It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mother Of ALL Conspiracies.......(Hype Included)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Anytime I write a thread, I have one goal in mind...why is this a conspiracy? Glad you asked, but really that is the conspiracy...I really don't care.

I write to satisfy my own desires, not yours. I share what I want to share. You are free to respond, and I am free to ignore you.

People that get caught up in the dust storm of hatred did so all by themselves. Listen, if you write a thread and I respond and you don't like what I said, you are entitled to respond back.

The T&C is specific about what is acceptable and what isn't, so if something I write is removed, then I stepped over the line, this is not the "red line", it is completely unacceptable behavior that gets censored, me or anyone the MOD's feel crosses that line deserves to be dealt with; different levels of infractions require different levels of punishment.

I do enjoy humor and I have a sarcasm that is not always detected, but I just enjoy the banter. I write for my own pleasure; if someone gets satisfaction from something I share that is cool, but I really don't care.

Soul

PS I know this is not really a conspiracy thread, so if you must you must....

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by soulpowertothendegree

I disagree.
You are wrong.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Bush did it also!
You must be Kenyan.

Communist!

We are a fringe site that is becoming mainstream by the very nature of the fact that many "conspiracies" are coming true.

Voice your opinion, but caveat emptor!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I rarely write threads but when I do I usually put some effort into them. Depends really on the topic as to which methodology I will go about to make my case.

About moderation I have found the ATS mods to be quite open minded and forgiving. Very rarely do any of my posts get censored, and when they do it is because I was making a pointless off topic comment.

Following the T+C has protected my account and I think the admins/mods here respect me for abiding by it.

I do often get into heated debates and things get wild, but I always remind myself I gotta keep my cool and prevent myself from speaking out of haste and anger. Refinement of these thoughts allows you to remove the offensive parts and keep the important parts.

Of course no one is perfect and I find myself making mistakes all the time.
Luckily few others notice them, haha.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks Beezer and ghesundheit

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well I noticed a few typos and grammar mistakes, but hey I am not nitpicky.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We are a fringe site that is becoming mainstream by the very nature of the fact that many "conspiracies" are coming true.

Yup... and that truth has a very disturbing quality...

Oh... and then there's this one - 'The devil made me do it!'

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Your post has caused me to think about this aspect a little more.
We have two types of ideas, opinions and facts.

My thread about Boston: Opinion based, essentially a political and philosophical argument. No links needed, since I cannot link anyone to my brain aside of letting them read my thoughts.

My thread about Honey: Fact based entirely, essentially a scientific debate over if the facts are legitimate or not. Opinions have no weight here, and are frowned upon for the most part. Either it's factually true or it's not.

So if someone is presented with facts and fails to dispute them properly with counter-facts, but arrogantly pretends their opinion still has bearing, they are quite foolish and veritably incorrect.

However in an Opinion based debate, the only real way to defeat someone 100% is to bait them into a argument over specifics and semantics (facts). If you have thought out your opinion well in advance and anticipated the possible counters to it, than baiting the opposition into grabbing a shovel and burying themselves is exceptionally easy.

Without the clever use of fact based argumentation to eliminate opposition in an opinion based debate, it could potentially rage on till the end of time with no culmination or apparent conclusion. Because opinion vs opinion gets no where, as each side is equally qualified to make that opinion.

An important note for opinion debates, is that anything is possible due to it's subjective nature. It is mutable and you can formulate anything for the most part. That is why one has to 'lead' the opponent into making a mistake, which can only be about facts themselves. They are the ones who bury themselves, you just gotta hand them the shovel.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by soulpowertothendegree

Well I noticed a few typos and grammar mistakes, but hey I am not nitpicky.

I didn't notice them.
I am pretty sure I spelled them all correctly and applied good grammar.

Any mistakes please point out I need to learn how to improve myself. Currently I am ignorant as to which mistakes were made.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Nah I was just messing with ya!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I disagree.
You are wrong.
Pics or it didn't happen.
Bush did it also!
You must be Kenyan.

Communist!

Silly Rabbit...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Not so fast!

Fact; We pay taxes

Opinion #1. We pay too much in taxes.
Opinion #2. We pay too little in taxes.

Both are opinions BASED in truth.

(aarrgghhhh!)

Too much deep thought for a Friday morning that I have off! I must eat bacon and ponder. . . . . . .

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Not so fast!

Fact; We pay taxes

Opinion #1. We pay too much in taxes.
Opinion #2. We pay too little in taxes.

Both are opinions BASED in truth.

(aarrgghhhh!)

Too much deep thought for a Friday morning that I have off! I must eat bacon and ponder. . . . . . .

Fact; We pay taxes
Wesley snipes says hi.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Currently I am ignorant as to which mistakes were made.

I too am ignorant, not to everything, but i admit i am not the all knowing oddity i wish i was.
I think its a conspiracy, someone keeps changing facts on things i thought i fully understood.

Oh wait its just my ignorance popping back out

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Not every thread needs to be conspiracy based in nature. While ATS is predominantly geared toward conspiracy that isn't all that it's about- otherwise there wouldn't be forums for nearly every subject under the sun here! People that complain about a thread not being about a conspiracy are just acting like jerks. Just ignore them.

As far as people not understanding your sense of humor try using more emoticons or ending a remark with /sarcasm ends or something so as not to be confused for rudeness. One of the problems with posting on a discussion board is that people can't see the smirks or the rolling of eyes that are occurring as we type.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Yeah, a lot of people on here feel personally attacked by comments that only have a humorous intent

I figured out early on ATS, that could be a problem, especially with people who don't natively speak English.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Wasn't talking about me having a problem. But thanks.

new topics

top topics

join