It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What they're not telling you about PRISM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:03 PM
link   
It seems the story told by Greenwald and MacAskill could be less than truthful:

This is the difference between companies voluntarily giving the government direct and unilateral access to arbitrary customer data and companies merely complying with the law in a technically efficient way that doesn’t change the nature of the data received by the government.

If Greenwald and MacAskill have documents or detailed statements from Snowden that provide illumination on this point, they should share this information.

Because as it stands now, the only way their story is true is if all the companies involved are lying, and the NSA is lying, and Senators Feinstein and Rogers are lying, and the President is lying, and the New York Times’ sources are lying.

Everyone but Greenwald’s source would have to be lying.

This certainly isn’t impossible. Much more likely in my estimation is that Greenwald’s use of “direct” and “unilateral” was technically imprecise or the result of exaggerations from his source.

Either way, the American people deserve to know the truth.

(Source).

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
It would seem that a lot of the story bears further examination.

I'm not denying that the spying exists. Only that Snowden's version seems off.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If NSA is lying.

If senators are lying.

If the president is lying.

Yeah,I can believe that.

But I would love to see the documents.
edit on 14-6-2013 by terriblyvexed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Sankari

I believe more will be revealed in time. There is too much power with too little oversite (legit and untethered). I don't know who these sources are within this article is but I'm seeing more within the system (including at hearings over the matter) claiming its more widespread than the media is sharing at this time. Ill try to find the link I just looked at as well - to a portion of the hearing on this. In the meanwhile here is the other article.

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Dianec

Wow a lot of reading, but you confirmed my belief that the government lies. Star for you.

This thread leads me to believe government spies are among us...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by terriblyvexed

I've always believed media is complicit to corruption simply by watching campaigns. They know their power and use it not to tell the truth but to back politicians (dirty or not) and insure their own careers advance. I personally like going for those who go against the grain (unpopular or controversial media outlets) because of the track record of MSM. I am glad to see politicians (even if only a couple), being straight about this. Asking for answers and even saying there's more to come. Maybe there is hope. ?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I will moderate my views of the NSA's overreach (and the overreach of Government generally) only when I am absolutely satisfied that the President is not lying; that the NSA is not lying; and that select congressmen and senators are not lying.

Maybe the Guardian is being disingenuous (OK, lying). But we can be certain that the usual suspects are lying. They are not coming clean with us, and there's no reason to think that they ever will.

Oh, and Google, Facebook, AOL, and so on and so on: Well, who knows? They've proven themselves to be untrustworthy enough, whether they're lying about this particular thing or not.

My view: Let them all suffer and sweat. They sure as hell don't care when we do....

new topics

top topics

join