It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Washington Post - Classified Docs Reveal Obama Upcoming Africa trip cost up to 100 Million $$

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
As we all struggle to makes ends meet, our President is considering a lavish trip to Africa......

Most of the country is struggling to pay the bills in their household and now they need to worry about covering the Presidents vacations...

US Govt. PLEASE get your priorities straight... You are ALL bleeding this country dry.

I'm furious. I have not had a vacation in five years. I'm disgusted and sick of the Obamas and their lavish vacations. My husband and I having more taxes pulled out of our checks to go to Obama care, we are barely making ends meet. We are stressed beyond our limits. Michelle and Barry want to live like celebrities and they don't give a damn about our country. I can barely get food on the table, but see Michelle go on talk shows informing America how to eat healthy.
Someone cue up the video of her stuffing food in her mouth at that dinner. They are going to suck the amenities of the WH as much as they can before they have to get out.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Originally posted by FlyersFan
My question ... what is worth $100 million to us taxpayers for send the first family over there?

Maybe a lot more than we know. This isn't just a family vacation trip... He'll be working in every country

Rhodes said the emerging democracies on the president's itinerary are crucial partners in regional security conflicts. Obama will hold bilateral meetings with each country's leader in an effort to forge stronger economic ties. He will reportedly also highlight global health programs, including HIV/AIDS prevention.

Source

edit on 6/14/2013 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

They need to stay home, and take care of THIS country.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
Wow...

You take vacations to reward yourself for a job well done.

This has got to be fake.

We have King Obama spending a 10TH OF A BILLION DOLLARS of OUR money.

Just...WOW!

Even if he does work. That doesn't justify spending that much when you could use the internet, and a simple video conferencing program.

Hell just make some long distance phone calls.

Glad to know hundreds of security forces pretty much get to go on vacation on our dime also.

edit on 14-6-2013 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

I agree. If he has important work to do in Africa, then fly him over, let him get the job done, then come right back. No need to spend $$$$$$$ or go on sight seeing jaunts. This is getting ridiculous. They will find any excuse to vacation.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Is Kenya on the Presidential route ?

If it is, you could almost call it a home coming.

posted on Jun, 23 2013 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by Daedalus

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by jhn7537
our President is considering a lavish trip to Africa......

It's more than 'considering'. It's on the schedule. So are the Germany and Ireland trips.
My question ... what is worth $100 million to us taxpayers for send the first family over there?

NOTHING is worth it....with things as they are now, all presidential vacations should be canceled...

if we can't take a tour of the white house, or see a blue angels show, then the the president and his family can't go on vacations....

seriously, there should be a special committee in place that answers to the american people, and is responsible for approving or denying any and all presidential vacations, or recreational activities, that would burden the taxpayer with their cost.

going to camp david, or one of the other existing presidential retreats is one thing, because they're already there for the president and his family to use...but if you wanna go to france, or africa, or throw a big-ass birthday party...well, you gotta ask the people for permission to spend their money on that...and if you're doing a s**tty job, and they're not fond of you...well, just expect to not be taking any special trips...

As I understand it, the trip is official, if you don't want your president to do official trips, petition the White House.
Much of the cost is a paper exercise for budget purpose as far as those who are already employed anyway.
What you may need to question is if all the services are not in house, and if so, who or what are they?

"Official"

WTF does that even MEAN?

Official vacation?
Official waste of money?

This trip is COMPLETELY unnecessary, as the same meetings with foreign officials could be just as easily done, and at FAR less cost to the american taxpayer, using something along the lines of Cisco Telepresence™

no need for the POTUS to travel, no need to drag his family along, no need to turn it into a vacation. if the american people can't afford a vacation, then goddamnit, he doesn't get to use money the federal government stole from us to go on an excessively expensive vacation....

it ain't right.

and wow....petition the white house? are you bloody serious? you honestly believe that works?....that there's ANYONE there who gives a rat's ass what we think anymore?
edit on 23-6-2013 by Daedalus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Seems we didn't know. They were together.

Bush and Obama together Africa trip

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join