It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern day tin foil hat

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
What are your thoughts on these products? worth it? not worth it?
Is there a DIY method?

www.lessemf.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Thunderheart

I wouldn't worry about the hat (this is the survival forum)
Learn how to get food,water and how to keep warm in winter before worrying about tinfoil hats or products people are trying to sell you.??
I am starving and thirsty but what kind of hat should I wear??

edit on 14-6-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think it's great. If you put infrared LEDs on it too, you will not only be shielded from the RF radiation, but you will also be invisible to all cameras. Seriously.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:04 PM
link   

I wear my tin foil hat with pride!

said nobody ever.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Being a Woman, I decided to go a little more upscale. This is my tin foil hat I made for last years ATS Tin Foil Hat contest.

This is little old me, wearing it with pride....

That's all I have to contribute to this thread....

Des

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I'm curious as to the metal needed, does it matter what metal I use besides tin? curious...All gold hat comes to mind...prymide in shape....

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Proof every geek has a silver lining.

and every real or imagined threat too.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
that wouldn't work. Last time I checked I still get cel ph and radio signals deep in a basement and in the subway. So how is a tin foil hat gonna help where 10 meters of concrete and steel won't?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   
That's a bunch of overpriced stuff that might work on a metaphysical level and identifies a harassed person from a long distance, but it doesn't stop the cause of the problem that the EMF sensitive and targeted individuals have.

I was going through some TI problems where I used to live and realized it was something a blanket or a cap couldn't fix; probably a combination of expanded minds, sorcery, and actual mobster (illicit substances like fumes which might hurt the mind) harassment and wiretapping (hi NSA) was the culprit, with natural stress from past traumas. At the time I was so hopeful thinking if I only spent enough money on shielding I'd get that pot of gold of peace of mind at the end of the rainbow, but it's just going to make someone broke and socially ostracized when you have to ground your blanket and wear your metal longjohns with steel wool in your underwear before you go to bed at night.

Now the metal paint and room shielding, I can believe that because governments do that and it does block cell phone signals so it could block other signals too. Too bad it's so expensive, and it's black paint which needs lots of treatment over that to hide it, so you can't take it with you when you move, and there are still the windows to deal with. The idea of an EMF tent is believable too but it has to be so leak-proof that you'd need a motor for air circulation or you'd suffocate.

I've found that the polyester and synthetic textiles are a conductor of the negative waves, not an insulator, so maybe they'd work as a mini-frequency faraday, letting the waves pass over the individual, if nothing was touching them, but that's not the case with the clothes.

Sometimes for some people, it works if they believe it works. If they think they need a special hat, go for it. I think a better investment may be an attorney to run to about suspicious things for a case of personal injury, instead of a hat. A hat doesn't defend you from a kidnapping ring or other trouble makers who might be preying on the mentally insecure, is my point. (and neither does law enforcement when there isn't enough evidence)

The whole idea of "tin" as the foil in the hat goes back to the properties of alchemical metals.

Source: The Healing Power of Metals

Tin people are the theorizers; even when there is nothing to think about... They might be accused of having a suspicious mind and of seeing things that aren't there...

So it's a weird way to be gullible to put on a hat like that, advertise the disposition.

Copper in your socks to kill germs is one thing but those clothing shields don't seem to be beneficial.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

I wouldn't worry about the hat (this is the survival forum)
Learn how to get food,water and how to keep warm in winter before worrying about tinfoil hats or products people are trying to sell you.??
I am starving and thirsty but what kind of hat should I wear??

edit on 14-6-2013 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

yeah, I got that covered, thanks.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

wow! beautiful hat on a beautiful lady!
I sure hope you won with that entry!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You can have a good tinfoil cap on and it does not do much good if you have superconducting fillings next to nerves in your teeth. I think metal fillings can cause confusion as they overload the neurons with unnatural electrical signals.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Being a Woman, I decided to go a little more upscale. This is my tin foil hat I made for last years ATS Tin Foil Hat contest.

This is little old me, wearing it with pride....

That's all I have to contribute to this thread....

Des

You shouldn't put your face out there because of recognition software. That way your bank account, personal records, your house and things won't be out there for people to look at and track. Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunderheart

It's a useless rip-off.

The best protection for your brain is education.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

whaa??? how will they get her bank info from her picture?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

It's a useless rip-off.

So a faraday cage equivalent for your nugget is useless?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

reply to post by Fromabove

whaa??? how will they get her bank info from her picture?

My bank info would gain no one anything.....

Unless they plan on putting something in it.

Des

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

It's a useless rip-off.

So a faraday cage equivalent for your nugget is useless?

Yes. There is absolutely no point in it.

The average person will never be exposed to dangerously high levels of radio waves—or any other type of electromagnetic radiation—throughout their entire life.
edit on 17/6/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Is there a DIY method?

www.lessemf.com...

Not worth it at all.

That said, if you need small quantities of RF shielding material, lessemf is a good bet. We used to buy stuff from them for passing the open field test, because you had to buy a #heap of it from the factory, and some of those arseholes won't sample. So, if you're trying to get your equipment past a susceptibility test or trying to make class B, lessemf is your store.

But for headwear, it's a pretty sad thing. No, you don't need that. And it doesn't work anyway.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
You can have a good tinfoil cap on and it does not do much good if you have superconducting fillings next to nerves in your teeth. I think metal fillings can cause confusion as they overload the neurons with unnatural electrical signals.

If you've got superconducting tooth fillings, I'd like to meet you. Because you will be an alien, and I'd like to patent your superior science.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join