It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Master Mason (PHA)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

What I'm saying is that no one can say for certain where Freemasonry came from. It's all speculation and theory.

Even though everything about all masonic rituals stems from Egyptology

Please show us then. Show us a comparison of our ritual and Egyptian myth.

posted on Jun, 26 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

Who are you to say who is and who isn't worthy?

You make your argument without any evidence. It's not our job to do your work for you. No one is going to take your word at it. The whole "I'm right, you're wrong" argument you pose is sad and childish.

ALL fraternal orders and cults stem from this aspect of world history, directly or indirectly, Egypt is the source.

This you cannot say.

It cannot be refuted...

Sure it can as you have not provided any proof or evidence.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kody27

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus
If you want anyone to take you seriously you need to lay out a better arguement, "In X part of the ritual we see Y taking place or represented which clearly has a correllary to Egypt because of Z".

Oh, while you are at it you need to start linking your sources. It makes it much easier to check what you are using and also gives credit to anyone you are citing.

Yeah I could I just really don't feel the need to go through all that work to convince someone who is already not worthy of knowing the truth.

Isn't that cute. Junior's trying to teach Granny how to suck eggs. I'm sure you heard this in school: "Show your work!"

Don't expect anyone to take you seriously just because you make grand assertions (with the emphasis on the first syllable). If you don't, you will be ignored by all but the most credulous

Fitz

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Just a curious question> How do you reconcile freely and gladly answering all questions with being a "keeper of secrets"....just wondering?

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Easy, if a question is asked that falls in the secret category, we will simply say we cannot answer that because we promised not to. Then you will know to look elsewhere for the answer. Like Google.

Since none of the secrets are earth shattering, it's not a big deal. Plus, we have all seen the secrets listed in the internet time and time again.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Is finding the source of freemasonry really an issue? I think Manly Hall already went through all this in several books. The history reaches back beyond Egypt into India and then through Atlantis, from what I've read. At that time it had nothing to do with Freemasons in the future who simply compiled everything they could, which they believed was valuable and in need of protection for future generations. We are the future generations so why not just look at all the available information instead of arguing about the past? Even in the beginnings of BOTA you get the basics, if you want to keep paying your $18 a month...I prefer available books.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by terma

The history of masonry is murky. Masonic scholars have been looking for definitive proof and not found it as of yet. Every author that has started this search can only offer his opinion until some actual evidence that all can agree on is found.

It may very well come from Atlantis. But Atlantis is still a mythical place as it has not been located.

I just think people are trying to put way too much power into what Freemasonry is. It's a fraternity based on teachings from the Bible. Life lessons taught through allegory and symbolism. It's a pre-cursor to many different schools of thought in ancient mysteries but in my opinion, has little to offer in that regard.

It's a brotherhood I am proud to be a part of. I enjoy what I have learned thus far, but in scratching the surface of Hermetic teachings, it's not even in the ballpark.

Maybe some kids have the need to always be right. I am happy with "I don't know yet".
edit on 27-6-2013 by network dude because: augustusmasonicus spills more beer than most drink.

edit on 27-6-2013 by network dude because: augustusmasonicus spills more beer than most drink.

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicCitizen
Just a curious question> How do you reconcile freely and gladly answering all questions with being a "keeper of secrets"....just wondering?

As stated earlier there are some things that I promised not to reveal. None of which are groundbreaking or have any affect on anyone in the World. But besides those things I would be happy to discuss whatever you would like to discuss

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Level_Head

what is the celestial lodge

posted on Jun, 27 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by truthontheloose

Depending on your faith, but for most it means the Afterlife, for Christian Masons it would be Heaven.

reply to post by billdadobbie

L
L No. Lodge is usually for official business and degree conferral.

I've played chess in the dining room of our Lodge.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie
do you play chess in your lodge

Yes, with people. That is our secret.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I stumbled into a lodge one night to ask for directions and saw three or four masons standing around shooting pool. Most people I know joke and talk while playing pool so I admired their concentration. As I left I was told that I could submit a petition. I had no idea what he was talking about. That was a long time ago. Two questions:

Is shooting pool a way to practice geometry or something?

What is the monthly cost after passing through probation?

(you said no question is too stupid to ask so I submit those)

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by terma

Yes, shooting pool is much easier when using geometry. However, it's not anything masonic, the brothers just happened to have a table. (we do not
)

In my area of NC, it costs about $125 to submit your application, of which you would get $100 refunded if you were not approved. (the $25 is for a background check)

Yearly dues are $65. You can give donations at meetings for charity, but it's not required.

Some areas have slightly higher or lower dues, but in general, masonry isn't very expensive.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by terma

A few of us are trying to save money for a pool table.

Is shooting pool a way to practice geometry or something?

Most professional pool players do use a lot of math in their game.

What is the monthly cost after passing through probation?

Most Lodges have annual dues and that is left up to each Lodge.

My Lodge charges $300 for initiation and annual dues are $125.

posted on Jun, 28 2013 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I read once... that the cubicle stone is positioned to reveal by sight: (and thus):
1) three surfaces visible
2) three surfaces hidden
3) nine edges visible
4) three edges hidden
5) seven points visible
6) one point hidden

This thingy is/was suppose to instruct an apprentice but about what I dunno.
Can you elaborate and clarify if it is presented as such.

I'll start by saying... ignorance and fanaticism and tyranny were mentioned.
Beware... I'm not looking for secrets. Just a yes and/or no with a simple explanation about it being used to instruct. TY in advance.

Oh... and I broke a rock with a stick once. Did you know?

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude

Originally posted by billdadobbie
do you play chess in your lodge

Yes, with people. That is our secret.
now it's not a secret anymore somebody will be along to take you down to the shore line soon and your entrails will be scattered to the wind

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Secrets are for children.
2nd

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Level_Head

Hi OP,

I am intrigued to know what people within Freemasonary think of the whole "Freemasons want to destroy the world" strangeness,..

do you all sit around and have a good chuckle about it?

posted on Jul, 5 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by billdadobbie

Run Network! Run!

reply to post by Emeraldous

Incorrect. Everyone has secrets and practices secrecy at some level.

Secrecy: What's the Big Deal?

reply to post by pigsy2400

Anti-Masons and their conspiracies are usually just a big joke.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join