It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowden drops bombshell about China

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Sandalphon

"They're going to heap so many rumors on him that you'd think it was a tabloid. Snowden says there are aliens in washington DC. Snowden says he knows who shot Kennedy. Snowden knows where to find the body of Jimmy Hoffa. Snowden tells you what's inside the Bermuda Triangle."

You're probably right..though most of those answers are already known - Aliens check. Kennedy..it was the driver, check. Bermuda Triangle, 2 mother #ing huge crystal pyramids, check.

I have watched this unfold with interest, and continue to do so. But the more that happens, the more my gut instinct says that something isn't right than what it appears.

Months ago I was reading articles of a planned 3rd world war between USA and China/Russia. Is this the first cog in the wheel of motion? To divide us, to make us feel unsafe and that we are being watched at every turn.. It's like creating a problem before they offer us a solution to solve the problem they created.

Like many I thought David Icke was a nutbar, then things like this happen, and you start to ask yourself..you know what..maybe this guy is on to something, way in advance before it happens.

We all know they can programme people into doing whatever.. maybe this is the case with Snowden?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Question?
When did America and China become enemys?
Does U.S paranoia have no depths?
The cold war and vietnam taught you nothing? is it because their communists?

Way to start WWIII guys!

Hmmmm... Russia broke, North Korea a no show...
Lets make a new enemy so we can keep justifying making weapons and keep the world scared and divided so we can keep our stranglehold on 50% of the worlds wealth while the third world starves

edit on 15-6-2013 by Anonbeleiver77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:18 AM
link   
i think its been very well known about chinas invasion of privacy lol

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmittsrifEhtrof
i think its been very well known about chinas invasion of privacy lol

Its pretty plain who has the monopoly on invasion of privacy now though isn't it?

Uncle Sam with his hand stuck in the cookie jar
Whoops

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by PhoenixOD

You don't "plant a spy" by drawing so much attention to him that no government would want to go near him.

But thats exactly the kind of thinking that would be a great cover for a spy.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:39 AM
link   

That is the nature of the game.

spies die.

reply to post by tadaman

Apparently you have never played the big game. Agents never die, or should i say get killed. Its an honor among thieves kind of thing. Operatives yes. Agents or commanders never. Its more fun to expose and embarrasse.

This guy i believed in the beginning wanted to protect our constitutional rights, now i believe he is playing dirty and is a traitor. He wants to tell China we have been hacking them? The largest creative idea thief, business theif, patent theif, lying theif, human right to life theif. I am apologizing now, i before e unless its plagiarized, stolen, instead of Jordans you have basketball man shoes. Movies ripped, music ripped, fashion rippped, art ripped, business ripped, blueprints ripped, China couldn't carry an original thought ina ricshaw. We have the rightto protect our ideas. We have a right to prosecute against theft.

This guy now went to far. He crossed the river styx.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

World War Three will not be fought with armies but over computers.. The Chinese are fast out competing the USA on this front. They have a cyber army, the fastest pc in the world, some of the best satellites in space.. What good is the best military in the world if their satellites are down.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:48 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Don't all traitors peddle the truth ? Wouldn't really be traitors otherwise.

If I told the Germans in 1944 that the allied landings would be in Normandy that would have been the unvarnished truth. Would that have made me a hero ?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
Dont see why he is a traitor.

Last time I checked hacking was a international crime and hacking andother goverments compters is technacly a act of war.

The USA puts up a big song and dance when someone does it to them?

So really the USA cant moan if they are exposed doing what they claim is illegal and o so bad.

Hypocracy or what!

I am he signed some confidentiality agreement if he had access to this information, so yes, what he did was extremely illegal.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
- BeforeItsNews ... which means nothing.

