It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The folding bow....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I couldn't agree more DaMod! yeah it's a nice little bow. but as you said Bow hunting is a skill all of it own and requires a far superior level of bushman ship, in order to make that humane Kill possible, I for one would not really recommend that people rush out to get one in the hope it will miraculously provide food, unless they have previously mastered the basic bow hunting skills needed to make a clean kill, in a SHTF or Survival scenario it would be sheer folly to hope that you can take large game without that skill level, it is possible to take large game with a 50-55lbs bow but you are going to have to get right up close and personal with the target, not an easy task at all, SIGHT SOUND & SCENT are the enemies of Success, and even if you can get within 20 yards you will need patience, and the experience to know WHEN to take the shot as a botched release could mean the difference between eating well, wasting precious energy to track an injured animal, or, worst case scenario, dying of starvation, if this mode of hunting is your last resort.

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Nice,but I would rather get an H&R Pardner single shot shotgun for same price or cheaper.It's the same gun Dave says is the very best survival weapon.

www.cheaperthandirt.com...
edit on 28-7-2013 by NLDelta9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NLDelta9
Nice,but I would rather get an H&R Pardner single shot shotgun for same price or cheaper.It's the same gun Dave says is the very best survival weapon.

Isn't that the same one Dave Canterbury used? when he was on about "Sustainability" he used it in one of his videos when talking about 22LR Adapters

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ramadhiman

Originally posted by NLDelta9

Isn't that the same one Dave Canterbury used? when he was on about "Sustainability" he used it in one of his videos when talking about 22LR Adapters

yes it is.Like he said,the versatility of break open shotguns are huge with adapters.

posted on Jul, 31 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by NLDelta9

Thought so! nice robust looking weapon too, definitely worth having, and i seem to remember Dave also extolling the virtues of some after market Brass shot shell cartridges that you can load with pretty much any old stuff topped off with a tallow plug to put meat on the table

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join