It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Last week was RFK's 45th. No threads on ATS? sadface:(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
My post should be considered only an observation, not a criticism of any kind. But the fact just dawned on me that I logged into ATS pretty much every day last week and I looked at all the "action" on the 4-pages of the "Recent Posts" area of the ATS website.

I don't remember seeing any RFK threads. June 6, 2012 was the 45th anniversary of the murder. Did I miss a thread? I don't think I did. I dutifully performed a search and was nothing to be found about RFK's 45th.

Here's just a suggestion for ATS. Maybe on the home page you guys could do something everyday (like google does from time to time) to add a special graphic or article that would be worthy, such as, "Today In Conspiracy History!" and maybe one of your higher echelon of writers could do a small article on the event which, undoubtedly, would benefit the ATS userbase and the pageviews.

Well? Has ATS userbase changed so much that we forgot an important date in conspiracy history???????

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Random image describes the situation.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Wow, you're right friend. I didn't even realize. Ugh...I'm not on top of things like I used to be that's for sure.

Threads come and go and sometimes they get lost. There wasn't a thread on this subject...to my knowledge ...which isn't much

Anyway...I guess sometimes, people get too busy for events like this, which is a bit saddening. Why didn't you write a thread on it?
Just a bit curious....
-nat the curious cat-

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by natalia Why didn't you write a thread on it?
Just a bit curious....
-nat the curious cat-

Well it seems like ATS should be making that effort themselves by assigning a noble historian, perhaps putting him or her on the payroll, serving in the same capacity of ask.com experts or something like that. Seems like a wasted opportunity from an operational viewpoint.

ATS leadership may have valid arguments against doing such things as Today in Conspiracy History!. I am just a user so I don't know.

If ATS were to implement a daily feature called Today in Conspiracy History! I am fairly certain that it would get enough hits to push itself into the realm of google news which has already opened so many global eyeballs.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

An answering observation is that 45 years is not an obvious anniversary to recognise.
50 years woud be more natural, as we will probably see from the number of Dallas threads in the autumn.
If we tried acknowledging every anniversary every year, we would just get swamped.

PS And think through the implications of trying to make an "official" list of conspiracy anniversaries.
Whether Sandy Hook was a conspiracy is already a tender question.

edit on 15-6-2013 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

ATS is a "User Generated Content" site. They don't tell us what to say, only what they won't allow (typically for business reasons, and to keep us from being invaded by unsavory groups like skinheads, etc).

There are likely plenty of other sites out there that are geared towards non user generated content. I have seen an ATS official thread a few times....but not often (likely a result of SO or someone, as Springer typically writes his own threads under the Springer name from what I have seen).

In any event, quit wasting time here blabbering. Get out there and research that RFK thread you are going to write.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

If you want a thread on RFK and a possible conspiracy for his murder .... start one.
It's not the mod's job to do that.
What is important to you isn't necessarily important to others.
So .... if you want one - start one.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter
Well? Has ATS userbase changed so much that we forgot an important date in conspiracy history???????

Errr, why didn't you start a thread if you thought it was important enough?

Maybe the 50th anniversary will be a more important landmark eh?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
who or what is RFK?

JFK is John Francis Kennedy
RJK is Robert Joseph Kennedy

So OP who or what is RFK?

And if it is the incorrect initials for Robert Joseph Kennedy, then you answered your own question.
If it is not important enough for you to remember his name then pointing your finger at someone else for not originating a thread about Sirhan B. Sirhan (one of the first Islamic terrorist attacks in America)
murdering RJK, leaves three fingers pointing back at you.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by spirited75

Pardon the pedantry but it's actually:

John Fitzgerald Kennedy
Robert Francis Kennedy

JFK and RFK

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

you are correct.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

ATS is a "User Generated Content" site.

They don't tell us what to say, only what they won't allow (typically for business reasons, and to keep us from being invaded by unsavory groups like skinheads, etc).

Thanks for the reminder.
I have been creating some ATS content but seriously the RFK thing didn't really occur to me until last weekend. It's funny because I have been listening to a lot of old Mae Brussell tapes and she never stops talking about the murder of JFK, RFK, MLK, and the connections of the people in power who played roles in the setup and the getaway with all those conspiracies.

Mae-be I'll sneak in a link to my Happy Birthday Mae Brussell thread "user generated content" wink, wink, nudge, nudge

MAE BRUSSELL Happy Birthday Conspiracy Queen,

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway. Let the healing begin.....

edit on 6/17/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: color tags

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Did I miss your thread on it?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012

Did I miss your thread on it?

No I didn't make an RFK thread last week. I did bumped a really good RFK thread from 2009 by TheMythLives called

Robert F. Kennedy: The Case Reviewed,

Check it out!

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

I will, thank you.

top topics

join