It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health Benefits Come Under Knife Ahead Of ObamaCare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Back to an old argument here: why do we make it less desirable to get married?
To destroy the nuclear family of course. That has been a liberal/progressive/communist wet dream for nearly a century.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starchildren
Obama care has completely screwed up my life.

I was in school full time, to finish up my degree.

Husband working full time.

Obama care goes into effect.

Husband's hours are cut to part time. Insurance goes bye bye.

Husband starts looking for job, can't find a 2nd one. Still can't.

His paycheck is taxed heavily.

I have to put college on hold to work 2 part time jobs in order for us to not starve to death.

My check is taxed heavily.

We are still struggling.

Found out last month that with our current income we would never qualify for medicaid even though we are riding the poverty line.

I was told that our annual household income could NOT exceed 10,000 a year. That's right, 10 k a year for us to qualify for medicaid.

So basically my husband and I will be paying for someone's elses health care, yet WE cannot afford a health care plan for ourselves and we will be fined at the end of the year because we can't get one.

All the jobs are going to part time up here.

Now, how in the hell will I ever get health care? I won't. But I will be paying for someone else to get it, while money is continually sifted out of my check for it.

Something seems really wrong about all this.

Welcome to the "change" the 47% and their sympathizers voted for. If you don't believe this "change" is in your best interest, you must be a selfish, poor people hating, racist. Welcome to obama world.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Back to an old argument here: why do we make it less desirable to get married?
To destroy the nuclear family of course. That has been a liberal/progressive/communist wet dream for nearly a century.

You need to prove that the nuclear family is actually a staple of human civilization before you go down that road.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

The misnamed Affordable Care Act has shown itself to be anything but. People are getting screwed out of their current health insurance as a direct result of how this travesty of a bill was passed.
Personally, I can only see two good provisions from this bill.
1) People with pre-existing conditions cannot be denied coverage. They should be charged market rates though

2) Young people can stay on their parent's coverage longer.

The rest of the bill should be totally scrapped. Most especially the part coercing Americans to buy a product they do not want. That goes against everything this country used to stand for.

news.investors.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

How about expanding medicare to all LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS (read: no illegals) and if someone doesn't want coverage under that, they can opt out and purchase high priced private insurance.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by supremecommander

The misnamed Affordable Care Act has shown itself to be anything but. People are getting screwed out of their current health insurance as a direct result of how this travesty of a bill was passed.
Personally, I can only see two good provisions from this bill.
1) People with pre-existing conditions cannot be denied coverage. They should be charged market rates though

2) Young people can stay on their parent's coverage longer.

The rest of the bill should be totally scrapped. Most especially the part coercing Americans to buy a product they do not want. That goes against everything this country used to stand for.

news.investors.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

How about expanding medicare to all LEGAL AMERICAN CITIZENS (read: no illegals) and if someone doesn't want coverage under that, they can opt out and purchase high priced private insurance.
Do I get the option to opt out of paying for your insurance?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join