It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China gazes at the stars while the U.S. falls in the gutter?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I believe that the US is birthing a new age of space exploration that gives the intelligent scientists to the civilian sector and is backed up by investors instead of the stifling US government payroll.

China has plans for the moon but we've already been there.
edit on 16-6-2013 by zero1020 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Isn't the American space program still alive in Private companies, now?

Just because our government isn't in space doesn't mean it isn't privatized.

Oh and just because Nasa isn't in space doesn't mean that secret branches of the government aren't!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by Arnie123

Bud China have the fastest super computer in the world. The satellites they are putting into space are leaving the US sitting.. Think what you will That is the truth..

Pal, then why don't you move to China . .then write us all and tell us how you feel about it? Supercomputers made public and satellites in space? Come on man (or woman).

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The positive-thinking version of the events might be that the Chinese are currently going through the basics of manned spaceflight, which the USA and Russia did decades ago, while the USA are getting ready for the next step: commercial spaceflight, going to Mars and asteroids, asteroid mining, etc.
edit on 17-6-2013 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by goou111

Talk to me when they land a car on mars and drive it around beaming back hi resolution pics for everyone to see..

Maybe I'll be impressed

We've been doing that for the past 10 years solid.
I guess you missed that one.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusCrime

Pal, then why don't you move to China . .then write us all and tell us how you feel about it? Supercomputers made public and satellites in space? Come on man (or woman).

On what grounds do you think I should move to China is it because I am aware their technology is surpassing ours. Really that seems like a stupid way to choose where to live. If I was going to choose a country it would be on their culture, there food and the weather.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   

On what grounds do you think I should move to China is it because I am aware their technology is surpassing ours. Really that seems like a stupid way to choose where to live. If I was going to choose a country it would be on their culture, there food and the weather.

You can't really say there technology is surpassing us, the technology is already exist, I think what your trying to convey is re-inventing of it, smarter uses and intelligent design.
But we both know that is not the case, instead they actually took it a few steps backwards, in a sense, its cheap knockoffs made with low grade parts.
But understand why this poster made that comment about you, you came in here praising your Chinese gods and swinging the chopsticks like Roosevelt's "Big Stick" and how awesome, powerful and greater then OZ it was, its kind of hard NOT TO take that pot shot at you. I actually thought you WERE from china.....

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by FromMyColdDeadBrain
While China surge ahead in leaps and bounds in ...

The danger with this type of thread is that the poster has probably never travelled out of his/her hometown!

The fact is that the average Chinese is poor in comparison to their peer in the West. China is a developing nation and not an advanced nation on a par with the West. It may be difficult to understand the rural poverty in China, but it exists and hundreds of millions of Chinese are those people.

Too much listening to Chinese propaganda. China are experts in hiding their situation. If they can fool millions of Chinese then they will have no difficulty fooling outsiders.

Regards
tell that to the people living in storm drains in l.a or the 40 million on food stamps or with no medical insurance

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by FromMyColdDeadBrain
While China surge ahead in leaps and bounds in ...

The danger with this type of thread is that the poster has probably never travelled out of his/her hometown!

The fact is that the average Chinese is poor in comparison to their peer in the West. China is a developing nation and not an advanced nation on a par with the West. It may be difficult to understand the rural poverty in China, but it exists and hundreds of millions of Chinese are those people.

Too much listening to Chinese propaganda. China are experts in hiding their situation. If they can fool millions of Chinese then they will have no difficulty fooling outsiders.

Regards
tell that to the people living in storm drains in l.a or the 40 million on food stamps or with no medical insurance

Or maybe perhaps the rest of the world too while your at it. Like India, Europe...hell even Africa!!
There is really no point in pointing out the POOR, its prevalent in all countries. Seriously.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FromMyColdDeadBrain

I read pages and pages of crap on ATS but every so often a turd the size of Texas floats up to the top. And this thread is that turd.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 02:50 AM
link   

How are you AWARE of this? Fill me in. Simple question, aye?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Would you suggest China is a first-rate nation?

sorry for the delay in response

not yet but on their way their leaders are still consumed with old world mentality much like many leaders all over the world same old stagnation on the human experience

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

China has vision and they have drive. The US has nothing but a nappy bag of hope that someday, an American will again ride on an American rocket, in an American ship into space.

