It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul on surveillance in 1984

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Aaaaaa...he's not even grey haired

Found this short video, somewhat relevant to what is going on today.

Love him or hate him, or be dissapointed if you will...but Ron Paul is one of the more lucid and realistic politicians I have ever heard speaking.

If he lived 2 thousands years ago...he would have been a prophet

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

Again, RP knows what he is talking about.

The main issue in the USA politically is Freedom. This relates to every single aspect of society, and is a central factor in determining if a policy reflects the values of our nation or if it is an affront to them.

Of course, nearly all of the tens of thousands of pointless policies we have today are anti-freedom at their core, as even RP knew back when I was only a few years old.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
A question popped into my mind the other day as I listened to Obama defend the PRISM program. He claims that all members of congress were "fully appraised" and "regularly updated" on the program, yet recently retired congress members such as Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich don't seem to know anything about it and they act surprised by the recent revelations. Yet we know PRISM has been in operation for at least 1 or 2 years minimum. Something doesn't quite add up.

EDIT: but I do know one thing: I'm willing to trust Ron and Dennis over Obama any day of the week.
edit on 14/6/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Obama defend the PRISM program. He claims that all members of congress were "fully appraised" and "regularly updated"

Politicians like to claim much, but mostly they hope you won't follow up on that one...he certainly knows nobody will call him a liar

The same they claim WMD's in Iraq...even though there were follow up questions...you simply ignore it. Oooor...you say "mistakes were made"...and just move on.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Was anyone listening to him, sounds like they were just all talking amongst themselves.
Least they should do is shut up and listen....maybe If they had we wouldn't be in this mess.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Now that we've seen an old Ron Paul video on surveillance, lets see what Obama was saying about surveillance back during his 08 campaign:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:54 AM
link   

ha ha ha...haven't seen that one.

Talk about lying through your teeth.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

Talk about lying through your teeth.

Yeah it's pretty golden material. Although it is better with dramatic music.
I'll probably get put on some sort of list just for posting this here but I love this Amazing Athiest guy and some of his rants. He has that Obama clip in his video (below) with dramatic music and its cuts between that old clip and the recent clip of Obama defending PRISM. Really just shows how much his attitude has changed in the past few years.

edit on 14/6/2013 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   

that guy is great. So much truth. As he says...nobody cares anymore. So true.

Thanks for the vid.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I'll just leave this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ron Paul thread? S& F, ALWAYS.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Ron Paul is a smart guy yet another pawn whether it be intentionally or not, he is being pushed in a certain direction. We all are, you have to understand the matrix everyone is a part of it.

The matrix being controlled by the occult/cabal (masonry you could call it) or just 'untermenschen vereinung' which would be it's best suited name. But, I can promis you, we won't be getting anywhere close to 1984 because before it happens judgement day will come and the Infinite creator (or god as some would call him) is really pissed off at the occult/cabal/untermenschen vereinung and they will have to face his wrath. You might have noticed the cracks and things are falling apart.

This is something THEY, the TSTB (The #stains That Be, why call them TPTB they have no power nor authority over me...) don't want. They like to keep the current status quo but they know what's coming to them and they are really, really afraid.

The only thing they're trying to do right now is get as many people as they can on their side through manipulation of media and whatnot so that they infinite creator will target those people too for they know that they are f*cked no matter what. That's how pathetic and sad these lowlife beings are. These scumbags will fking get what they deserve.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
A video of Ron Paul stating the obvious. Gee, that was... boring.

Was I supposed to be impressed? He didn't say anything other people hadn't already said. He talked about past and contemporary government surveillance.

He certainly didn't predict PRISM.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by longtimelurkerr

Have you read The Hunger Games? The instinct of Catniss was to take her family and as many as they could take with them and run to the wilderness.

Her friend Gale was adamant that they must "do something" to end the corruption. Such is the Hegellian Dialectic.

I see it often on these boards. A call to action. To stand up and fight for what is right and good.

Here's the reality. TPTB, or whatever you want to call them, encourage conflict. They need sides at odds with one another to maintain their power base.

The only true path to victory is to scatter. Take care of your family and those closest to you. Lay down rather than fight.

When you openly engage who you think is the enemy, you actually empower the true enemy.

Edit to add: ****Spoiler if you haven't read Hunger Games*****

In the end, Catniss was used as a pawn and her little sister was dead. She should have trusted her instincts instead of allowing herself to be sucked into the conflict.

It wasn't only her "enemy" who was evil, but the nature of the conflict itself.

edit on 16-6-2013 by notquitesure because: add stuff

top topics

join