It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden drops bombshell about China

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Alfie1

Don't all traitors peddle the truth ? Wouldn't really be traitors otherwise.

What makes you think they are traitors.. Assange is not a US citizen. He cannot be a traitor. All Wikileaks does is publish information. Like a newspaper but different. It is the governments jobs to keep their secrets safe, Not a journalist. You may or may not like the information. But the truth remains the truth..

Manning released information most of which low level, Shows the inner working of government and highlighted the torture and abuse that the USA was complicit in. Torture of Prisons of War is illegal under international law. Reporting on war crimes should not be chargeable..

Snowden released information on human rights abuses. What he did certainly breaks European Law and you lot over the pond should be happy to have some information on how your government is misbehaving. It is out of control and seems hellbent on brining half the world down with it..

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
You gotta be kidding me!This is news? Hes gotta come up with more details to shock me.......
The data collecting has been furiously going on for multi decades!
I think the choice of China for a refuge, speaks volumes about the changes in the worlds order since russia bowed out of the cold war......
Maybe hes a spy, but then again maybe he feels safer in China Than in russia where the US does have some resources......
China is hacking the US 24/7, they must already be well aware we hack them.
Echelon intercepts all the worlds communications for analysis since the 50s.....whats new?

whats new? is that its out in the open now and not just the musings of "conspiricy theorist nutjobs" as they like to call us. so i ask, are we still conspircy theroist nutjobs when it turns out to be true?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
The South China Morning Post has been running details on this case since day 1.

www.scmp.com...

A highlight of this particular article is that the Chinese have known all about the US and hacking. " He said the central government was aware of the hacking by the United States and would not seek to capitalise on the hacking revelations made by Snowden. " (4th paragraph)

They also have a sort of resume of the affair to date, with a list of associated articles at the bottom of the page.

www.scmp.com...

Worth a look to see what the locals think of the affair.

They do mention in one article, an unusual aspect, Snowden used a memory "Thumb" stick to save data, which of course would/was banned in the offices in which he worked.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun
Apparently you have never played the big game. Agents never die, or should i say get killed.

What? Agents die all the time. There was a thread on ATS not too long ago celebrating the death of CIA and/or Mossad agents in Iran. (ATS doesn't really care whose they were, Great Satan and Little Satan are both Satan.)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD

Originally posted by neo96

Chinese government officials that the country has been a victim of similar hacking efforts coming from the United States

Now I know Snowden is full of hydrochloro bullhockey.

Really sitting there say the US is stealing technology from China!!!

REALLY?

China steals trillions in technology from hacking.
edit on 14-6-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

So are you saying because china steals tech from America America doesn't steal anything from china?

Theres plenty of stuff china does better than America.

edit on 14-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

When America wants to steal Chinese technology, they steal their scientists and engineers. And more so, they steal their graduate students - about 65% of engineering phds given out in America for the last few years have come from Asia, and the majority of whom were from China or India.

EDIT:
Actually, about 70% of engineering phds given in America are to 'foriegn born' students. Still trying to find the article that details the nationality breakup. But I'm reasonably sure most are Asian students because there aren't as many competitive universities where a student has access to the facilities needed to do reasearch.
linky

edit on 15-6-2013 by Irako because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-6-2013 by Irako because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
People don't seem to notice the post I made earlier. www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well let ,e see if I can get people to look a little closer at Chinas biggest internet company. Tencent QQ.

www.tencent.com...

TONG, Taosang (Dowson Tong) President of Social Network Group, Senior Executive Vice President Dowson Tong, President of Social Network Group. Dowson joined Tencent in 2005 and had been responsible for the management of product platform as well as research and development of Internet Business since October 2008. Since May 2012, Dowson has been responsible for the development of social networking platform and open-platform. Prior to Tencent, Dowson worked in Oracle for database development and testing; and was involved in ERP system development and testing in Oracle Applications. He also delivered Oracle DBA course in UC Extension. Dowson also worked for Sendmail Software in managing the development teams of operator-scale messaging system and anti-spam filtering system; and later on involved in new product planning and business development. Dowson received his Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science from University of Michigan, Ann Arbor in 1991 and a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from Stanford University in 1997.

Here is another one from the US. And lets take a look a little deeper and see what we find.

Google + profile.
plus.google.com...

Do see that guy in his circle? Adam Hahn.

His Google + profile.

plus.google.com...

Works a OPWER and lives in Arlington VA.

How about his photos page/
plus.google.com...

Did you notice the link for 2009 easter egg roll? That is the White House Easter Egg Roll.

How about OPOWER?
en.wikipedia.org...

