It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a thought that sprung to mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Fear, we all suffer from it to and extent, it's basically a natural trait that we produce to safe guard our existence.
Yet that notion itself becomes a rather extensive topic to cover since fears are mostly subjective. I must Digress that this idea is simply something that popped to mind as I browsed this site. Well lets all quickly reflect on the world around us, the multifaceted mechanistic supper cities we have built to keep the economic wheel turning. We all are born into a system where the majority of us have to ''grow up'' or ''conform'' some day to find a suitable income to sustain our survival. This is fundamentally a fear based existence from the begin. Let us asses the influence of fear in the psyche of the human being with a short summary of conditions I can think of at this point in time.

1. Fear from being alone in this existence
2. Fear of wholly trusting another being
3. Fear from not having enough to be happy
4. Fear from authority
5. Fear from having no control
6. Fear of having no money,no future

Those are just to name a few commonly shared fears that many of us have on a daily basis. Now I am no psychologist although I find the social sciences fascinating, but those above mentioned fears only chain us from ourselves so to speak. When the mind is cloaked in a dark mist of fears it leads to more negative interaction in ones life. Almost like you falling in a bottomless pit and the only way you can get out is to imagine you have wings but you constantly doubt in your imagination. Well how do you think most successful people make to the top in this unfair, cruel, and brutish rat race. I think they just change there mindsets instantly releasing them from themselves and starting that 'seekers' journey that we all subconsciously want to engage in.

Now looking at the current world we live in, again with common sense, how long to you think we can continue this fear based existence where greed is a basic requirement. I suppose we puff our chests out and have us a jolly old confrontation with our fears. Imagine a world where fear does not govern the body. Imagine how much happier everybody will be. No body wants to kill when they are happy, or steal, or engage in any negative activities. The interaction will be real because everybody would be themselves, people will relate with other just like them and leave the others be because respect wouldn't be so difficult. Imagine a world were people can help each other achieve personal goals so that a future actually has a chance of existing for generations to come that continue to build the legacy of a peaceful man in this universe. So that life can do what its suppose to do when its alive, live, thrive, progress.

My imagination is still working, is yours

But like I said just a thought that sprung to mind

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
fear that because a thing has been accepted, culturally, that it is the right thing to do, an example being of the strange history of the planet as it applies to female humans. this is not a feminist rant, this is a shocking expose' of how truly horrific life is for women around the planet, such as female infanticide in india and china, fundie islam, fundie judaism, secularism gone amuck, science playing god, diseases targeting women, survival of the fittest going completely out of control resulting in the brutal rape and murder of women, and so on. just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. just because your society makes excuses to allow you to do so, doesn't mean you should. if anything else can be said about our planet, this one is a given:

FIFTY PERCENT OF THE PLANET'S POPULATION (female human) IS STILL TREATED AND THOUGHT OF AS INFERIOR BY NOT JUST RELIGIOUS PEOPLE BUT SECULAR AS WELL. this is the result of survival of the fittest mentality. if nature dictates that a man is physically stronger and able to subdue a woman, then she should just accept it as either an act of god making man superior or an act of nature making man superior. that is not how a civilized person should view their female friends, family members, etc. which is indicative of the backwards state of our societies. we still haven't learned how to treat 50% of the planet. fifty percent. FIFTY PERCENT (and this number is going down, as india and china have managed to kill 200 million female babies in the last 15 years). at least it won't be half of the planet anymore.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   
This is all common sense like you say but as long as we are meat eating predators we will be genetically disposed to doing what predators do best, removing all competition that gets in the way of our agenda.

I don't relish being part of what I consider to be a defective parasitic species, therefor the idea of imagining we could be any different then we are is extremely remote.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
IMO, fear is why we have a new religion ...."gunners". Buddhism would solve the fear problem. Apparently Christianity can't do that.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
as long as we are meat eating predators we will be genetically disposed to doing what predators do best, removing all competition that gets in the way of our agenda.

that only works in video games. in reality, real people being predated and not some fiction is not evidence of morality or anything even approaching superior behavior. making excuses for the behavior, just perpetuates it. there's really no excuse to treat 50% of the population like a subspecies. seriously. that this is still a rampant problem is related to the fact the guys making the decisions still view it that way, even when exquisitely educated and progressive.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InverseLookingGlass

Now, now....your thinking is upside down....the logic is flawed.....think really hard.

Excellent thread subject....very pertinent. Mel Brooks ..."High Anxiety"....
a comedy, but that subject matter is nothing to laugh at, huh!!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Fear is a good thing. There is a correct path to walk. Fear keeps you on it. Those on the correct path find joy. Joy is the reason for life. It's all we ever seek. Joy would not be found if fear didnt push you into it. Fear and joy are the life force.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeThinkerbychoice
When the mind is cloaked in a dark mist of fears it leads to more negative interaction in ones life. Almost like you falling in a bottomless pit and the only way you can get out is to imagine you have wings but you constantly doubt in your imagination.

The doubt comes first. Then, the fear. What if, for doubting, you felt joy instead? You would doubt more to feel joy more.

To get away from the fear, in this situation, you must get away from the doubt. So fear has its purpose.

Fear is an undesirable emotion, and thats what is good about it. It is helpful.

top topics

join