It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Never Judge By Appearances or Circumstances!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Greetings, ATS!

I'm not a fan of television, but recently came across some pretty amazing videos on YouTube. In each case, the person was judged poorly because of their appearance or circumstance....until they showed their true colors.

I'm sure many of you have already seen some of these, but I thought I'd share anyway. Feel free to add your own...I love watching the underdog win!

First up....Susan Boyle. What an amazing talent.

Andrew de Leon.....angelic.

D. westry....speed painter

Sung-bong Choi....homeless boy from S Korea

Uudam....Mongolian orphan singing to his mother

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by smyleegrl

If all were as it should be, we would never judge anyone from the outsides. There should be no need to paint our faces or wear 4' heals and stun everyone with the latest fad cloths or be ashamed of just being however and whoever we are. There is something wholly wrong with our society and the need to please to the point of pain.

We are probably missing all the best because the best have been beaten down and never even give things a try. Not just entertainment but everything from science to art. mash a child's feelings year after year and they will never usualy be all they can.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
We are probably missing all the best because the best have been beaten down and never even give things a try.

This is so true. I'm sorry... but you are so right.

There is so much more out there than looks, money and meaningless sex that I'm sure if people knew about it... they would prefer it.

What is sex without a connection? A connection that spans more than a day, or a few nights, but is real?

What are looks? An expression of our true self? No, they are an expression of our fears to be seen and loved for who we are.

What is money but an illusion? It is a goal, and a fun challenge, but not happiness. Money is not human connection, but the opposite.

In the end, I can tell you which is more fulfilling, but it is up to you... and there is a lot of societal pressure that makes it nearly impossible these days, so the effort put into it (finding love, expressing yourself, making human connections) is a lot, and not nearly guaranteed...

But I would recommend realizing the rarity and value of this in case there is a chance.

For example, me, as an adult, I view money, looks and meaningless sex as burdens. I have to earn enough money to cover the basics, I have to look good enough to cover the basics, and I will not even touch meaningless sex because of the poisonous nature.

If I have a kid, this is a whole different matter as I have a duty to my child

Once all that is done, I get to go out and meet people, and explore, and create! If I actually want something, I mean I don't have a problem with that... and if I was super into having fun making myself look good, I wouldn't either. For myself. Not to deceive.

And if people judge me for who I am, I don't want to be around them :-)
It is super awesome being around people who like you for being yourself.
edit on 14-6-2013 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

I have chosen not to comply with any of our norms...in order to hold to what I believe to be right, I aam pretty much alone except for my husband who agrees with me 100%.

As a child i was very pretty and yet because i was very poor and my cloths were passed down from my sisters, I was always having to deal with constant derogatory remarks. I will never wear a name brand and I won't wear face paint and I have long straight hair and I will not be what they all want...ever!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
reply to post by darkbake

I have chosen not to comply with any of our norms...in order to hold to what I believe to be right, I aam pretty much alone except for my husband who agrees with me 100%.

That is so sweet.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It's nice to see something that exhibits the power of people overcoming obstacles and prejudices, celebrating the triumph of the human spirit and it's strength and how it can effect those around them, instead of seeking to find human weaknesses and exploit them or hold them in contempt, such as this spying has done. Bravo!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Yet another reason why I don't watch the idiot box and those idiot shows.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos
Yet another reason why I don't watch the idiot box and those idiot shows.

If you weren't moved by some of those performances, there's something wrong with you.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Don't forget Jonathan!

As Jonathan appeared on the stage, Simon whispered something like, "Just when you thought it couldn't get worse." Boy was he wrong!

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Beautiful! he should be paired with the strong soprano guy in the OP! Many of the greatest opera stars are heavy I think it richens the voice.

I am so saddened by our compulsion to look at shells and not see past what we dislike there.

Like I said, it was simply my clothing for myself as a child and teen. I had popular and good looking boys look at me and tease me but because I was not popular they would not get closer then that. I could tell they would like to, it has sharpened my senses and opened my heart and I am glad of the pain I suffered for the fact that I can see clearly now, and want no part of this silly game of cloths. shoes, hairdos, false everything, for what? To fit in with the narrow people who hate someone for the pettiest things. Wops that turned into a rant

edit on 17-6-2013 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Here's another one...

I'm like, "Great, another guy who thinks he's the next Usher or something...."

Then he busts out into opera....

Or this guy. You're just thinking this is going to be another train wreck (which is good, as I love the wrecks)
But nope, he's actually good....

edit on 17-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join