What happen America?

@Arnie123,

Sorry bud, but again, you fail. Like china...who for one stands on the shoulders of giants. Before you start to huff an puff to blow this US brickhouse down, know this, chinas people are suffering for these meager accomplishments, underpaid, poor, declining population, zero nationalism, the country is headed to civil war.

HUH,,, I don't know where you get your information,,, but, You're Very Mistaken.
Chinese people are suffering? Where and How? China has had a very large increase in the number of wealthy and the middle class has never been higher. All with in the last 15 years. Chinese people do not live on credit like many Americans, they save and pay cash, the sell of new cars to middle class families have tripled.

China’s passenger-vehicle sales rose 13 percent in April on rising demand for new models in the world’s biggest vehicle market. Wholesale deliveries of cars, multipurpose and sport-utility vehicles climbed to 1.44 million units in April, according to the state-backed China Association of Automobile Manufacturers. Five analysts surveyed by Bloomberg News had a median estimate of 1.404 million units.

www.bloomberg.com...

n China, the middle class is all concentrated in big cities, not like in this country, where a lot of the middle class are in the suburbs. Most people have a college education and relatively stable jobs. There are a lot of entrepreneurs and a lot of white collar workers, working for multinationals or state-owned companies. They are a lot younger ... 20 to 50. A lot of them own homes. Like Westerners, they want everything Americans have. This new middle class just emerged in the last 15 to 20 years. Fifteen years ago, people didn't have cars yet. But in the last seven, eight, or nine years ... everyone has a car. Some people have more than one car.

It is estimated that it's more than 300 million -- already larger than the entire population of the United States.

money.cnn.com...
In China, a family of 3 can live a very comfortable middle class life on $400 ( 2452.00 yuan ) to $800 ( 4904.00 yuan ) a month and a single person can live very well on $400 a month.
Chinese people are Very Proud of Their Country and it's accomplishments.
Please post your link to the proof of China heading towards a Civil War. That's Absolute B.S....
Please, before you come back and make an attempt to tell me I'm wrong.
You can read our profile and see that I'm Chinese, born, raised and educated. Born long before you and can remember the weekend gatherings of thousands of people and the marching and singing Anti American songs,

To the O P I am so very sorry, I had no attention of derailing your thread. It just upsewts me when people who have never traveled to a country sets around and bad mouths it and it's people like they are better and brighter than them.

edit on 19-6-2013 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 02:53 AM
link   
@Arnie123,

Sorry bud, but again, you fail. Like china...who for one stands on the shoulders of giants. Before you start to huff an puff to blow this US brickhouse down, know this, chinas people are suffering for these meager accomplishments, underpaid, poor, declining population, zero nationalism, the country is headed to civil war.

HUH,,, I don't know where you get your information,,, but, You're Very Mistaken.
Chinese people are suffering? Where and How? China has had a very large increase in the number of wealthy and the middle class has never been higher. All with in the last 15 years. Chinese people do not live on credit like many Americans, they save and pay cash, the sell of new cars to middle class families have tripled.

China’s passenger-vehicle sales rose 13 percent in April on rising demand for new models in the world’s biggest vehicle market. Wholesale deliveries of cars, multipurpose and sport-utility vehicles climbed to 1.44 million units in April, according to the state-backed China Association of Automobile Manufacturers. Five analysts surveyed by Bloomberg News had a median estimate of 1.404 million units.

www.bloomberg.com...

n China, the middle class is all concentrated in big cities, not like in this country, where a lot of the middle class are in the suburbs. Most people have a college education and relatively stable jobs. There are a lot of entrepreneurs and a lot of white collar workers, working for multinationals or state-owned companies. They are a lot younger ... 20 to 50. A lot of them own homes. Like Westerners, they want everything Americans have. This new middle class just emerged in the last 15 to 20 years. Fifteen years ago, people didn't have cars yet. But in the last seven, eight, or nine years ... everyone has a car. Some people have more than one car.

