It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Georgia sky burned last night.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Not really. We did have some severe storms pass through last night close to sunset. With the timing of the storms and the earth's rotation, it produced some interesting sky shots last night.

I wasn't around for the shot of the red sky, but it did have those that saw it a bit freaked out, especially after what these storms did to other areas.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Red sky at night shepherds delight, red sky in the morning shepherds house on fire

Lovely pics...thats pollution for you

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Wow, those are some amazing shots.

Not sure what they mean, but wow i'd be a little freaked out
as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I've seen this in PA a few times during sunset, it's beautiful, only time it freaked me out was during a bad thunderstorm that luckily i drove between, it was all around me and somehow my route had me take a path through it, and it was a little scary but awesome. lightning all around, and the opposite side of the horizon from the sun set looked like it was on fire, i'm guessing due to the heavy clouds somehow the light was reflecting off the backside of the edge of the storm.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
Red sky at night shepherds delight, red sky in the morning shepherds house on fire

Lovely pics...thats pollution for you

I always heard that saying, but using sailors instead of shepherds.

Now I am hungry for shepherd's pie for some reason.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 10:46 AM
link   
We saw the golden skies. It was amazingly beautiful. The sun was set, and it was roughly 9:05 pm. The rain had stopped, and my husband noted it was getting light again outside. He went out first, and came back in and said, "The golden color, it's everywhere. The entire sky, evedything is gold."

I then went out, and it was awe inspiring. I took my phone and took shots exactly like the ones above. Everything was bathed in a gorgeous golden yellow light. It was bright too, like the sun was not set at all.

In the photos, it looks more like early evening than after 9pm at night. I think the sun, just below the horizon, was reflecting off the clouds. It did not become truly dark until nearly 9:30 pm.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by tebyen

Georgia the state in the US, and not the country I am assuming! I live in SC-- and yes we've had storms a-plenty lately, eh?

Absolutely gorgeous pics of Mother nature's canvas!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by new_here

Pity it is pollution causing it though....

www.scientificamerican.com...

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Oh my... ya just had to go and mess with my happy, dincha?

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tebyen

Wow this is just amazing, I wish I could of been there to see THAT in person!

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Well, to be fair, the article says you can get *reddish* sunsets from natural interactions, and that the aerosols cause the blood-red sunsets. So, fret not, it's a good chance that most or all of those pics are natural beauty.

posted on Jun, 14 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I noticed a golden sky or yellowish sky...diffently something we don't see that often...
I was just glad that no trees fell on the house....

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by redtic

Well, to be fair, the article says you can get *reddish* sunsets from natural interactions, and that the aerosols cause the blood-red sunsets. So, fret not, it's a good chance that most or all of those pics are natural beauty.

That's what I'm leaning towards since these pictures were taken on the tail or during severe thunderstorms.

top topics

join