It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can our words on ATS make a difference?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Last weekend I flew into a rage and posted a rant, my first one. I called out a hospital by name and attacked their policy of placing their reputation above good patient care. Then I ranted at what I believed to be a real failure in the way they treated a patient with suicidal tendencies. Since it didn't appear anywhere for a little while on ATS, I was wondering if it might be 404'd. Maybe the mods had put it aside for review? I saw that Skeptic came online and I feared he might pass it by a lawyer before taking action on it. However I don't know if he did.

In any case, the rant was allowed. Today in a report about how the various services treated that suicidal girl, everyone was given a fairly clean slate except for the hospital. The report is calling for an independent review of the hospital's policies and procedures.

Now I'm not at all arrogant enough to believe my rant contributed to that decision, because only one person replied to it. Thanks, Voidhawk. However when I looked up the hospital in a search engine a few minutes ago, my rant was third from the top on the first page, so who knows, eh?

A person never really knows who reads what we write. Maybe the people doing the independent review will do a search and read my almost incoherent fury. If they read my rant it just could add to the arsenal of things they consider in bringing about a real policy change at that hospital.

Anyhow I really appreciate that Skeptic and the mods let the post stay up. We just never know if our words make a difference, but at least now there is the opportunity presented that they just could.
edit on 14-6-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Yes they can. They always do even. Just not what you would expect probably

However not so much...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Can our words on ATS make a difference?

Quick answer?

No.

How can people make a difference? Simple...Action and not words.

So many times I read the solution on ATS as "Write Congress" "Protest...but peaceably" "Make signs" "March"..."Blah, Blah, Blah."

Those times are gone my friend. The only reason people get into office now is for big money, power and retirement promises. I trust no one in Govt. Period.

And let's not forget that your words of protest can land you on a list of whatever they decide. No fly, No travel...No right to lawyers, held without reason, charges and indefinitely.

Not enough? How about Obama wanting to pull the trigger on anyone, anywhere, anytime and for whatever reason he decides to dream up at that moment and pass in congress without congress being present?

Words on ATS are just that...words.

Until enough people get off their ass and stop with the words...nothing will change. Because remember...words are now illegal because if they are not on the list of approved words, you are nothing but a terrorist.

Peace

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Can our words make a difference on ats ... no becasue no one wants to listen to an idiot with an opposing people rather burn them on a stake on this site . I guess there is always hope and why I will always express my view even if it goes against the grain
ETA
p.s. I really like that avatar and tell if it is real or photoshopped
edit on 14/6/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomSlave

Thanks. I like my avatar too. (It is mine you're talking about, right?) As for the details of it, you'll have to ask Fort Anthem as he is the one who made it for me.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   

yes it was . none the less one of my more favorite avatars on this site

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Yes. .. . .. .

Because ATS is a Veritable Cornucopia of Information. If you set aside all of the Conspiracies, Aliens and UFOs, there is a TON of Usable Information.

You can find things that will help you survive in the wilderness, politically, and socially.

This is also a HotBed for Highly Skilled individuals that like to share their knowledge.

Yes,. .. . Definitely, Our words can make a difference.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   

So in other words your question is "Can my words make a difference?" Not really, im sure ill just fail if i try. I cant make a difference at all literally speaking
edit on 14-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Tlexlapoca

Hey, why be so down on yourself? It isn't so much what you believe or your confidence (or lack of confidence) in yourself I think. It's whether or not your words can impact others, imo.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Due to reporting some of my experiences, we had tr3b's and black choppers, planes, just flying around out back and leaving in pairs, then arriving in pairs, so surveillance, and odd vehicles following my car. Go to the store, 15 minute drive. Pick up a fancy expensive car in front, and police in the back. Back from the store, police in the front, and the puffy expensive car behind me. Odd knocks on the door and phone taps. Had the internet and tv and phone cut off for hours after picking on the tap and giving him the hero or zero lecture of his life and that only those who serve humanity are hero's and the equality.

So, in the end, what I've come to realize is, they follow my posts, and probably all of our posts. While we're talking to each other, our posts are getting through to them, far faster than a letter to the leader.

