It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Survives Saw In Stomach - Shocking Image!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
A Brazilian farmer has his wife to thank for saving his life after he narrowly escaped death when his a circular power saw slipped and got lodged in his stomach.

According to Sky News the saw was lodged 10cm into his stomach. It apparently slipped and sliced through his abdomen while he was sawing wood at his home...

He has survived after being taken to hospital with a circular power saw lodged 10cm into his stomach.

Gregory Steinmedc was rushed to the nearest hospital, 30 miles away by his wife Frida, who fortunately knew enough first aid to stop the bleeding, which doctors later said had likely saved his life.

The surgery took about two hours and was made more difficult by the fact that Steinmedc had a previously transplanted kidney. The saw had narrowly missed many of his vital organs.

He is now recovering in hospital from his ordeal.

news.sky.com...
edit on 14-6-2013 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2013 by davethebear because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-6-2013 by davethebear because: photo change

Ooh, I bet that was sore (saw)......see what I did there...hahah........Oh, never mind

edit on 14-6-2013 by davethebear because: spelling mistake

edit on 14-6-2013 by davethebear because: photo change

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
This is exactly why my wife does not want me buying power tools.

Not that she is cheap, or anything.....

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   
That was clearly NOT a saw...

What do you expect putting a rip saw blade onto an angle grinder?

That's extremely dangerous and just asking for trouble.

Angle grinder RPMs are much too high for larger saw blades.

Angle grinders must be the most dangerous tool ever even WITH the proper blades.

I have a scar on my arm to prove it...

Below is a quote from a story about someone who died doing this same exact thing:

A man died after fitting the wrong blade to an angle grinder causing it to kick back and slice into his neck, an inquest heard today. Alastair Green suffered horrific injuries as he tried to use the angle grinder to remove a tree stump in the garden of his home in Market Harborough, Leicestershire. According to the manufacturer's instructions, the tool should only have been used with a grinding disk, but Mr Green, 31, had modified the tool and attached a circular saw blade.

As he attempted to cut through the stump, the contact of the blade - spinning at 100 revolutions a second - with the timber caused a 'tremendous' kick-back which forced the tool into its user. Despite her desperate attempts at first aid, paramedics pronounced him dead at the scene a short time later. The blade had severed his throat and main arteries, the inquest in Leicester heard.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

A FARMER in Brazil had a lucky escape after slicing himself in the stomach with an angle grinder.
www.thesun.co.uk...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

FYI: they DO make wood blades for these things (see below) but I would take extreme caution when using them.

www.kwiktoolusa.com...

www.leevalley.com

Saw Blades for Angle Grinders

edit on 14-6-2013 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Ouch!

Lucky it wasn't lower.

new topics

top topics

join