It is estimated that it's more than 300 million -- already larger than the entire population of the United States.

money.cnn.com...
In China, a family of 3 can live a very comfortable middle class life on $400 ( 2452.00 yuan ) to $800 ( 4904.00 yuan ) a month and a single person can live very well on $400 a month.
Chinese people are Very Proud of Their Country and it's accomplishments.
Please post your link to the proof of China heading towards a Civil War. That's Absolute B.S....
Please, before you come back and make an attempt to tell me I'm wrong.
You can read our profile and see that I'm Chinese, born, raised and educated. Born long before you and can remember the weekend gatherings of thousands of people and the marching and singing Anti American songs,

To the O P I am so very sorry, I had no attention of derailing your thread. It just upsewts me when people who have never traveled to a country sets around and bad mouths it and it's people like they are better and brighter than them.

Yes, you are misinformed, China's achievements we accomplished on the backs of their worker class, who get paid, like what? $2 a day??? Yes they are sure living!!!
edition.cnn.com...
As for civil war, its not BS. Any government who attempts to limit the freedom of its citizens won't last forever, I don't need to provide a link for that, sorry guy, but your not going to get "Copy and Paste and links" out of me, you got fingers, do your own research.
With china's increasing population, its only a matter of time before its people stand and fight for more freedoms.
Chinese people LOVE coming to the states, why? there are number of reasons, but my favorite one, to use the internet, they go crazy, soooo many options, soooo many sites, its awesome to have web that is not censored.
So what if I haven't been to another country like china? to suggest that you must be VERY MAD EVERYDAY, since a lot of the bad mouthing comes from people who have never set foot in the very country they are bad mouthing, that's why it s FORUM for opinions and debates. Get with the program guy, Yes I like to consider myself better and brighter then the people of china. I respect them and acknowledge what they do, but I am also competitive and arrogant too sometimes, maybe its in my blood, but whatever the case, I'm confident and resilient. Are you? probably not if your getting all mad about people expressiong opinions and truths about a different country...that's like, THE WHOLE SITE, LMFAO.
Anyways, Gouhua,*FacePalmed* Pwnd N00b.
edit on 19-6-2013 by Arnie123 because: spelling

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Just to point out they have the best super computer at the moment.

www.datacenterknowledge.com...

And and to the people who can not accept that the US may not be number one in all things by saying stuff like "If you love china so much why don't you move there".....grow up.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by goou111
reply to post by guohua

If china is so awesome why the hell do you live in Phoenix?
edit on 19-6-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)

You have a problem with Chinese people? Why would you ask such a stupid question of me, if all you had to do was read our profile.

I live in Phoenix, Arizona because my husband lives here. We are retired and his father is living with us, we take care of our family, we also go back to China every year. China is not as backyards or slummy as you would like people to think. I don't remember ever using the word AWESOME, can you quote that part of my reply for me.
Also, I am a woman, not a man.
@ Arnie123.

Yes, you are misinformed, China's achievements we accomplished on the backs of their worker class, who get paid, like what? $2 a day???

I don't know how a person who is Chinese and comes back to China two or three times a year can be misinformed! Please explain that one to me.
The cost of living in China is Much, Much lower that it is in America.
By the way, this is being type to you from China, we are visiting some friends of my husband at the American Embassy and my family in Harbin.
My husband will also be going to Hooters in Beijing with some old friends.

OP, I am sorry these people seem to think it is necessary to attack me for being Chinese and derailing your thread.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join