I have written many posts to them. I told them what their diapers are full of and that they need to don robes, shave their heads, and serve humanity with tears of repentance and on bended knee. I meant it!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
I can say I've been consistently surprised by the people and overall types of people who don't know ATS exists in RL. The kinds of people who talk about this stuff like we do here and as you note, ATS hits high on Google for threads on some topics almost immediately. Many real world Detective Munch types just aren't half as aware as they think they are, is the conclusion I've come to after several asking me what an ATS is, like maybe I got STD wrong or something.

What has surprised me much more though, are the people I've mentioned it to in nothing but passing, as a site I'm a contributor at and regularly spend time at, who react. Some of the older and in some ways, more influential instructors I've had showed absolutely no hint of interest in the topics we debate about here ..but knew immediately what ATS stood for with a knowing smile. Err.... Small world. Ya just never know who is reading what we write.

(They never mentioned an SN and I never asked.... Knowing would have made debate more than awkward if I knew a current instructor with power over my grade was on the thread as a pure matter of where he also chooses to spend free time. lol)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Ouch. That sounds like a very sobering experience. And after the recent revelations, I too believe they monitor this site and each of us to varying degrees. I would have freaked out if I had been in your shoes.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tlexlapoca

So in other words your question is "Can my words make a difference?" Not really, im sure ill just fail if i try. I cant make a difference at all literally speaking
edit on 14-6-2013 by Tlexlapoca because: (no reason given)

You still need to stand up what you believe in sometimes you can be wrong and look like a jack ass some case on this site i have been proven wrong changed my view and why of thinking about a subject. that is all part of the human experience to learn grow evolve other wise if we didn't the earth would still be flat
edit on 14/6/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

edit on 15/6/13 by freedomSlave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Hey, if this world is just an illusion, as some on here seem to think, then maybe it is really flat at that.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Dear aboutface,

We never know how what we can do will effect others; but, be assured it does. Sometimes not as we intended; but, every one of us makes a difference. I chose not to go into specifics; but, my poor little blog which only has about 2,000 hits a month shocked me on a couple of occasions. I had written about someone who had been killed and it ended up being a top search for this particular event. I was even contacted by the family of the victim who thanked me for what I wrote.

After being contacted by the family, I stopped posting for a bit on my own blog. I started to think about how my words might effect others. On ATS it is about give and take, about putting out our beliefs and getting a response and then responding to those, it is interactive. Sometimes that is good and sometimes it gets out of hand; but, we know this, if we get one response, we effected someone. For most of humanity, most people never traveled further than about 20 miles from home in their lives, few could read and only the most important thoughts were conveyed worldwide. Today anyone can post something and be read worldwide. My blog is read in Russia regularly (I have no idea why or by whom), it is read in Israel, it is read in China, it is read worldwide. Videos go viral and news reports and sent worldwide to everyone who wishes to read them. Your words matter, all of ours do and if we say something novel worth being spread wide, it will happen.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by aboutface

Hey, if this world is just an illusion, as some on here seem to think, then maybe it is really flat at that.

lol well it looks pretty flat from my perspective especially over in saskatchewan aah to have been chris hatfeild for a day looking down from so far above even for 10 minutes

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Brilliant. STD is exactly the way someone looked at me when I mentioned ATS too! Among the people I know, many are just so darn busy and tired that they don't have much time to read up on stuff. Others I know are so stressed out from work pressures that to add a CT to their intake valve would only contribute negatively to their overall health. However they do listen about preparedness and survival things at least.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Of course our words can make a difference here!
This is the litmus test, the responses here give the PTB a sampling of what the general public is thinking.
ATS is a datamine, careful what personal details you give away.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I think our words here on ATS do make a difference. Any time we get the word out about the things that are going on in this world, it makes TPTB shake in their boots. Even if our words only reach a limited audience, at least the people who have read our threads will leave a little bit more enlightened.

Not every thread has to be groundbreaking info either. Sometimes its the little things that make the biggest impact on people's lives. I've gotten more compliments for this thread than for any thread I've posted exposing the evil designs of TPTB.

As for aboutface's avatar; Its just a cool pic I found online and re-sized into an avatar. I have no idea if its shopped.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Hi Fort! So nice to see you. I read your ice cream thread until I lost my appetite,

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join