It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Roundup Carcinogenic at Parts per TRILLION

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Roundup Carcinogenic at Parts per TRILLION

www.greenmedinfo.com

An alarming new study finds that glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup weedkiller, is estrogenic and drives breast cancer cell proliferation in the parts-per-trillion range.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Monsanto strikes again... How it is possible that this poison ever made it to market? There seems to be no end to the attempts by Monsanto to kill us all off. I'm at a lost to explain this unless they're actually trying to, and the gloves have been off for quite some time. How is this company still in business?

www.greenmedinfo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Just back over the last 50 years at the poisons Monsanto has produced and sent to market. This should come as no surprise...This is what they do!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
"If you don't like it, don't use it!"

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by hamburgerler

It's not like you have a choice anymore!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

I've never been that worried about the GMO plants themselves, it's the extra roundup in the roundup ready GMO plants that has concerned me the most, regarding possible unforeseen safety issues which might only become apparent after long term exposure.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

I know, it is amazing how it works. There is no choice when it is squirted on half of everything people eat and drink.

Sadly, humans, American humans in particular, are not intelligent enough to make the metal leap.

FREEDOM!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by hamburgerler
"If you don't like it, don't use it!"

And if your neighbor uses it, and it's toxic in parts per trillion, if you can smell it (or even if you can't), you're being poisoned.

Not to mention sprayed foodstuffs, sprayed food for ruminants, and water runoff to water sources.

How do you intend to avoid something that's ubiquitous and invisible?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by minkmouse

To some degree that's true. Even if you buy organically grown corn and soybeans, to avoid roundup, you are still probably exposed to roundup ready corn and soybean ingredients in other food products, in the US.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
This is why I get so confused about Monsanto. (Mr. Confusion back in the game) There are studies that show it (Roundup) is dangerous and, what appear to be even more studies, saying it isn't.

I really don't know. Is this a case of each side emphasizing the studies that agree with their position?

I understand that an ingredient in Roundup is the most commonly used herbicide in the world. Why? Does it work? Is there something that works as well? Would not using it result in smaller crops and less food for the world?

I hope you can understand my confusion, I'm looking for a guide out of this mess.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

This is why store bought produce is washed.

Every home gardener who uses pesticides or fertilizers washes their produce unless they are an idiot.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

I've never been that worried about the GMO plants themselves, it's the extra roundup in the roundup ready GMO plants that has concerned me the most, regarding possible unforeseen safety issues which might only become apparent after long term exposure.

Is that the way it works. I thought the seeds were modified to resist a good dosing of Glyphosate. Anyway most of these weedkillers are nasty stuff, and are well into the food chain now. Roundup has a lot of friends,
Extract,
"Glyphosate is sold as Roundup, Rodeo, Touchdown, Rattler, Sting, and Pondmaster, among other trademarked names. (See REHN #660.) Roundup is the first reason Monsanto Corporation got into the business of genetically engineering food crops. Monsanto now sells "Roundup ready" seeds for corn, soybeans, and cotton; wheat will be next. These are seeds engineered to withstand a thorough dousing with Roundup, which kills weeds without killing the Roundup-ready crops. To make "Roundup ready" seeds legal, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) had to triple the amount of glyphosate residues that it allows on crops. For years, Roundup has been Monsanto's most profitable product, and genetic engineering has allowed it to sell -- and to spread into soil and water -- gobs more of it. "

What about the EPA's role too, right old rascals, who friends with who?

www.health-report.co.uk...
edit on 14-6-2013 by smurfy because: Link.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Every home gardener who uses pesticides or fertilizers washes their produce unless they are an idiot.

Yes, because even us idiots know that the plants couldn't possibly suck up any of the stuff through their roots or take it in through their leaves and make it a part of the fruit or vegetable itself...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   

edit on 14-6-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
This is why I get so confused about Monsanto. (Mr. Confusion back in the game) There are studies that show it (Roundup) is dangerous and, what appear to be even more studies, saying it isn't.

I really don't know. Is this a case of each side emphasizing the studies that agree with their position?

I understand that an ingredient in Roundup is the most commonly used herbicide in the world. Why? Does it work? Is there something that works as well? Would not using it result in smaller crops and less food for the world?

I hope you can understand my confusion, I'm looking for a guide out of this mess.

It's pretty much as you describe. This link will give an insight,

www.health-report.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Roundup is absorbed in the plant and once that happens, you can't wash it all off. In fact they use surfactants mixed in the Roundup formula to facilitate this absorption, and the surfactants can have harmful effects too.'

www.monsanto.com...

Roundup brand herbicides are effective when they come into contact with the green, growing parts of plants. When a Roundup brand herbicide is sprayed on plant foliage, it is absorbed and then translocated throughout the plant’s tissues.

edit on 14-6-2013 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Sadly we all aware of what pesticides, monspanto and GMOs are all about, but as usual money talks crap walks the corruption in congress get their pockets full and we get to be poisoned everyday, while they have the money to get their GMO free and organic food delivered to home.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Look at the list of poisons Monsanto has developed in the past and it is not a hard leap.

Why is it legal for one company to poison America's food supply?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

edit on 14-6-2013 by Wertdagf because: (no reason given)

That's not right at all, at all. In fact it's the secondary effects that are the bigger danger.

npic.orst.edu...
edit on 14-6-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Dear smurfy,

Thanks, I had to give you a star for the link. I hope you'll not see me as ungrateful for still being confused.

The link seemed to be a summary, or popularization, from a dozen years ago. Should we assume it's still valid?

Let's say that it is valid. Here's the part that confuses me:

Studies seem to implicate one particular class of chemicals -- chlorophenols. Chlorophenols are chlorine-containing chemicals that include dioxins, PCBs, DDT, and the so-called "phenoxy herbicides," including the weed killers 2,4,5-T, and 2,4-D. This last one is the most popular crabgrass and dandelion killer in America, sold as Weed-B-Gone, Weedone, Miracle, Demise, Lawn-Keep, Raid Weed Killer, Plantgard, Hormotox, and Ded-Weed, among other trademarked names.

I'm confused for two reasons. One, this chemical doesn't seem to be used for crops as Roundup is, and two, Roundup uses a different chemical as it's active ingredient. Are we looking at an apple and escalator comparison?

With respect,
Charles1952

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join