US Marines on the ground at Syrian Border ..here comes Afghanistan circa the 80's again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

this fight will got down through history as a legend, yes i can see it now "in the year 2013 AD, 300 Marines were sent off to Syria to defeat the Persian army, Leonidas chose 300 of his best men an........" oh wait... sorry i think i went alittle off on that one

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by supremecommander

Sadly the truth is there are people out there who would like to see America fall. They'd like to see all of us dead or under their control. There are things that the world populace don't get to see and hear because of the panic it would cause, or because if it's out in the public for us to know then it's out there for the enemy to know. There's been some really scary # found in the hands of our enemy's in the last 12 years. Some of the plans they've uncovered, had they been able to be acted on, would have destroyed this nation.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
The doom and gloom of the 21st century is just simply astounding. Since the year 2000 I can't even tell you how many times I've heard of SHTF scenarios that haven't happened....Why do we live in a state of constant fear?

"It's the end of the world as we know it....and I feel fiiiine." -R.E.M.

A2D

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

It won't be the end of the world as there will be no profit it that, however it is time to stand up for our fellow man affected from an agenda that is afoot at home and in world where suffering is the norm.
edit on 15-6-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by EViLKoNCEPTz
I don't see anyone having the balls to go fight and die for what they believe in,
Relax Evil, Stand at Ease.
Nobody in this thread , even those Opposed to an Syrian Invasion wants any Harm to Our Troops.

Its just that , in Regards to Your Quote.

No One Believes In This Invasion.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   
Earlier report stated ( About a week Ago ) They would be leaving equipment behind in Jordan. Including tanks and aircraft . Not just missile batteries. Incase conflict should spill over to Jordan. It would be nice to known how much this little Shin Dig is going to cost.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

We aren't invading Syria. The troops are in Jordan to train the rebels on the weapons systems and provide logistical support. The most impact they will have is pointing them to targets and giving them a strategy to attack it. Basically giving the disorganized band of monkeys some organization so they can actually take on a trained force with some confidence instead of taking a few pot shots ans running away like they have been.

Think of it as if there was a revolution going on here in the US and a few hundred foreign troops showed up in Mexico or Canada to give the "rebels" some weapons and training support and telling them which targets would be optimal to take and hold to give them an advantage.

I find it quite interesting when people call for a revolution here, and call the rebels in other countries terrorists. They're calling for the same thing here which if it happened to come to fruition would make them terrorists by their very own logic.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by esdad71

As mentioned, it seems they're in Jordan, not Syria.
But I do agree that this will be used to distract the American public.

Just watch what happens to your media now. I can bet that the majority of your MSM will switch from the Obama scandals to this. Those that do can be ignored. Those that stick with the Prism scandal are the ones you should perhaps trust a little more as not being totally controlled by the damage limitation system the government has in place,

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agree2Disagree
The doom and gloom of the 21st century is just simply astounding. Since the year 2000 I can't even tell you how many times I've heard of SHTF scenarios that haven't happened....Why do we live in a state of constant fear?

"It's the end of the world as we know it....and I feel fiiiine." -R.E.M.

A2D

'Leonard Bernstein'.

Yes, but us doomers only have to right once.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
300 Marines is a serious fighting force. Not sure what you're talking about. 300 marines in modern combat can do ALOT of damage.

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by esdad71

No, we're on the ground in Jordan. There are no troops on the ground in Syria, the plan is to train the rebels in Jordanian territory near the border, and then send them back to Syria. The Jordanian government has said that none of the Eager Lion forces will remain after the exercise ends.
edit on 6/14/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

^^ This.

300 marines is not a fighting force. Anyone who thinks the US is going to invade Syria with 300 marines is utterly clueless.

It's easy to tell the people in this thread who know absolutely nothing about modern warfare.
edit on 14/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:26 AM
link   
I saw this in the times this morning,

we have known for ages that the US has patriot systems in Turkey so them also being in Jordan does not surprise me much.

neither does having troops about to train Rebels on the new guns we're about to give them

This is not a sign of any invasion
edit on 15-6-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I am feeling kind of vendicated by the last few days. Though it is not as good a feeling as I would like.
This posting from several weeks ago:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
was my response to the first news I had heard about our pending involvement. I did not agree with the positions taken then and I still don't. I will predict a full, though limited, troop involvement with-in the next 90 days, if not sooner.
To me, this is one of the most heart breaking things which I have seen this country do in a long time.
I say that, even allowing for iraq, as this time there is almost NO reasoning behind oour actions. Atleast the lies about Iraq were aimed at our own preservation. Even though lies none the less.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OperationLovestrike

