It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facebook Releases Data, Including All National Security Requests

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:28 AM
link   
1 in 20 million

— Chance of dying in a terrorist attack in the United States from 2007 to 2011, according to Richard Barrett, coordinator of the United Nations al Qaeda/Taliban Monitoring Team. Read more: swampland.time.com...

Over the last week, in press statements as well as Mark’s post last Friday, we’ve repeatedly called for governments worldwide to be willing to provide more details about programs aimed at keeping the public safe. We’ve also urged them to allow companies to divulge appropriate information about government orders and requests that we receive, in a manner that does not compromise legitimate security concerns. Requests from law enforcement entities investigating national security-related cases are by their nature classified and highly sensitive, and the law traditionally has placed significant constraints on the ability of companies like Facebook to even confirm or acknowledge receipt of these requests – let alone provide details of our responses. We’ve reiterated in recent days that we scrutinize every government data request that we receive –

newsroom.fb.com...

-including political/personal data..That can be used like...ten/50 years from now...

1 in 20 million ...No wonder forums like ATS are getting popular.

edit on 15-6-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:44 AM
link   
what did you expect ? farcebook was founded on C(aught) I(n the) A(cts) blood and drug money ... they're been monitoring farcebook from the start and still do monitor farcebook .. getting the return on their investment ... never have never will use farcebook .. the bastards want to know what I'm up to then they will have to actually work to find out ..

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Just nasty when they "try" explain it with corporate talk.
willing to provide more details about programs aimed at keeping the public safe.
So lame..
I don't like corporate talk, it makes me nervous, like I should have a lawyer on stand bye..

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Sometimes comedy offers the most clear glimpse of the reality.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

What is this? A link would be helpful. I want to analyze their double-talk and lies for myself....

OK. Thanks for the edit.

edit on 6/15/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by canucks555

Dear canucks555,

And what might Facebook say? What if the government asked what you posted? What will that change other than people knowing that is does not matter? The big revelation is not that the government tracks us without us knowing, it is that it tracks most without a reason. My father had an unreal security clearance, even his bosses could not ask him certain things. They tracked our family because of that and they should have. Would you say that we should track the families of people who have top secret clearances or not? People post pictures online of them stealing money, should that be ignored, would you want a government that ignored people admitting to crimes? Just asking where you believe the line should be.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:14 AM
link   

These requests run the gamut

What the Sam Hell is a Gamut?? For the love of Moses you'd think they'd have enough etiquette to spell their excuses correctly.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

Problem is..
If this whistle blowing fella didn't "out" everyone" they wouldn't say anything! This thread wouldn't exist.

We obviously cannot trust "them"
Who are they?
-the list goes on and on and on...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

Problem is..
If this whistle blowing fella didn't "out" everyone" they wouldn't say anything! This thread wouldn't exist.

We obviously cannot trust "them"
Who are they?
-the list goes on and on and on...

Dear canuck555,

Actually, this information has been out there for awhile, former NSA agent already pointed this all out.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:21 AM
link   

"Actually, this information has been out there for awhile, former NSA agent already pointed this all out"

-That's Swell

Thanks for your input

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Well, to hear them tell it--and by "them" I mean all the outspoken anti-privacy twitches caught up in this PRISM mess--they're worse than useless to the US spy apparatus. To hear them tell it, all the data they collect on us is safer than our own mother's arms.

We can all let out a big sigh of relief now. To hear them tell it, they're just collecting all of our private data for no other purpose than to be sure it's in a safe place where the USGov/NSA/CIA/DIA/ABC/XYZ can never get at it. That's good enough for me....

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555

"Actually, this information has been out there for awhile, former NSA agent already pointed this all out"

-That's Swell

Thanks for your input

Dear canucks555,

No, really, the guy that designed the program came out and said that it was being used on Americans years ago. Look it up. Nobody seemed to care when it came out originally. Are you truly surprised that all our electronic messages are monitored? If hackers can read our e-mails, shouldn't we agree that the government can too? Why wouldn't they read them?

top topics

join