- US Spying on China? Not exactly a bombshell. Everyone spys on everyone else. If the USA wasn't spying on China, then I'd be concerned that we weren't keeping up with the rest of the world as far as spying goes.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhoenixOD
The article goes on to say :

The claims came just days after U.S. President Barack Obama pressed Chinese President Xi Jinping to address cyberattacks emanating from China that Obama described as "direct theft of United States property." Snowden's allegations appear to give weight to claims by some Chinese government officials that the country has been a victim of similar hacking efforts coming from the United States. His claims came as Gen. Keith Alexander, the National Security Agency chief, testified at a U.S. Senate hearing that the country's cyberinfrastructure, including telephones and computer networks, is somewhat vulnerable to attack.

This would certainly seem an efficient solution for America to easily get hold of many of china's communications but why would he be giving out information like this? Isnt he just digging a deeper hole for himself?

I cant help wondering if his 'leaks' might just be something orchestrated by America itself. Are they just planting a spy in behind enemy lines by making him out to be a wanted man? Or maybe its just false info they are feeding to the Chinese?

Im sure we will be hearing plenty more about Snowden in the future.

CNN.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 14-6-2013 by PhoenixOD because: Added a better news source from member Krazysh0t

It's been theorized that they had special submarines that could lift up a undersea fibre-optic cable, dissect it, splice in a second fibre optic cable and then return everything to the sea-bed.

www.zdnet.com...

This article has some pictures on what the cables look like:

www.zdnet.com...

But there would always be the risk that the splicing isn't water-proof, that there would be contact between the submarine and the high-voltage metal power lines, or that the splicing would be detected. There's always the other danger that the cable would be lifted up to the surface.

It does make you wonder whether the reports of cables "damaged by anchors" are really the case:

econintersect.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by tadaman

World War Three will not be fought with armies but over computers.. The Chinese are fast out competing the USA on this front. They have a cyber army, the fastest pc in the world, some of the best satellites in space.. What good is the best military in the world if their satellites are down.

Technically the "fastest PC" is a supercomputer with thousands of GPU cards. But one supercomputer isn't always the best solution for all problems. Sometimes you are better off using FPGA's (generic programmable hardware), ASIC's (custom silicon), rather than CPU's or GPU's.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Ops hyperbole at its best, how is this a bombshell? Surely anyone with even a passing interest in military or political affairs would know that this would be the case

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by sirjunlegun

No I have not. I was referring to the fact that most countries consider espionage a crime punishable by death.

I agree with everything you said. They have made a culture of stealing ideas.

I still think there should be some sort of retaliation for theft of military secrets or other high level leaks.

Snowden may have started out legit like you say, but I agree he has gone too far. You don't get into bed with an enemy, and yes China is an enemy. One we can still negotiate with and carry on normal life with, but an enemy none the less.

He did what he did and now he needs to live with it. You don't get to do the right thing and get off Scott free. It goes with the territory of righteousness. You usually get your ass handed to you and suffer every step of the way.

Now he is doing the wrong thing and may endanger his people or at the very least hurt them somehow.

Snowden will not "live it out" in China.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I don't think so.

Maybe commercially in times of peace. In times of war, our military networks aren't sharing a satellite with MTV.

also, bullets and bombs kill, computers only make life more inconvenient. ANY military on earth could function for the most part without computers for a short period of time. If the black out was prolonged they would just use a more traditional deployment against an enemy.

WW3 would suck ass because many people will die, computers or not.

PS
for the moment the US still leads the computer world, we invented the PC revolution yesterday, we still got that one.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
double

edit on 15-6-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stormcell

While i agree that this could be very possible i also think it would be pretty difficult to get away without anyone noticing. The signals on any large network (even fiber optic) are very precisely timed and measured.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Like others have said, China could be accused of the same thing. Why make it sound like China is a completely innocent player or the only victim in this game when that clearly isn't the case?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

for the moment the US still leads the computer world, we invented the PC revolution yesterday, we still got that one.

I guess that depends on which side of the pond you are...

Sir Timothy John "Tim" Berners-Lee, OM, KBE, FRS, FREng, FRSA (born 8 June 1955),[1] also known as "TimBL," is a British computer scientist, best known as the inventor of the World Wide Web. He made a proposal for an information management system in March 1989,[4] and he implemented the first successful communication between a Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP) client and server via the Internet sometime around mid November.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join