It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My parting shot for tonight... I hope the NSA reads this.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
So, as we are all aware, the NSA is hacking our phones. Maybe they aren't "listening" per se, but if they read our texts I hope they recorded the message conversation my wife and I had this evening...

The setup: My wife and I had gas station teriyaki this evening. My wife has a bum knee, so sometimes we text just to save her from having to get up. I hadn't finished my dinner, but I wandered back into my office and plopped down (on ATS of course
please tip your mods, waiters and waitresses on the way out...). She says she hates bugging me while I am in my office, but about an hour later (no stereotypical inference) she sends me a text and the conversation ensues... (keep in mind that we both deplore not getting that last word in...)

MrsMe: Baby.....

MrMe: Yes dear... (rolling eyes thinking "great, what does she want now")

MrsMe: Are you gonna eat your rice? (loaded question... means she either wants it, or wants me to put it in the fridge. Both options irritate me...)

MrMe: Not at the moment

MrsMe: Can I have it? (I knew it)

MrMe: It's all yours

MrsMe: Thank you thank you yum yum

MrMe: You are welcome

MrsMe: Call it a gift

MrMe: Oh $%!* I'm sorry

MrsMe: Sorry for what??

MrMe: Your mom said you always opened your Flag Day gifts in the morning. I forgot. I am sorry. Happy Flag Day anyway

MrsMe: You are an a$$ho!e!

MrMe: I'm telling the NSA on you

Its a sad testament to the state of affairs... but I hope an analyst reads it blows coffee out of his nose and shorts out his keyboard...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Why bother telling the NSA on her? Why would anybody waste their time reporting something that happened in the US to the NSA?

They already knew about it, as it was happening in real time. You don't have to waste your time letting them know.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Dear madmac5150,

Because of what my father and relatives were involved in (Top Secret clearances for most) I spent my life since 12 knowing that all my calls, correspondence and actions were monitored. Here is what I can tell you, they don't care about you, they don't care if you smoke weed, they don't care if you are cheating on your wife, they don't care about 99.9% of the bad things you and I do. They are looking for specific things for specific reasons. They never told my dad about the things me and my siblings did, that would be against the rules.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

I think despite the clandestine methods the NSA have been using, you are bang on with this post. They don't care about your petty little life, they're more bothered about their establishment and are you gonna kill anyone.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes
reply to post by AQuestion

I think despite the clandestine methods the NSA have been using, you are bang on with this post. They don't care about your petty little life, they're more bothered about their establishment and are you gonna kill anyone.

Exactly!

The average joe is not that important. Unless he triggers specific keywords, you know, says things like how he's severely depressed, hates the government, this fertiliser stinks, boy that was loud, the van is stocked. meet you there..

then they're just as likely to ignore you, as you run around waving your arms screaming the sky is falling the nsa is spying on me!

Still, while there is a lot of confusion as to what really was done and to whom, it pisses me off that they basically got free reign over the organisations they did. Only twitter said "Umm no."

Google, do no evil, till the nsa says "Gimme dem emails nao!"

Not a big follower of the verizon thing, as it's not a service known down here, but in principle they didn't hack.. they asked. the useless conglomerate wankers who made themselves a monopoly, simply let them swank in and grab..

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Yes, that is bad. Respect to twitter though. I didn't know they said no.

new topics

top topics

join