Why not deny this too? I think she lies when the truth would serve her better, frequently. She sure won't admit to something negative. Aunt Janet doesn't make mistakes. Reality just needs an adjustment to accommodate her greatness occasionally.
edit on 15-6-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

I'm shocked that people would even give such stupid statements any consideration. The fact that there is an unaccountable "court", that elected officials don't have access to any accountability method, and that the president himself has enacted a draconian "secrecy privilege" to prevent having to give any accountability is ITSELF PROOF of an Orwellian state!

When there is no accountability for the people who have elected officials to represent them, you have a totalitarian Orwellian state and no denial of it by some ignorant lackey is going to change that fact.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:12 PM
link   

police man: "move along, nothing to see here"
we know full where there is something going on.

what troubles me is how this is all so blatant now.. this is all going way beyond the realm of storing food and heading for the hills

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:49 PM
link   

What protections, Ms. Napolitano?
Oh, you didn't list any? Shocking.

Ya, it's exactly Orwellian. Try reading the damn book that gave life to the term Orwellian.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by UNIT76

police man: "move along, nothing to see here"
we know full where there is something going on.

Yes and if you're in NY, keep moving. Because if you annoy the cop you might end up in big trouble!

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Of course they will deny it - right up until - The Night of the Long Knives.

TPTB in this country now are a bunch of Nazi Fascist Scumbag criminals.

The Mafia has a better more loyal code of ethics than these idiot clowns in DC.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   
He should be removed from office, immediately. Nap is NOT qualified to be a low level coffee grabber for the DHS let alone the secretary. *Walks away in disgust*

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
We do live in an Orwellian state now. I don't want to live in a surveillance state like this. I don't want to live under the patriot act. Do you? Janet Napolitano is wrong and most people I work with agree. I think there's going to be some big changes in the next election. This is going to be a flash point.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by amazing
We do live in an Orwellian state now. I don't want to live in a surveillance state like this. I don't want to live under the patriot act. Do you? Janet Napolitano is wrong and most people I work with agree. I think there's going to be some big changes in the next election. This is going to be a flash point.

There will be changes in 2016 only to make you feel better about the situation, but in reality nothing will change.

O was put into place to make huge sweeping changes because he can get away with it somehow.

This plan of Dominance over the world population and gutting the constitution has been in place for many many years but is now really winding up.

You must understand that the govts of the world or should I say the UN, they dont think we the individuals know what is best for us, and maybe we dont as a whole population of earth.

Either TPTB know something big that we dont, or they just want to pull the Hitler wool over the eyes of the entire world with the end game with the entire world under complete control of the UN or the like.

Modern Individuals from well to do countries mostly just live in a shallow daily existance of self or family absorbance and pretty much forget the rest of the world as a whole. 1/3 of the world population is starving, no clean water and birth rates are out of control.

Still I dont think that is the real reason, for the latest draconian tactics, and at least we dont have O's million man army yet.

Its not the terrorist threat either IMO. I think the latest tactics are in place for population control and the ultimate controls in the USA will probably grow out of Obamacare.

edit on 16-6-2013 by fishy6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:20 PM
link   

If She says it's NOT 'Orwellian', then look out.......that really means it IS for real !!

She is known to be a classic double-talker two-faced two-timer

X, this is quite a stretch, she is probably trying to be as publicly unbiased as possible. You could attribute any state of governance to our current political governance to this. She is merely concerned with re-election. My concern is further implications that could lead to an Orwellian state.

We won't experience an Orwellian state for at least two decades,what Troubles me most is the infrastructure already exists for an Orwellian state.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   
If Ms. Napolitano stands behind Her statement of this not being an Orwellian State, I wonder if she would be willing to comment on the current Surveillance State

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
At the end of the day somebody needs to tell the corruption in Washington that is not what they "think" or how they "feel" is how we the tax payer and voters think and feel because we are the ones in majority in the nation.
I guest the morons forgot that one or doesn't want us to know that majority rules.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   

So more hope and change coming in the next election! Hmm. Sounds like history repeating itself again.
Are we really so ignorant to think we can elect change? The only way we can change things is if we get off of our arses and make our leaders accountable for their actions! Until then talk is all we are and change will bring us down!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Yeah "big" changes. As in the faces will all change, but what is underneath will be EXACTLY the same. Maybe if the media didn't blackball the third parties your statement could hold some merit, but if a politician has a 'D' or an 'R' behind their name, don't expect anything different then previously.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

What really stands out is that aside from brief news interviews and Q&A sessions with a congressman here and there, no one has made an attempt to talk directly to the nation in depth. It's like Obama and the NSA and all those in between are just sitting back waiting for us to tire of the subject and then, they'll pick it up where they left off.

Instead of the president addressing the nation on something that stirred so much concern, it's like we've been prescribed a double dose of media indoctrination with two polls per day at bedtime until the symptoms clear up.

Those in power don't give a flying rat's ass what we think. They've already got us locked away in the security state asylum.
edit on 17-6-2013 by redoubt because: edit

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join