Because no matter how potent a fighting force, 300 Marines are not going to do much against a country. Yes they can do a lot of damage but against an entire nation they won't last long.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by OperationLovestrike

Because no matter how potent a fighting force, 300 Marines are not going to do much against a country. Yes they can do a lot of damage but against an entire nation they won't last long.

agreed,

this is not like the run up to Iraq were we had tens of thousands of troops massing on the Saudi/Iraqi boarder

If we start hearing about huge deployments of troops and other assets then i might start believing we are looking at an invasion but until then i am not going to get to worked up about 300 Marines

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

It is not these 300 marines which gives me any real concern. Of course, their fighting and dying will be heroic.
My concern is the growing number of replacements and ever growing numers of troops sent in after their engagement.
I can remember when we only had a few hundred "advisors" in Viet Nam. A few months later I was among those sent in to "help settle things down a little ".
The next thing you know we have 55,000 bodies to bury and a lot of scarred up people, and not all the scars show. Many of them still wander around through the "fog of war" along with those now from Iraq and Afganistan.
Just how many of these "warriors" do you want on the streets of your city.

Just remembered a courious question which I have often ask but almost never get the right answer:
Do you know how to turn a "war hawk" into a dove?
Shoot at them. A funny thing happens to a man when he is faced with dying.
edit on 15-6-2013 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)
edit on 15-6-2013 by teamcommander because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   

reply to post by supremecommander

They give a # how it's spelled. It's called honor. It just shows how disrespectful people can be to the men and women who die to protect them. Who cares if you like them, respect they had the balls to go die in your name.

Die in our name? Die to protect me?

BS! Big smelly pile of BS! No ones is dieng in my name at the moment.

Syria/Libya/Afghanistand and Iraq have nothing to do with protecting anyone except some politicians intrests!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

Originally posted by roadgravel
The world is going to hell in a hand basket and someone is concerned how people spell the name of military units.

The same jackasses that care about this nonsense won't care about the names of those troops who come home with shut eyes, blue lips, and stiff corpses.

The same sort of people who thinking bombing the crap out of Middle east countrys and giveing weapons and training to terroists are protecting us!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I don't see anyone having the balls to go fight and die for what they believe in,

I don't believe in current USA/UK foreign policy so errr Im not going to sign up to the armed forces am I?

all you do is sit comfortably behind your computer acting all high and mighty while people I love live through hell to protect your right to be an ignorant sloth sitting in your air conditioned houses talking # about them.

But they are not protecting my freedoms at the moment are they? They are just causing more mess in the middle east!
edit on 15-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I just ran across this little nugget of information and though this would be a good time and place to pass it along.

Former French Foreign Minister: The War against Syria was Planned Two years before “The Arab Spring”

In an interview with the French TV station LCP, former French minister for Foreign Affairs Roland Dumas said:

‘’ I’m going to tell you something. I was in England two years before the violence in Syria on other business. I met with top British officials, who confessed to me that they were preparing something in Syria.

This was in Britain not in America. Britain was organizing an invasion of rebels into Syria. They even asked me, although I was no longer minister for foreign affairs, if I would like to participate.

Naturally, I refused, I said I’m French, that doesn’t interest me.’’

Dumas went on give the audience a quick lesson on the real reason for the war that has now claimed the lives of tens of thousands of people.

‘’This operation goes way back. It was prepared, pre-conceived and planned… in the region it is important to know that this Syrian regime has a very anti-Israeli stance.

Consequently, everything that moves in the region- and I have this from the former Israeli prime minister who told me ‘we’ll try to get on with our neighbours but those who don’t agree with us will be destroyed.

It’s a type of politics, a view of history, why not after all. But one should know about it.’’

This is posted at :
rinf.com...
and has more details to be read.

I will not claim any knowledge about the credibility of the site but I thought it worth noting.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I know people saying 300 Marines are not a invasion force but isnt this how it starts?

Send in a few hundred advisors, when that does not work send in a few thousand. When they start getting killed you give them air and anti missle support. Now once you have helicopters flying about why not use them to support the rebels rather just use them for defence. Now a few more advisors have been killed so send in the army to protect them. Of couse the bast way to protect wis with patrols and offensives.......O look wait we have vietnam again.
edit on 15-6-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join