It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern day tin foil hat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Mercury and silver both conduct electricity. Bite down on your tinfoil hat and see what happens. It is important to note that aluminum is present in every food that we eat.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   
it's a great novelty hat though. So if you're getting it just for that... Still, $30? A bit steep...for a baseball cap.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Bedlam

Mercury and silver both conduct electricity. Bite down on your tinfoil hat and see what happens. It is important to note that aluminum is present in every food that we eat.

Something conducting electricity is a far, far (and qualitatively different) cry from something being superconductive.

Superconductivity is a different sort of thing altogether. And why is it important to note that aluminum is present in every food we eat? That seems sort of a non-sequitur.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

Do you know anything about the energy and neuronal systems of the body at all? Cripes, I have a couple hundred hours reading research on how these metals interact with the body and why they cause problems.

Mercury is considered one of the superconductors when alloyed. Mercury is considered the seed of all metals in Alchemy.
edit on 19-6-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Bedlam

Do you know anything about the energy and neuronal systems of the body at all?

*snort* Do you mean real biology/physics? Yes. I'm not as much up on woo stuff though - which is where I sadly think this will go when you say "energy". However, you want to talk oxidative phosphorylation, I am your man.

Mercury is considered one of the superconductors when alloyed. Mercury is considered the seed of all metals in Alchemy.

All mercury alloys are not superconductors by any stretch, and none of them are superconductive at room temperature. An amalgam filling is not superconductive by virtue of being 'a mercury alloy'. Alchemy is interesting, but it's a textbook pathological science. Its one claim to fame was that once you discard the woo bits you have the start of chemistry.
edit on 19-6-2013 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I edited my last post to show how much I have researched the subject. I read research articles, not woo. Studying Alchemy is just an entertainment for me

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Weren't you the guy that said in another thread that you read all of the papers but never bothered to understand what the words meant?

At any rate, while I'm still mystified over the comments about aluminum and other metals in the body as it relates to the thread, did your researches lead to the understanding of "critical temperature" as it relates to superconductivity? If not, you need to research that one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join