It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Master Mason (PHA)

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by terma

What is the monthly cost after passing through probation?

(you said no question is too stupid to ask so I submit those)

That's one of those 'how long is a piece of string?' kind of questions. Entrance into our lodge costs $500 once your application clears the background check. Then the lodge dues are about $120/yr after that. Not high finance all things considered.

HTH
Fitz

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by pigsy2400
reply to post by Level_Head

Hi OP,

I am intrigued to know what people within Freemasonary think of the whole "Freemasons want to destroy the world" strangeness,..

do you all sit around and have a good chuckle about it?

Honestly, in my experience it really isn't a topic for discussion as the very suggestion is at odds with what Freemasonry is all about. However, when certain individuals are locked onto a certain assumption about another group there is precious little that will disabuse them of this (to them) cherished belief. Best to leave them in their angry wilderness and move on with real life

Fitz

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pigsy2400

Hi OP,

I am intrigued to know what people within Freemasonary think of the whole "Freemasons want to destroy the world" strangeness,..

do you all sit around and have a good chuckle about it?

I personally think it is stupid. We do have a good chuckle about it from time to time. Usually after Lodge business is taken care of....during dinner

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthontheloose

what is the celestial lodge

The celestial lodge is allegory for the after life. It is not to be taken literally. There is no promise that after you die you go to a lodge in the sky. Agin, it is allegory

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Emeraldous
Secrets are for children.
2nd

Well then..tell me your social security number, bank account number, how much you make and what you do in the privacy of your own home. Ill wait patiently since there are no secrets.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by terma
I stumbled into a lodge one night to ask for directions and saw three or four masons standing around shooting pool. Most people I know joke and talk while playing pool so I admired their concentration. As I left I was told that I could submit a petition. I had no idea what he was talking about. That was a long time ago. Two questions:

Is shooting pool a way to practice geometry or something?

What is the monthly cost after passing through probation?

(you said no question is too stupid to ask so I submit those)

In my Lodge $300 would be asked of you along with your petition. That $300 can be paid in installments. After you are Raised to Master Mason, my Lodge has monthly dues of $10...that equals up to $120 per year

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

do you ever think to yourself it's not FREE & IT'S NOT MASONARY why not call it EXPENSIVE SPECULATION

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

Well done laddy...
Its even worse if you consider that they say "Freemyson"...

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
What part of Freemasonry solely relies on faith?
and I'm not talking about the requisite particular that suggest an expressed belief.
I'm asking about the degrees as if a member is/was tried.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie

do you ever think to yourself it's not FREE & IT'S NOT MASONARY why not call it EXPENSIVE SPECULATION

The term "free: deals with being a free man and having free will. The term "MASONRY' not "MASONARY" deals with the speculative form of building...not actual stone masonry. In essence, building yourself and spiritual edifice and not actual buildings

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

It's not the price that dictates freedom or not. Silly rabbit.

reply to post by Pinocchio

Freemasonry relies on faith of the candidate is telling the truth as well in the investigation committee that they did their job.

I'm asking about the degrees as if a member is/was tried.

I'm failing to see what you mean.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

As a student of Masonic tenets I do not rely on faith that I will prevail.
I learn from bits and pieces here and there. They're formed in unto ineffables and/or epiphanies.
My query is... do Masons of heredom become components of trials and tribulations which can not be met with their craft(s)... hence solely reliant on faith to prevail.

Silly rabbit eh? That's classic.
You got one out of a hat.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Interesting that you mention Quetzalcoatl as not only the feathered serpent, but the morning star god. Who else is/was the morning star? Venus/Lucifer, and Jesus.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Do Freemasons believe in a separate, albeit connected body, from our physical one, in which we may traverse this celestial lodge?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Is the Tyler the same as the Tiler?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
Do Freemasons believe in a separate, albeit connected body, from our physical one, in which we may traverse this celestial lodge?

No.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

What happens to us when we die? It’s a question everyone eventually asks themselves at some point in their life. It transcends racial, social, political, economic and gender lines, making it the one question common to all human beings whether we like it or not. Yet ever since the first men and woman began pondering their mortality a hundred thousand years ago, the answer has eluded us. What does happen when we die? What becomes of our soul, our mind, our personality – our very essence? For that matter, do we even have such a thing as a soul, or is it all an illusion we have created to give ourselves a sense of permanence and the hope of immortality?

Now, are you quite sure you understood the previous question?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Now, are you quite sure you understood the previous question?

Quite sure. If you want the opinions of individual Masons that is a different story. Masonry, the Institution, teaches no such thing.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

Ahem. Well, then I stand, set straight. Thank you, Augustus. I think it was I who had not understood what you had meant. Now I do. Have a star and a good day, sire. You are both a gentleman and a scholar.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Is the Tyler the same as the Tiler?

I guess to expound on my inquisition, would a Tyler be one who even permits entry to walk across such a board, hmm?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17 >>

join