It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Appleton, Wisconsin, Cigar-shaped UFO

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I found this video of a cigar-shaped UFO hovering over an area in Wisconsin. The video was apparently taken on May 31, 2013, in Appleton. It might be CGI, but it doesn't look like it is. The video is also more than two minutes, which makes me think that this is not CGI, as usually, CGI UFO videos are relatively short.

Another interesting thing is that, the object turns about 90 degrees towards the end of the video, and moves out of sight, into the clouds. The object did not move, or moved very, very slightly, while it was turning, which is again, an interesting thing. Because of this, the object is very likely not a balloon, as balloons don't usually stay in one position, then turn 90 degrees, while not even moving.

Here is the video:

edit on 14-6-2013 by extraterrestrialentity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There doesn't seem to be a lot of hand shaking going on like there is normally in UFO footage....

It is quite well filmed, that's if it is real, but the person filming it doesn't seem to be very excited by the object he has in his sights, which I feel is really strange indeed. If that was me I would be doing my best to film it, but I would also be so excited I would be at least shouting at somebody else to have a look even if nobody else was there...

So it's a no no from me.......

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by davethebear
There doesn't seem to be a lot of hand shaking going on like there is normally in UFO footage....

It is quite well filmed, that's if it is real, but the person filming it doesn't seem to be very excited by the object he has in his sights, which I feel is really strange indeed. If that was me I would be doing my best to film it, but I would also be so excited I would be at least shouting at somebody else to have a look even if nobody else was there...

I'm sorry but I found this comment so rediculous I had to comment a little off-topic..Each UFO I've seen in real life has left me stunned and at a loss for words, just looking up at the object in awe. Just because somebody does not immediately get excited about a UFO in the sky shouldn't make you automatically discredit this video as fake or hoaxed or what have you. Humans aren't all the same and we deal with situations in very different ways. Maybe this man was excited and he just has a different way of showing it. When I get excited I don't jump up and down shouting and screaming, I do that on the inside while keeping a calm composure on the outside. Just something to think about.

That being said I believe this is real, but I'm no expert so take that with a grain of salt.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by extraterrestrialentity

I can't say for sure but my feeling is that it is CGI , the guy filming has little to no reaction to the object other than a sneeze and a couple of words I couldn't make out ... this doesn't help either .

Our goal is it to upload real UFO sightings because with today's modern Computer technology you can fake many things. We own all distribution rights of the uploaded videos on our YouTube channel. If you like to use videos for uploads or commercial use please contact us through YouTube

I also think its more pencil shaped than Cigar-shaped .

This is another one of their videos , I somehow don't believe their assertion that they upload "real UFO sightings"

I also believe I've seen the above video before so if UFObook have the copyright I think it may be a puppet account for another group of hoaxers .

edit on 14-6-2013 by gortex because: Edit to add

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

All I know, is when the guy coughed it scared the hell out of me.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Appleton is a college town, so I wouldn't rule out prank/hoax.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoFeelsitKnowsit

Originally posted by davethebear

I'm sorry but I found this comment so rediculous I had to comment a little off-topic..Each UFO I've seen in real life has left me stunned and at a loss for words, just looking up at the object in awe. Just because somebody does not immediately get excited about a UFO in the sky shouldn't make you automatically discredit this video as fake or hoaxed or what have you. Humans aren't all the same and we deal with situations in very different ways. Maybe this man was excited and he just has a different way of showing it. When I get excited I don't jump up and down shouting and screaming, I do that on the inside while keeping a calm composure on the outside. Just something to think about.

That being said I believe this is real, but I'm no expert so take that with a grain of salt.

Hey, I wasn't trying to sound ridiculous, even though it may have sounded like I was. I have a great interest in UFO's etc, that particular film footage of the cigar shaped craft was very similar to one that I saw in the late seventies when I was a child, but unfortunately I was on my own at the time.

I always talk about it, but there are times when you wish that there was somebody else about to share such a moment with.

I am a very excitable person and I know for a fact that even though I would be trying to keep my hands as still as possible I would be trying to get somebody else to witness it also,. but that's just me. I suppose we all have our own ways of dealing with things. You were explaining the way that you are in certain situations, that's fine, but I was just stating the way that I would be.......to me the video looks very authentic, but what do I know? In this day and age anything can be simulated by all kinds of means....

link   

Wow thanks, that's a good video.

There are rain drops in front of it too, so that makes it seem even more unlikely to be CGI.

And there is no way that's a balloon.

I have no idea what it is. Freaky.

edit on 14-6-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

link   

Got a give ya a star and flag for that video for the mere fact my buddy up in Appleton Wi. called me up around Dec. and was freaking out about seeing a VAILIXI.... and believe he is no UFO enthusiast or believer.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kreyvic
VAILIXI....

Quoted for significance.
Everyone search that keyword for fun!

And since I have been looking into Zechariah recently, here is a link:
Zechariah 5:1

I looked again, and there before me was a flying scroll. 2 He asked me, “What do you see?” I answered, “I see a flying scroll, twenty cubits long and ten cubits wide.[a]”

Bible UFOlogy never ceases to amaze me.
edit on 14-6-2013 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Even the sound seems fake..rain with birds tweeting. Lots of other outdoor sounds but the voice seems very much in an enclosed room.

edit on 14-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I can't watch the video yet because I'm at work, but discrediting a video based upon the reactions of the person filming based upon "what you would do" isn't at all logical.

And not on topic but COOL, I haven't seen many UFO videos from my home state

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   

former FBI Special Agent Ben Hansen stepped in to help The Huffington Post with these latest UFO videos. "I'm saying the cigar-shaped one is computer-generated imagery," Hansen told HuffPost in an email. "There's no indication that the thing is turning, despite the description.
I think they did a good job with the tracking as far as their zooming is concerned, but it looks like all they did was make the size increase and then decrease to a point. "The movement was way too smooth -- I'd say definitely computer software.
It couldn't stay in one place so steadily without some drifting by the wind. You can see that the clouds move slightly to the right, and a craft would be fighting that current and it had no dimensionality to it when it supposedly turned."
www.huffingtonpost.com...

That sounds like a pretty good assesment of the video to me .

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Thank you for the kind post.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

It looks like thirdphaseofmoon has some new competition on Youtube.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Interesting video, but it's odd how the UFO flies directly away from the camera.

Even if and when someone legitimately captures an alien craft on camera, it's going right to the "hoax" pile because basement dwellers have flooded the web with hundreds, thousands of fakes and frauds.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

IF taken by a smart phone or Iphone.. I'd say it's shopped.. if not..

hard to tell ..

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   

the thing that bothers me about its authenticity is that when it turns it turns into a dot. the length should still be visible from the camera's perspective. if it's not fake then the craft didn't turn 90 degrees and instead turned into a dot and disappeared, like the old crt tv set screens used to do when you turned them off.

edit on 14-6-2013 by bottleslingguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:28 PM
link   
They have a Harbor Freight store in Appleton. Looks like a good place to buy big flying pencils too.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Here's another two videos from the same guy's cigar box.

Note the sounds in all the videos!

All very, very hoaxy.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join