It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When Love happens...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
and the heart starts beating again...

Hiya Friends,

On my solitary journey that lead to more loneliness, after five years of getting accustomed to being alone, this strange and unexpected thing happened. I met someone.

I say unexpected because the separation from my wife five years ago had left me broken like a toy that has no more usefulness, hurt from the wounds of depression and breakdown, that sorta healed but left profound scars. Even though I was the one that took the decision to leave since that union was becoming unbearable after twenty something years, loneliness and boredom soon made their way to depression and major meltdown.

For two years, I could barely stand being around women. I was lacking trust in them, especially after the backstabbing legal procedures started beating me left, right and center. In the third year following the separation, I put myself back on the market slowly. Tried dating websites and found out that they were filled with players or money grabbers. I still had major trust issues and even if I've met a few women, here and there, it simply wasn't clicking.

My sister had told me that I had closed my heart shut and that I wasn't in a good "meeting" attitude. She was right. I remembered the pain and didn't really believe in the hope that I would fall in love again.

A few months back, I joined dating sites again. Same games, seemed like no one was too serious about relationships. Some women were catalogue ordering..."looking for someone taller than 6', blue eyes, blah blah blah. Some women seemed sincere but the profiles didn't match too well.

This is where the point of this thread is arising.

On ATS, we often share experiences, the good ones and the bad ones. We sometimes give advice. We sometimes talk of our personal stuff. And one day, a few months back, Smylee had put a post in a thread somewhere stating that she had met her husband on e-harmony. I had read about e-harmony but never joined. That day, I did.

The site was more interesting and people seemed more serious. I looked at profiles but nothing clicked. Had some invites, didn't click. Then a few weeks ago, after someone had sent me a nice line, I replied.

We've been going regular a couple of weeks ago. Surprisingly, I do feel in love again and so does she. I don't honestly think that I've felt like this since my teens, or when I started dating my ex, almost thrity years ago.

So aside from saying Thank You Smylee for sharing a personal part of your life and Thank You ATS, the only other point of this thread would be that it feels darn good to love and feel loved again.

And it feels good to feel the heart pulsating, once more.

~Son.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Glad to hear your back

enjoy.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

cool man, i feel happy for you, its good to have a special someone...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I don't know you but I truly am happy for you

Your experience sounds like an ad E-Harmony could use
but who cares, you wanted to share your feelings and trust me, it might help some people keeping faith and believing that somewhere out there, the "right" person is waiting for them.

Thank you for opening up to us.

Enjoy your day and your new life

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Relationship breakdown is one of the hardest things to cope with, I also have the same kind of experience....

But it takes time to get yourself together before you can open your heart again...

I am so glad you have found a love and the smile is yet again beaming across your face...

Good luck in all you do my friend and most of all enjoy yourself.......

edit on 14-6-2013 by davethebear because: spelling mistake

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Thank you guys for the well wishes.

It is much appreciated !!!

join