It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$54K for a Lost Blackberry? Read the Suspicious Police Report Filed by DNC Organizers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Do you have your Data BackedUp?

Just curious

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
I have at least $5000 worth of software on my macbook pro. The computer itself was probably about $3000. So do I file for $3000, or $8000.

You can simply reload the "$5000" worth of software onto a new computer, so you have not lost it at all. As to the data, simply load your backup. Exactly the same as you would do if you had a HDD failure.

So you would simply claim for the cost of the laptop.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

It's not that the data is 'lost' for all eternity. It's that the data has been compromised. The GOP would call the information priceless...how exactly do you gauge the capability of a political machine in terms of dollar amounts?

Look at what super PAC's spend on just one election, now imagine that in 435 districts in 50 states.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by boncho
I have at least $5000 worth of software on my macbook pro. The computer itself was probably about $3000. So do I file for $3000, or $8000.

You can simply reload the "$5000" worth of software onto a new computer, so you have not lost it at all. As to the data, simply load your backup. Exactly the same as you would do if you had a HDD failure.

So you would simply claim for the cost of the laptop.

Not really, there are certain programs that are tied to specific systems. So for the act of having to reconfigure the licensing, which some may include extended times with software creators on instachat service, or phone service out of India, do I then get to claim time lost?

I'm just wondering here.

You and the other poster responding to me have valid points.

To the other poster, some but not all my stuff is backed up, especially new work that I haven't finalized, which indeed can be priceless in the creative category.

I personally think whoever did this overstepped the bounds for claiming monetary value. Unless indeed it was a program with one license that could not be reinstated and a new license would have to be purchased. Must be one hell of a program.

As far as hours lost, etc.

There too, I can see a claim being made, but not on the cost of the device.

So I don't really support the people involved in the OP article...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by links234

Sure. and although I know they are Democrats, I also know that they keep that garbage on a Server and Not on a Smart Phone or Laptop.

It is going to be a tough day in hell if you think I believe anything different.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
LOL the thing is this: for the claim to be valid, the insurance company is going to want PROOF these items were worth THAT MUCH MONEY, once the DNC cant justify that, they will probably get the market value price for the item, like the blackberry, they will probably get $400.00 or whatever it costs to buy a brand new one

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

They won't even get the price of a brand new one. They'll get market value of used but like new condition. They'll have to have proof of any data and software and it's value. All of the hardware will be replaced with the same exact models but new condition used items, or they'll get a check for the value of such. They'll also have to go through a separate insurance policy for data value vs hardware value, if they even had a policy for lost data.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join