President Obama's Visit[edit]
President Barack Obama visited Opower headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, on March 5, 2010. He touted the company as an economic "success story" amid a troubled economy and as a "great emblem" for clean-energy jobs.[14]
He made the visit two months after announcing a $2.3 billion program[15] of tax credits for "green jobs." "The work you do here ... is making homes more energy efficient, it's saving people money, it's generating jobs, and it's putting America on the path to a clean energy future," Obama said at Opower.[16]
The White House released a video[17] of Obama's appearance.

So not to interesting huh. How about a old news article then.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Opower, an Arlington-based company that works with utilities to promote energy efficiency, has received a $50 million investment from venture capitalists that executives said will be used to hire staff and improve the company's software.

The sum marks the third round of funding for the privately held company and is one of the largest venture investments landed by any firm in the region this year. Silicon Valley investors Accel Partners and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers led the investment, with participation from New Enterprise Associates.

Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers?
en.wikipedia.org...

In 1999, Kleiner Perkins and Sequoia Capital paid $25 million for 20% of Google—as of November 2008 Google's market capitalization stood at about $108 billion.

They own 25% of Google with Sequoia Capital who i closely tied to InQTel.

There is a lot more going on with spying in China then people know. And the US and China work together.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Lot's of people are already doubting him. Like his professional video and stressing all that he was giving up and ademitting he could be tried under the espionage act. Some think it might be to deter other leakers and also what good is a giant surveillance system if people aren't aware of it and controlled by it?

If people are afraid of surveillance they do more work controlling themselves than the surveillance system ever could.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Agreed. He crossed the line. I supported him at the onset, but now, (if the reports aren't fabricated), he's toast.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

So are you saying because china steals tech from America America doesn't steal anything from china? Theres plenty of stuff china does better than America.

We all know that historically, China invented Paper,Printing,Gunpowder and the Magnetic Compass, however,
I would challenge you to identify one electronic device that China produces, that was not previously invented and marketed in the U.S. or Japan.
edit on 15-6-2013 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by roguedesigner
The timing is very convenient for the Chinese.

Wonder how long Snowden has been working for them?

Lol, that's pretty funny. Shill much?

Your Pink Floyd signature quote gave you away. It's been used by more than a few other ATS "members".

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv

So are you saying because china steals tech from America America doesn't steal anything from china? Theres plenty of stuff china does better than America.

We all know that historically, China invented Paper,Printing,Gunpowder and the Magnetic Compass, however,
I would challenge you to identify one electronic device that China produces, that was not previously invented and marketed in the U.S. or Japan.
edit on 15-6-2013 by charlyv because: spelling where caught

Who says the US is stealing technology?

China owns a lot of our debt, the US may be hacking Chinese banking info.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen
Ugh. BeforeItsNews, lol.

On the news last night, they made the point that this guy appears to be making the move from whistle blower to spy, and drew an apt comparison to Phillip Agee. If he goes over to China, as it appears he will, I'd say that's about right.

Revealing what he did about domestic spying was the right thing to do, in my opinion, but telling the Chinese about military and intelligence operations against their government crosses the line.

I couldn't agree more. leaking to the American people that the government is spying on them is one thing. He broke the law by talking about a confidential program, but that is nowhere near grounds for treason. Releasing info to the Chinese of this nature is. He has crossed a line now that he will not be able to come back from.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Can someone please tell me how the American authorities could possibly label him as a traitor when its actually the US government and the NSA in the wrong?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Funny how china where US allies against the USSR during the Carter administration and where in on the engineering of the Soviet invasion of Afganistan to pull them into their own Vietnam and turn Islam against the soviets who where allies in WWII...
Makes me sick there is no end to this evil..

What a twisted web has been woven.

Now china is the big red enemy? Another engineered enemy to keep the Military Industrial Complex busy...

Without the threat of war they make no money.
How many have died, starved, suffered for this sick game that goes on and on right before the foolish eyes of the brainwashed masses?
[
edit on 17-6-2013 by Anonbeleiver77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by roadgravel
Who would doubt that the US MIC is hacking into every point possible for data collection and spying.

I would be more shocked if they were not.

I want so much to scream at ALL the governments, WHY THE &^%$ ARE YOU PUTTING SENSITIVE INFORMATION ONLINE ANYWAY???? Isn't this beyond STUPID?

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I dont think its so much about sensitive info being put online. What the governments are doing is effectively bugging the information intersections on the internet. Then they can get hold of any messages and info sent back and forth. This may contain juicy secrets / passwords etc that then can let them hack into company servers and data centers.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join