It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who do you support ( brits only )

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
umm sminkey can i say something. when i go down to england, several times a year i see a land full of imigreints and terrible over crowding.
whats this population decrease you speak of? we never see up here or i down there.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
umm sminkey can i say something. when i go down to england, several times a year i see a land full of imigreints and terrible over crowding.
whats this population decrease you speak of? we never see up here or i down there.

- The population is aging nicely right now as we speak Devil and will decline soon enough.

It's a sad truth of western living. We stopped having kids thanks to the cost of living and it is going to be a major problem.

The real 'problem' hits when you are in your prime and beyond I'm sorry to say. 2030 - 2050 on.....so long as the corporations keep playing us off against each other and refusing to shoulder their share.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
ok, sminkeypinkey you win this round
, i'm no good at open debate, we'll have to see how i do when it comes down to argueing policy.

I'm still against this level out the number of old people to under retirement age people. Through this process we'll simply be increasing our population, which in the modern world is bad.

I'll go find a site to explain what i mean better.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:46 PM
link   
The native population birth rate is on the decline... We need imigration (legal) to sustain the country.

EDIT Iam an idiot

[edit on 8-11-2004 by bigdanprice]

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
ok, sminkeypinkey you win this round

- I doubt it. A 'cessation' is not a win!

i'm no good at open debate,

- I wouldn't say that, you do alright Wizard, no worries.

we'll have to see how i do when it comes down to argueing policy.

- Anytime.

-

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
will some one explain why we need a growth in population?????

optimumpopulation.org

UK population has grown nearly 20% since 1950. There were an estimated 59,553,800 people living in the UK by mid-2003 (59,787,000 estimated at mid-2004), and numbers are still rising. UK population is growing by the equivalent of one whole city every year. (Population growth = natural increase + net migration.) At an annual growth rate of 0.4% a year (the actual growth rate from mid-2001 to mid-2003) our population would pass 200 million in 2308. The latest (mid-2003 based interim) official population projection shows ever rising numbers - now growing by another 6.1 million to 65.7 million by 2031.

So by 2308 our population will be 200million, lovely i'll start buying up all the land now shall I. Such huge populations can't be sustained, theres simlpy going to be a lack of:
Jobs
Resources
Food
Living Space

And we're going to get lots of Pollution.

posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
will some one explain why we need a growth in population?????

- It has been one of the 'engines' of wealth acrosss the developed world.

So by 2308 our population will be 200million, lovely i'll start buying up all the land now shall I.

- No.

Your quoted projection assumes population growth which is just not going to happen. Aging people do not have kids and most if not quite all of us 'baby boomers' have 'peaked' and are either done having kids ......er, or are already dead.

Such huge populations can't be sustained, theres simlpy going to be a lack of:
Jobs
Resources
Food
Living Space

- Don't worry Wizard, it isn't going to happen. Old folks don't have kids.

And we're going to get lots of Pollution.

- Now this one, if we can get ourselves sufficiently arsed should be perfectly avoidable whatever the pop. size.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join