It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roundup Carcinogenic at Parts per TRILLION

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   
And then you want people to take the info on these sites seriously.

Parts per Billion is similar to a microgram per Kilogram. Parts per Trillion is similar to a nanogram per Kilogram. So you just created a thread and had a million of dumb followers worried about a nanogram of a carcinogenic per a Kg of Roundup...

Way to go.

Doesn't mean Monsanto shouldn't be wiped out of the face of the Earth though.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I think I copy/pasted that wrong
edit on 15-6-2013 by skycowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vehemens

Parts per Billion is similar to a microgram per Kilogram. Parts per Trillion is similar to a nanogram per Kilogram. So you just created a thread and had a million of dumb followers worried about a nanogram of a carcinogenic per a Kg of Roundup...

Way to go.

Wow. Just wow...

Parts per trillion is not per Kg of Roundup, like the rest of the bottle is safe...(!) It's showing how little is necessary to create a carcinogenic state in human tissue. That level is about the same as simply inhaling the smell of it and having that incorporated into your cells. Certainly parts per trillion is easily accomplished by eating food that has been sprayed at some point with Roundup, or drinking water contaminated with it, or having it waft over into your yard where you walk with bare feet because your neighbor doesn't like dandelions.

Parts per trillion can be accomplished by someone spraying their field with Roundup and a cow coming along a year or two later and munching on a plant that had grown in that field, and you eating a hamburg from that cow. Now do you get it?

edit on 16-6-2013 by signalfire because: utter disbelief at comments...

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Blast! Darn it!

Sorry for the language, but I had a post filled with the math and it vanished.

Please believe me, Ok? A part per trillion is one drop dissolved in 25.94 Olympic sized swimming pools.

It's hard for me to get worried, since I know what else can be found in swimming pools.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Blast! Darn it!

Sorry for the language, but I had a post filled with the math and it vanished.

Please believe me, Ok? A part per trillion is one drop dissolved in 25.94 Olympic sized swimming pools.

It's hard for me to get worried, since I know what else can be found in swimming pools.

You should be worried, because it's saying that small of an amount causes cancer. Essentially it's saying any exposure to Roundup at all, even second hand or third hand exposure is bad for your health.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Aazadan

You should be worried, because it's saying that small of an amount causes cancer.

You should read abstract from the study because it doesn't say that at all.

edit on 6/16/2013 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join